The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Don't do sci-fi but H and V really suprised us this year ... better than ABC .

We had dinner at H&V on our recent trip and I was pleasantly surprised, after reading all the negative reviews. This doesn't help Figgy, but I thought the lobster/shrimp mac & cheese was quite tasty. The mini turkey corn dogs were yummy, too. But they also had some nice-looking salads (spring, caesar, caprese), green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, fish & chips, peel n' eat shrimp, mussels, orange chicken, and meats (sweet & sour pork, bratwurst, polenta w/beef). However, apparently I only took a pic of the lobster mac & corn dogs:

20150712_185534.jpg

Cesar R M

Ha! That's funny. :) Actually, the reason why I'm replying to your post is because FINALLY someone explained what the "brb" meant! For the longest time, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks for deciphering that for those of us who are perpetually uninformed! :hilarious:
even me.. as a tech savvy... I still get confused with some of these shortened words. Why you ask? because people keep making more and more and more as they go!!.
I think you can express almost everything with shortened expressions now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Awww, poor fellow likes to feel needed! There must be something else he can fix. Perhaps a foot massage, drawing you a nice bubble bath, breakfast in bed? ;)

Heh, heh . . . those are good ideas; think I'll suggest all of them! ;)

The part that amazes me about all this, is that after so many years, you think you know someone. I had just assumed I was being a pest whenever I'd ask him to help fix the tv. (He's always working on something, and I have to interrupt him if the tv needs to be fixed.) That's why I finally tried it myself, to give him a break. Little did I know that he actually liked fixing the tv for me . . . :facepalm:

Anyway, there's still tons of things that he likes fixing, that I would never attempt such as: the car, the washing machine, the computers, electrical circuit box in the basement, etc. I'm sure all those will make him feel "needed" again! :happy:

Cesar R M

The illusion I get. It is the practical that fails when loading down cargo shorts with stuff, then the mechanics of a belt doesn't work so well and I have that teen slouching cargo shorts look going on. I'm way too old for that look. :joyfull: The phone in my back pocket and wallet in the other seems to work. If not I carry either a nylon string back pack (very small) or an equally small cross body purse. The cargo thing and me just doesn't seem to work. :cyclops:
I still suggest going the Swiss way.
Aka suspenders ;)

Cesar R M

Yet many chose to show their outrage about the lion rather than the more horrific violence that happens around the world, including the U.S. And I saw the same pattern on all social media. And the media itself.

Maybe if people showed outrage towards human on human violence like we do for a lion I wouldn't have called it a numbness.

There are many recent cases and atrocities to choose from. But people in this country chose to get outraged over a lion over the rest. So that's my beef.
Agree.. also theres plenty of people outraged about human on human violence.. the "hands up dont shoot" protesters are a fine example.

Cesar R M

My boys are driving me crazy! I'm trying to get together a list of places to eat at on our next trip and Beaches and Cream was on it for a DHS day and now the boys don't want to go there! The ones who don't want to go are the 2 that can eat ice cream LOL. Now I have to find a place for lunch to replace it with:banghead: I really just want to get the rest of the budget set!
Are you sure they are not complaining just for the sake of complaining?

Reminds me of that character in an asterix comic..who always asked the complete opposite of what was available.
There was meat and fish on the restaurant? he wants a fish burger.
They are in a seafood restaurant? they want fast food...
etc..etc..

Cesar R M

I think we're pretty safe on this thread that any misunderstandings will be worked out, unlike "other" threads where people aren't as supportive and it has nothing to do with emoticons. :banghead:
I support changing that emoticon to this!

nothing beats judge judy!

BymPFYe.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom