The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Something has really been bothering me since we got home from vacation last week.

While driving to the airport, we drove through the general area where we have been looking at condos - only online of course, as we are at least a full year away from looking at properties in person.
And while most everything we were considering was in a gated community, the roads leading to these communities were sketchy. Even with Hubby, for once, I wasn't feeling safe - says the girl who walked (with Hubby and one other gal) from Times Square to our hotel at 3:00 a.m.

For the last week or so, I've been thinking, "I don't really want to buy in Florida, after all".

Anyways, totally out of the blue, Hubby says to me today, "Orlando's out, we need to consider closer to the coast. I didn't feel safe."

By coast, we mean Gulf - not east.

This led me to assert that I would prefer to be in an actual building, not a townhouse complex.
We have just spent the past hour looking at available properties, and we are both really pumped again.

The link I tried to post was no good, but we are looking at something like this. Just north of Tampa, <$130K.
image.jpg

Last edited:

DVCPluto

Something has really been bothering me since we got home from vacation last week.

While driving to the airport, we drove through the general area where we have been looking at condos - only online of course, as we are at least a full year away from looking at properties in person.
And while most everything we were considering was in a gated community, the roads leading to these communities were sketchy. Even with Hubby, for once, I wasn't feeling safe - says the girl who walked (with Hubby and one other gal) from Times Square to our hotel at 3:00 a.m.

For the last week or so, I've been thinking, "I don't really want to buy in Florida, after all".

Anyways, totally out of the blue, Hubby says to me today, "Orlando's out, we need to consider closer to the coast. I didn't feel safe."

By coast, we mean Gulf - not east.

This led me to assert that I would prefer to be in an actual building, not a townhouse complex.
We have just spent the past hour looking at available properties, and we are both really pumped again.

The link I tried to post was no good, but we are looking at something like this. Just north of Tampa, <$130K.
View attachment 74579

This looks awesome!! I would definitely look at any coast vs Orlando in FL. I'm hoping to one day be able to be an official beach bum (but with a roof over my head, of course).

Good luck searching!

DVCPluto

@DVCPluto Re: Thanksgiving Dinner - We have now been going out to Thanksgiving dinner for 28 years now. My advice is to look for a place for a meal now and make reservations quickly, you can always cancel. It is pretty rough to find restaurants open on Thanksgiving. We usually go to high end steak houses and they also give you the choice of various meats including turkey (for your DH). But my concern for you is there are so few open on Thanksgiving and reservations fill quickly that you should track something down now, there are far more restaurants open on Christmas Day than Thanksgiving.

Thank you!! At least someone is concerned besides me. ;)

I've been waiting to reply to see if I'd have any update to our Turkey Day Dining plans.

That would be a big, fat NOPE. I mentioned to DH, that, hey - it's a holiday - think we should have ressies somewhere... Anywhere?? His response: we have hours to figure it out during the drive over.

Since it's really not up to us, I'm just going to go with the flow. I could grab some hummus and pita chips and be happy. DS can always eat chicken nuggets from somewhere. It's only a meal, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom