The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Sympathy like. If I could ship you my lunch, I would!! :inlove:
Thanks, and I would eat it right up. I do have chili in the freezer and it sounds good . Going to make a spicy bowl for tonight. :inlove::inlove: to you, have a fun evening....I'm out.....getting really tired by the afternoon, on the plus side more time to watch the life time cheesy movies! Cheap free fun, and if I fall asleep I know how they end. ;)

Goofyernmost

@Goofyernmost Did you check your retirement fund. Oil rose 12% at close today. You might be the only one happy about it. ;)
Thanks for letting me know. The answer is no... I make it a point to not check it when it has been like it has been for the past two months. It's way to depressing. I have faith that the value will come back up again, but, I tend to obsess on how I will continue to make ends meet to much, when it is going the other way. But... Hooray! :D Another day extra before I have to eat out of dumpsters. :in pain:

donaldtoo

And, in other awesome news...
DWifey called me on the way home from the office to tell me she got the promotion she found out she was up for only two days ago! She may have shed a tear...or two... ;)
They told her they didn't even bother to interview two other possible contenders 'cause it was no contest.
The director of the department wanted her for the position back in Oct., but, higher-ups wanted to hold off for a few more months to see if she would still be performing at such a high level...apparently, they couldn't believe it...!!! :hilarious:
I'm sooo happy for her, and she sooooo very much deserves it...!!! :happy:
And, yes, it also came with a monster raise...! ;)

Interviewer: "Carolyn, now that ya' got the big promotion and raise, what are ya' gonna' do now...?!"
DWifey: "Whataya' think silly?!!! We're goin' to Walt Disney Wooooooorld...!!!!!!! :joyfull:"
:D :hilarious: ;) :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And, in other awesome news...
DWifey called me on the way home from the office to tell me she got the promotion she found out she was up for only two days ago! She may have shed a tear...or two... ;)
They told her they didn't even bother to interview two other possible contenders 'cause it was no contest.
The director of the department wanted her for the position back in Oct., but, higher-ups wanted to hold off for a few more months to see if she would still be performing at such a high level...apparently, they couldn't believe it...!!! :hilarious:
I'm sooo happy for her, and she sooooo very much deserves it...!!! :happy:
And, yes, it also came with a monster raise...! ;)

Interviewer: "Carolyn, now that ya' got the big promotion and raise, what are ya' gonna' do now...?!"
DWifey: "Whataya' think silly?!!! We're goin' to Walt Disney Wooooooorld...!!!!!!! :joyfull:"
:D :hilarious: ;) :)
congratumalations at Mrs Donaldtoo

Cesar R M

As I read online, everyone got a complete refund for the missed trip and a new trip for free.
Considering there were some injuries.. no surprise.

Also, I read the news update. Seems the office of royal caribbean was the one who were responsible of forcing the captain to head to the storm. They claim they gave erroneous information about the storm to the captain.

donaldtoo

I can't believe they would chose to sail, those ships costs billions, as opposed to losing a few tourist dollars for the cabins.

Like everything else transportation related, the ships are covered by insurance. The billions lost, to the cruise line anyway (the ships are the insurance companies billions ;)), could have come from litigation from loss of life, etc., had it capsized out in the middle of the ocean.
Well, at least, worse than it's already gonna' be. :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom