The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hear that. DWifey actually volunteered to take some pics of me with "Bessy" the day I sold her. What a great car, and so many memories. She had 167,000+ miles on her when I sold her.
Although, she was long gone before we ever started our family. All our kiddos came home in our '90 Jeep Cherokee Laredo.
Other great memories...! :)

My Sis had florist deliver flowers when my Mustang passed on. :(

Cesar R M

One of the other great parts of Aulani has to be the food now. They openned a new QS location since I've been here called Ulu Café. And they have specials every day. Their soups change every day, and every day that I've had them, they've been delicious. One day, they had a loaded baked potato soup. It was fantastic. Another day, they had a tortilla soup, which to me tasted a lot like MD crab soup, only with chicken instead of crab meat. That was also great. Yesterday it was chicken noodle soup. My stomach was iffy last night, and I saw what their soup of the day was (which ended up being dinner), I practically jumped for joy. And even with my stomach being weird, it was great. I had it+a baked potato (which we had in our room) and that was dinner. Today, I just finished a portugese bean soup. I wondered whether I would like it, but it was so good that if we end up eating in again tonight, I might go get some more.

And then they also have a hot sandwich special. Today, it's shrimp tacos. My mother will be all over those. Yesterday, it was Chipotle bbq chicken wraps. They also have a hot plate special. Yesterday it was meatloaf, which actually sounded good. Today, it's a thin cut steak. My brother will most likely want that. And then they also have premade sandwiches and salads. I haven't had fried food in days becausw I've basically been eating the soups with a salad or sandwich. So good. :hungry: And not the only place to get food, but at least you're not stuck with hot dogs, burgers, fries, etc.
yep, sounds definitively like paradise XD

Cesar R M

Well, it still must have been nice to go outside of the resort and eat a few meals elsewhere as well. Right now, you and @StarWarsGirl95 are both making me hungry and my options don't sound nearly as tasty as what is being served in Ulu cafe!!! :( (Then again . . . I do have some ice cream in the freezer calling me name . . .) :D
seconding this..

You all talking about nice food.. and here I just had KFC and made me feel bad :(

Gabe1

I'm so sad! I brought my two cats over to my mom's and grandmother's condo this morning. My cat Pebbles adjusted with no problem, but my cat Cali hid somewhere and we can't find her! She hasn't come out since! On the car ride to drop Cali off, she cried the entire car trip as if she knew something was up. When I got to the condo, she stayed by the front door and cried and would not move. I moved her to another room and she ran towards a corner and disappeared! I looked everywhere for her. Under all the furniture and haven't been able to find her! I hope she comes out soon! I'm really worried!

I have just one more day here before Ingo overseas for six months!

Awe, hope you get to see her before you leave. They adjust and they hide well usually only coming out in the wee hours of the morning when everything is still. We often watched my MIL cat when they left town. One night she came out in the middle of the night and I woke to her perched above my head on my bookcase headboard. Creepity. Say a prayer to St. Francis to watch over her while you are gone and turn it over to him.

Gabe1

you guys and gals talking about cars.. and I never had a real car of my own lol.

My Mom was well into the 30s before she had a car of her own. It wasn't an issue when we lived in the city. Cars are more of problem than an asset in Chicago. Much better off with public transportation and hopping a taxi when that isn't an option.

Gabe1

aaah, the famous bug.. very loud but reliable as hell.
They were the workforce for like.. 50 years of the taxis of Mexico City.
Most of them were then replaced by NISSAN TSURU II. Which are super reliable as well.

I always thought these Bugs were cute but they scared me. I lost an uncle in one. Head on collision. The other car everyone else walked away and he was DOA. With nothing up front in the original version they just collapsed. Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom