The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

1 word: YUM!!!!!!!!!! :hungry: :hungry:

Yes, Ulu café is great, although we were disappointed when they had something we really liked but then didn't serve it again during our stay last year. While I'm all for changes, it'd be nice to repeat dishes at least a couple times in a week, as we weren't too keen on anything else they served while we were there. We did the buffet once, but weren't impressed, and we didn't want to spend a ton of money at 'Ama'Ama, so we had to go across the street for a couple dinners.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, Ulu café is great, although we were disappointed when they had something we really liked but then didn't serve it again during our stay last year. While I'm all for changes, it'd be nice to repeat dishes at least a couple times in a week, as we weren't too keen on anything else they served while we were there. We did the buffet once, but weren't impressed, and we didn't want to spend a ton of money at 'Ama'Ama, so we had to go across the street for a couple dinners.

Well, it still must have been nice to go outside of the resort and eat a few meals elsewhere as well. Right now, you and @StarWarsGirl95 are both making me hungry and my options don't sound nearly as tasty as what is being served in Ulu cafe!!! :( (Then again . . . I do have some ice cream in the freezer calling me name . . .) :D

StarWarsGirl

We did Ama Ama. Since we've done a lot of dinners in, we could justify it. I had a filet and onion soup. :hungry: Ama Ama is the first and only place where I've found mashed potatoes thaf I've liked. I usually only eat them if they're from a box. I liked Makaliki, though Cape May in WDW is better. We'll probably go across the street once our stomachs are all better.

StarWarsGirl

Well, it still must have been nice to go outside of the resort and eat a few meals elsewhere as well. Right now, you and @StarWarsGirl95 are both making me hungry and my options don't sound nearly as tasty as what is being served in Ulu cafe!!! :( (Then again . . . I do have some ice cream in the freezer calling me name . . .) :D
I didn't even get to the flatbreads or the milkshakes...

I want to try the cotton candy milkshake.

catmom46

We did Ama Ama. Since we've done a lot of dinners in, we could justify it. I had a filet and onion soup. :hungry: Ama Ama is the first and only place where I've found mashed potatoes thaf I've liked. I usually only eat them if they're from a box. I liked Makaliki, though Cape May in WDW is better. We'll probably go across the street once our stomachs are all better.

Yep, that's probably what we'll do next time - save up for Ama by eating in more! :greedy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We used to have a "Houston's" in Kansas City. So good. I was told it originated in Houston. The best smoked meat in the world. It may still be in Kansas City. Haven't been back there for years.

Yeah we have Bandera here, I don't think we ever had a Houstons but they did rename about half of their Hillstone, catching a great deal of flack for it 'cause they were able to get around the new menu labeling laws that way. Pretty creative business move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom