The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And, in other awesome news...
DWifey called me on the way home from the office to tell me she got the promotion she found out she was up for only two days ago! She may have shed a tear...or two... ;)
They told her they didn't even bother to interview two other possible contenders 'cause it was no contest.
The director of the department wanted her for the position back in Oct., but, higher-ups wanted to hold off for a few more months to see if she would still be performing at such a high level...apparently, they couldn't believe it...!!! :hilarious:
I'm sooo happy for her, and she sooooo very much deserves it...!!! :happy:
And, yes, it also came with a monster raise...! ;)

Interviewer: "Carolyn, now that ya' got the big promotion and raise, what are ya' gonna' do now...?!"
DWifey: "Whataya' think silly?!!! We're goin' to Walt Disney Wooooooorld...!!!!!!! :joyfull:"
:D :hilarious: ;) :)

Congrats to DWifey! Celebration tonight!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
No no, this one. :p

944d0d09a546263c317e39e186e6dac4.jpg

An excellent episode of Friends. One of my favorites. About as good as Monica telling her Mom she is in a relationship with Tom Selleck.

Gabe1

I'm sorry, understand that he will really come back to you and appreciate that you support him. DD and I went through difficult teenage years. Now she is the Dearest Daughter, and so thoughtful. She knows she put us through a lot during the teen years. She really didn't do anything all that bad, but could be outspoken and hurtful at times. I call it the "teen terrible two's" all over again. Somehow most of us make it through, and out on the other side. Doesn't make it any easier. But I hope this gives you hope, that "this too will pass." Hang on to your hat, just in case.;):inlove::inlove::inlove: To you , dear @figmentfan423.

Boys are really wired differently. I'd say about 25 they start turning that corner :cautious:

Gabe1

Thank you he never went through the 2s, we were always buddies. There are now 2 lovely flowers on my mantle that she got him. At least her dad called to make transport arrangements for tonight,( he's driving) and called my ds a perfect little gentleman. Today's not all bad

Good Dad of a princess. He is driving the young couple :p

Gabe1

Like everything else transportation related, the ships are covered by insurance. The billions lost, to the cruise line anyway (the ships are the insurance companies billions ;)), could have come from litigation from loss of life, etc., had it capsized out in the middle of the ocean.
Well, at least, worse than it's already gonna' be. :cyclops:

Life lost out at sea according to maritime law is worth generally about a wooden nickel. The ship on the other hand would be of concern to the insurance company.

donaldtoo

I actually wonder what the chefs were thinking when they prepare these sauces.
I mean " a bit of this.. a bit of that.. how would it taste to throw a tiny salty and oily fish?"
It kinda makes me wonder if Chefs are the culinary equivalent of Witches making potions. :hilarious:

Foodalchemists they are...taking so many food items and turning them into culinary gold...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom