The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Hilary Duff, Raven Symone and (except for her choice in boyfriends) Selena Gomez being the exceptions. Many of the High School Musical stars are also doing fine
I was going to bring up Hilary Duff. She seems to be a beautiful, mature, responsible young lady.
Reminds me a lot of Carrie Underwood, except prettier.
Hubby says nuh-uh, Carrie is prettier.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Too late for me.
I've been watching CNN's coverage in Ferguson.
I think I'm having a bit of a panic attack. Not sure if I'm going to cry or throw up.

Without coming down on one side or the other, I just want to ask - what good comes of rioting and looting?
Tomorrow morning, that young man is still dead. Some folks will still hate cops. The agitators will go home. And the town will be left in shambles.

And for Pete's sake, who shoots at firemen to prevent them from putting out the fires?

Decision made - I'm gonna cry.

I don't believe there were too many that honestly believed this would not happen no matter what the outcome was. Even the locals were boarding up businesses in anticipation. Had peaceful demonstrations in IL far from the epic center. I still have vivid memories of being in Perry Georgia during the riots when Rev.King was killed. Women and children were fair game to harm in spirited revenge of the Reverends murder. I didn't grasp it then, I don't grasp the violence and destruction now. I find it puzzling that there isn't outrage that a police officer was shot last night or that a firefighter was shot at.

OSUgirl77

I haven't been posting much because my life is upside down but I've been thinking a lot about you guys and miss you all. Hopefully things settle down on my side and I can try to keep up with threads.

Happy turkey day, if I don't post again till afterwards :)
I'm very sorry things are rough for you right now. This has been a rather craptastic year for a lot of people. At least it's almost over and, hopefully, 2015 will find us all in better places. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Happy Thanksgiving!

donaldtoo

Yes. She gradually transitioned from album to album. And she's managed to do it tastefully and without a lot of controversy. She also doesn't seek out the attention, but rather lets her work speak for itself.

Miley Cyrus just did it in a most distasteful manner (namely, twerking at the VMAs) and has been doing drugs (her one song We Can't Stop is about drugs) which has basically ruined her image.

I don't think that vocally, Taylor Swift is as talented as Miley Cyrus (though she's an amazing songwriter), but I have a lot more respect for T-Swift. While transitioning into adulthood, she recognizes that she has younger fans and acts accordingly. I used to be a big Miley Cyrus fan. I was of the Hannah Montana generation. I still have several of her albums and enjoy some of her older music. But she alienated me and, I believe, a lot of her other fans just to get some attention which really was not at all positive.

Yes, our DD's used to be fans. USED to be.

donaldtoo

I feel like a chump complaining about my second job now after reading your posts. On a separate topic: how is your pregnant family member doing?

Heck no! Don't you dare feel like a chump!
Although, everything I posted is true, I was also bein' a lot silly about it all, too.
We all do what we have to do, and, in your situation, you're an All Star in my book...! :)

She is actually a friend and not a family member, but, thank you so much for asking. :)
So far, not much change, but, we are hoping something can be figured out to take her pregnancy to as close to full-term as possible. I'll update if things change.
Again, Thanks.

donaldtoo

Too late for me.
I've been watching CNN's coverage in Ferguson.
I think I'm having a bit of a panic attack. Not sure if I'm going to cry or throw up.

Without coming down on one side or the other, I just want to ask - what good comes of rioting and looting?
Tomorrow morning, that young man is still dead. Some folks will still hate cops. The agitators will go home. And the town will be left in shambles.

And for Pete's sake, who shoots at firemen to prevent them from putting out the fires?

Decision made - I'm gonna cry.

Yes, very sad, all the way around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom