The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh, it'll happen. The amount of my Facebook friends who thought that MD was going to become infected because the nurse was transferred to Bethesda was ridiculous. They must have missed the part where she was taken by an ambulance airplane, she wore protective gear en route, everyone caring for her also wore protective gear, and that by being placed there, in one of four biocontainment units in the country, not only is she more likely to recover, but she's less likely to spread the disease to others.

If that was the reaction just from bringing the nurse here, I can only imagine the reaction in Chicago.
I'm just gonna' eat an ***load of Texas BBQ and Chicago-style deep dish pizza, and try not to think about it all...! :D ;) :)

Yeah, dribble drabs of info. Maybe by morning they will have more info to share before half the City goes off the deep end. A good friend of ours works at the hospital that the adult was taken to. She is a social worker, she is going to be busy.

Cesar R M

Seriously, have you people never heard of chairs and toilet paper?

You drag the chair over to the vicinity of the spider. You stand on the chair. You smoosh the spider in the toilet paper. You deposit toilet paper where it belongs. You flush. You announce loudly: Let that be a lesson to all the rest of you spiders.

Lather, rinse, repeat, as necessary.
until the spider decided to suicide jump on your face to unleash a torrent of smothering fury!

Cesar R M

How 'bout a silly, happy, smiling snake...?

Smiling+Snake+3.jpg

:D ;) :)
tumblr_lrf0xzyNwX1r2hsaso1_500.jpg

Cesar R M

Sometimes the Cleaning Lady moves my mail and I don't see it.
I guess I missed opening the boys' cell phone bill last month.

Imagine my consternation when I saw this today:
Total if received by Nov 10, 2014 - $1,354.65
(I can't get the photo to upload for some reason.)

$1,354.65 - I kid you not!

So, I paid it online, and then on Thursday after the payment has cleared, I will pay off their combined "tab" (the amount outstanding on the phones), and those little (insert any word you want here) can "pay as you go".

Out-rageous! More than $1300 for 2 months worth of cell service on two phones!
You sure your sons arent using the phone to buy stuff and dodge your fury?

Cesar R M

Oh, it'll happen. The amount of my Facebook friends who thought that MD was going to become infected because the nurse was transferred to Bethesda was ridiculous. They must have missed the part where she was taken by an ambulance airplane, she wore protective gear en route, everyone caring for her also wore protective gear, and that by being placed there, in one of four biocontainment units in the country, not only is she more likely to recover, but she's less likely to spread the disease to others.

If that was the reaction just from bringing the nurse here, I can only imagine the reaction in Chicago.
speaking of recovery... the spanish nurse was officially cleared of Ebola!

StarWarsGirl

speaking of recovery... the spanish nurse was officially cleared of Ebola!
Yup, heard about that. I'm taking a class on diseases, and part of our homework is to keep up with current health news. Every class (which is once a week and 3 hours), we have an Ebola discussion. It lasts 45 minutes. Learned so much in that class so far. Amazing. The classes where I learn the most are the ones not focused on grades. This one, my psch course, public speaking...all less focused on grades and more on learning. Learned so much in all three

StarWarsGirl

In other news, I have an accounting test tomorrow and am pretty sure that I'm getting sick. I've had a migraine all day, which is one sign, and now I'm feeling nauseous. Just hoping the professor believes me and that I don't have to use my medical documentation for my migraines or get the person in charge of students with disabilities involved (typically you need a doctor's note to miss a test, but my documentation is supposed to be sufficient and I'm not supposed to be penalized for missing class).I think this professor will believe me since I've had him two semesters.

Here's hoping either I sleep it off and am better by morning or that he doesn't give me a hard time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In other news, I have an accounting test tomorrow and am pretty sure that I'm getting sick. I've had a migraine all day, which is one sign, and now I'm feeling nauseous. Just hoping the professor believes me and that I don't have to use my medical documentation for my migraines or get the person in charge of students with disabilities involved (typically you need a doctor's note to miss a test, but my documentation is supposed to be sufficient and I'm not supposed to be penalized for missing class).I think this professor will believe me since I've had him two semesters.

Here's hoping either I sleep it off and am better by morning or that he doesn't give me a hard time.
Hope you feel better soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom