The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
makes you wonder why they even do surveys.. to inflate and lie to the higher ups?
almost feels like the lower management teams and marketings are doing the best to manipulate the surveys.
So the surveys always give top stars to their jobs and services (even if they suck donkey dingies). Thus they can lie to their higher ups and get their personal bonuses.

I almost wonder if that is the new Corporate Disney. Only seeking for the bonus.

You have figured it out. They changed the dining plan because the guests said it was too much food, over simplification. Guests wanted control over tipping on dining plan, yeah right because we didn't like it being included with the dining plan? :facepalm: Changed FP to MME because guests wanted a fully planned vacation. :cyclops: Over the last year we have all heard Disney speak to the media how well MME has gone over and the feedback is positive. I'd like them to survey the guest in the 3 hour standby lane for Toy or the Frozen Gals. It is all about controlling and manipulating the statistics. We are never likely to hear from Disney our WiFi was obsolete when launched and our app can't handle the guest capacity that we have. It is easier to manipulate the results and tell the guests how happy everyone else is. No way are those Corporates going to say we messed up after pushing that much funding into this program.

donaldtoo

I don't know about younger people, but, for people that are elderly and starting to feel it, it is a way to prove to themselves that they can still do what they once did when they were young. It very often has tragic outcomes.

I know I've tried to describe my father on here many times. It's hard to explain, but, he really is in amazing shape for 81, and very much in control of his faculties. Again, not to say we weren't concerned, and yes, things like what he was up to today, often times end in tragedy.
This is a man that was raised on a farm and has been self-sufficient and an incredibly hard worker all his life. Mom, too. He has had no joint replacements of any kind, and is completely ambulatory. He doesn't even walk like an old man. He is a prostate cancer survivor. Luckily, they caught it early, when it was still encapsulated, so all he needed was the surgery to have it removed. People who meet my folks often comment on how there is no way they are "that old". They don't even really act or talk like old people. One of the many things my pop does is voluntary tax work for the elderly. Funny thing is, he is way more often times than not, older than those he helps.
Even he admits he's starting to slow down a bit, but, Lord knows, we mostly don't see it. He's just go, go, GO! :confused:
Anyway, all that bein' said, our radar is, and has been, up.
It can be such a catch 22 sometimes. You want them to be active and healthy, but, you also think how much less you'd worry about them if they just sat in a chair and watched TV all day... :cyclops:
A bit of an exaggeration, but, you know what I mean.

Gabe1

Huh?? :confused:o_O Did you say sleep on Christmas morning???!!!! Why would anyone want to sleep on Christmas morning? :eek: There's LOOT under that tree, woman!!! :D The earlier you get up, the earlier you can tear apart all the wrapped gifts! :p I've always been the first one up on Christmas morning, and that fact dated back to my childhood. ;)

When my DD was born and my DS was 5 we made a new Santa rule after the first year of having two kids. My DH and I finally were in bed after a major wrap fest, hard to do with the baby is only a month old. We got maybe 2 hours sleep when at 6 in the morning my DS so excited came to tell us Santa had come.:jawdrop: The rule drummed into his little head for years to come was 8am.

Gabe1

I average about 6 1/2-7 hours a night. Don't know why but I often fall asleep by 9:30 and wake up maybe 4:30 AM. I have a strange sleep pattern. :) But I do love early mornings!!! :D

I've always leaned to being nocturnal, my DS is the same way and my DD and DH just the opposite. But because the majority of the world operates at that 9-5 I fight my nocturnal-ism. I unlike my DH can't fall asleep when my head hits the pillow. If I try I toss and turn, the adrenaline kicks in. I sleep 4-5 hours. 5 I function on well. The other night with our Walter episode I got maybe an hour and a half and then shopped for Christmas all day. Before kids on weekends I'd sleep till noon both days. Nobody dared to call my home before noon in those days.

Gabe1

This is the last shopping weekend before Christmas, and the craziness started early on the roads out there. I saw on the morning business report that this may be the busiest shopping day of the year. I was out from 7:30 AM-9:45AM or so. Went to a bunch of stores and also did some of the Christmas food shopping (I'll hold off on the fresh veggies, etc. for a few days).

I was also waiting all week for a check to arrive that would cover a larger gift I wanted to buy, and of course, it came around 1:30--long after I came back; plus, the bank had closed (12 noon on Saturdays). Had to go out again, and deposit in ATM. Oh well, maybe it will clear by Weds. (out of state check). I'm hoping I can get out a few hours early from work, on Christmas Eve to finish up.

I hope it clears. You might ask the bank too. One of the banks I use clears them by the next business day. They tend to clear quicker now using routing numbers verses the passing of paper the way they use to.

Gabe1

If they have good booze. Usually they have Coors, Bud and Sam Adams. I like Sam Adams but only the original.

Canada has a beer I like...I think it's Molson XXX or something but the can is black and 8% alcohol.

My DH is a Molson Golden fan. Stopped selling it around here for a few years but in the last few months it made a comeback.

FutureCEO

Everyone is talking about sleeping so I feel like I have to play along. Up around 7:30 almost everyday and that's even without having a job to go to. Course if I have an interview in Boston early in the morning, it would be like 6:30. When I had my job...it was up at 7. Big difference. :p

Like last night....bed at midnight and up at 730.

FutureCEO

So I was totally grossed out today during a movie....skinning of an animal, raccoon or something of that nature. But amazing movie though

donaldtoo

I just don't get the idea of walking the roof. I can take a leaf blower from the ladder and blow them out without standing on the roof looking down. I agree, tragic outcomes.

Quite simply, it is much easier to just get up on the roof than move the ladder every few feet around the entire perimeter of the house to just get the gutters. Not to mention trying to get the ladder, along that perimeter, around trees that are up close to the house. Also, leaves collect up on the whole roof, especially in the valleys, and around the chimney, that can't be reached from just a ladder up against the house. Get up on the roof, and you can get the whole darn thing in a few minutes vs. only the gutters (you're still left with leaves all over the rest of the roof) and a lot more time investment.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Everyone is talking about sleeping so I feel like I have to play along. Up around 7:30 almost everyday and that's even without having a job to go to. Course if I have an interview in Boston early in the morning, it would be like 6:30. When I had my job...it was up at 7. Big difference. :p

Like last night....bed at midnight and up at 730.
If you're familiar with my posting history, you know I seldom go to bed before 2:30/3:00, occasionally as late as 3:30. Once in a while I fall straight to sleep; but not usually.

More often than not, I am up at 6:30 to get the boys up for work. We leave at 7:15, and I am home by 7:40. Usually back in bed by 8:00, back to sleep by 9:00. Up again by 11:30-noon.

I try not to nap any more than once or twice/week, and never for more than 40 minutes.

Clearly I will have to start going to bed a little earlier once I start back to work in early February. It won't take more than a few days to re-set my sleep schedule, so I have no need to start now. In a pinch, a swig of cough medicine or a Gravol tablet (Dramamine to you) will knock me right out.

I've been a night owl my whole life. At 47, that's not going to change too drastically.

donaldtoo

I've always leaned to being nocturnal, my DS is the same way and my DD and DH just the opposite. But because the majority of the world operates at that 9-5 I fight my nocturnal-ism. I unlike my DH can't fall asleep when my head hits the pillow. If I try I toss and turn, the adrenaline kicks in. I sleep 4-5 hours. 5 I function on well. The other night with our Walter episode I got maybe an hour and a half and then shopped for Christmas all day. Before kids on weekends I'd sleep till noon both days. Nobody dared to call my home before noon in those days.

So true. I know I've mentioned this before, but, before we had kiddos, although, unlike DWifey, I still needed some wind-down time, I slept like a ton of lead bricks. Not so much, ever since. I still wake at every little noise, and, as mentioned previously, can't seem to shut my mind off, most of the time.

Gabe1

Quite simply, it is much easier to just get up on the roof than move the ladder every few feet around the entire perimeter of the house to just get the gutters. Not to mention trying to get the ladder, along that perimeter, around trees that are up close to the house. Also, leaves collect up on the whole roof, especially in the valleys, and around the chimney, that can't be reached from just a ladder up against the house. Get up on the roof, and you can get the whole darn thing in a few minutes vs. only the gutters (you're still left with leaves all over the rest of the roof) and a lot more time investment.

I've only cleaned gutters a few times and it has been a while now. DH, moves the ladder around. It does take longer generally about 20 minutes. My Dad told my DH one day to get up on the roof, he wanted him to do something.....DH, my even tempered husband looked at him and said NO!

Gabe1

So true. I know I've mentioned this before, but, before we had kiddos, although, unlike DWifey, I still needed some wind-down time, I slept like a ton of lead bricks. Not so much, ever since. I still wake at every little noise, and, as mentioned previously, can't seem to shut my mind off, most of the time.

Yep that is me but I don't wake to noises though. DH drowns them out. :cautious:

donaldtoo

This made me think of Tomorrowland... :)

5236501530_f3b972918b_z.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom