The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
After having such a long weekend, I feel like this full week upcoming is going to be painful. Oh well...
latest

I hear you there. It was tough getting up for work this morning. We have a big snow storm coming, tonight so maybe I will get a snow day on Tuesday (probably not though).

MOXOMUMD

Okay folks, here are some day three pictures....

Started the day at AK
View attachment 120635

View attachment 120636

View attachment 120637

View attachment 120638
View attachment 120639

View attachment 120640

View attachment 120641

View attachment 120642
In the Harambe market area. Unfortunately, the food areas weren't open but if it had been we would have tried the curry battered sausages.
View attachment 120643

View attachment 120644
That's a great picture of the lionness. :) On one of our Christmas trips it was very cold one day at AK and the park was almost empty. We rode the safari three times in a row (there was no line at all) and that's the last time we saw any lionnesses. I wouldn't want to be laying on a cold rock! :joyfull:

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Yep, I understood what @Cesar R M meant, and I didn't really give it a second thought. As you posted, his knowledge of the written English language (without formal study and pretty much just from the Internet, and throw in being hearing impaired) is amazing.

Bein' from Texas, I'm pretty much a "Y'all" guy. ;)
Having southern roots my family says y'all too. :D I have friends from the Pittsburgh area they say say "yins".

Goofyernmost

Day 2 of the Adventure.... October 20, 2015

Eventually woke up after about 12 hours of sleep and headed out the door to catch the train that goes directly to Disneyland Paris. Not a long ride, probably about 40 minutes (with many stops along the way). It was where I started my love affair with train travel. The last train I was on was many years ago traveling from Toronto to Montreal with the wife and a 3 year old and an infant. It was not a pleasant trip back then. All I had were Visa Traveler Checks and the train wouldn't take them. So I had a hungry 3 year old, a hungry wife and myself ready to eat the seat cushions before we got to Montreal. (The infant had her own personal feeding source) Anyway, back on track (tee hee), I loved this ride and enjoyed train riding more each time we used it as our means of transportation.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from DLP, but, it was more then I got. The general feel of the layout reminded me a lot of Disneyland in Cali., but, not as nice. Not awful, mind you just less then I expected. Many of the big attractions were down for refurb. and the others that I managed to go to sometimes were a surprise. Phantom Manor, for example, was a nice ride with many of the expected "haunted mansion" items, but, then mysteriously became a western themed grouping of skeletal remains that just didn't seem to fit in at all with my expectations. Pirates reminded me a lot of Disneyland's PoTC especially in the beginning. It was good, but, somehow seemed disjointed to me. Not sure why. Small World was closed and BTMR looked a lot like all the rest to me. I had made 3 attempts to see Ratatouille only to be sent out each time just before loading because it broke down. Major disappointment. The Dragon under the castle was a nice touch. I, honestly, do not remember them all, but, I will tell you this... anyone that thinks that things look shabby at WDW should pay a visit to DLP. Comparatively, WDW is pristine.

I should explain that the train is a double decker passenger car. When full many have to either stand on the landing by the door or on the stair way. On the train ride back to Paris later that night, when the train started up from one of the stops a lady was not hanging on tightly and fell down the stairs, I caught her before she hit the ground. What that caused is an aggravation of a tendinitis problem in my right arm that stayed with me the rest of the trip. But other then that there were no injuries.
View attachment 121342 View attachment 121344 View attachment 121345 View attachment 121346 View attachment 121343

betty rose

Our dog Henry was on a diet because of us kidney disease and the food was all in cans. I got tired of opening all the cans with the handheld opener, so my mom bought me an under the cabinet electric canopener. I guess she really had to search for it as they were hard to find, but she wanted to get me that kind because we don't have a lot of countertop space. I do really like it and because it is mounted under the cabinet it doesn't get in the way at all.
I need to find one of those, as I don't have a lot of counter space either.

betty rose

It seems like such a good idea to save the environment. They aren't banned here but I actually switched to reusable bags to do my part. The thing with us is that we re-used our plastic grocery bags as garbage bags. So I then had to go and buy actually garbage bags. So it really wasn't helping at all. I switched back to the disposables.
We use the plastic bags for garbage too. So convenient, and it saves money to re use the bags.

betty rose

Not understanding. Why would you want to break things up? You get a discount to bundle, right? Or do you mean, you want to go with different companies for each separate thing? What does the $100 include? That seems cheap if it's for phone/net/cell. We pay $125 for all three and that is the best deal I have found.
I miss spoke, our bill comes in at around $150 per month. That seems like a lot of money to me. Especially with all the commercials on T.V.

MOXOMUMD

Lots of food pictures for you!!!
Belgium waffles, the waffles themselves were good the toppings were just okay. The chocolate one was like chocolate syrup and the whipped cream was out of a can.
View attachment 120712

Brazil: the cheese bread was interesting but good (it was a doughy texture, like an undercooked dumpling), and the pork belly was nice and salty and flavorful but too small to share!
View attachment 120713

Japan! Hubby wanted some shrimp thing, I tried some of the rice but even that had too much seafood flavor for me. He enjoyed it though.
View attachment 120714

View attachment 120715

View attachment 120716

Italy is the only kiosk I regretted going to. I love chicken marsala, but this had no flavor. The bread tasted stale, but the chicken was at least moist. The beer is from the Poland booth, the beer was great.
View attachment 120717 View attachment 120718

The Poland booth had wonderful kielbasa and potato pierogies. I am glad we didn't share this one.
View attachment 120719

We got a ham and cheese dish at Germany, I can't remember if it was pasta or potato. It was good, but needed some salt and pepper. And the onions were raw and crunchy.
View attachment 120720

View attachment 120722
The view from my bench in Germany.
I was a fan of the pierogis. :hungry: I got them twice. :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom