The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well some birds build multiple nests and then pick the one that they think is ideal. Not an ideal location. As long as there aren't any eggs in it, you should be fine knocking it down. While it is under construction is usually legal (unless it is an eagle nest, which this one is probably not). If there are eggs in it DO NOT KNOCK IT DOWN! You'll have violated Federal Law. Also check your state laws.

http://www.fws.gov/pacific/lawenforcement/Sam Stuff/Spring Cleaning.pdf
http://www.army.mil/article/37815/take-care-with-birds-nests/

Just watch it for a few days and see if there are birds coming and going and if so, which they are. A nest under construction by anything other than a bald eagle shouldn't be an issue

Definitely not an eagle's nest. I think it is a little nut hatch or something.

donaldtoo

OK, we hadn't been there in over 7 years, so we decided to give it a shot.
My Red Lobster dinner...

Dinner salad with blue/bleu cheese dressing and one of the Cheddar Bay Biscuits...

image.jpg

My Admirals Feast. Fried flounder, clam strips, shrimp, and bay scallops...

image.jpg

And, of course, my Dos Equis... ;)

image.jpg

Was all good enough, but, really not worth what they now charge, IMO. I can remember a time when we really looked forward to a Red Lobster meal. Now, we definitely prefer Joe's Crab Shack.

MOXOMUMD

After the Hasbro show the plan was to go swimming before dinner. I was feeling out of sorts and I had that feeling if I didn't lay down I was going to fall down. :( My friends took my daughter to the pool so I could get a NAP. They'd come back in time for everyone to get dressed for the Cruise Elegant dinner.

I never did sleep but the more I laid there the worse I felt. The rocking of the ship was becoming less intermittent but was still bothering me. :depressed: When everyone returned I began feeling more ill and had to tell them to please go without me. (I know I'm not with it if I pass on a free steak! ;) )

My friends took my daughter to dinner and entertained her for most of the evening by exploring the ship. (The night's movies were Divergent and Interstellar so I knew those were a no go.) I took ibuprofen and wished for my head not to explode. :in pain: Eventually I slept for an hour then ordered room service to stop my stomach from growling--side salad, BLT and chips. Everyday on the ship's tv one family movie and one action movie plays continously for 24 hours (before moving on to different featured movies) so I got to watch Alvin & The Chipmunks:Chipwrecked. :cat: I also started packing a suitcase since our time left on the ship was dwindling. :cry:

Eventually the girls came back and dropped my daughter off. She had shrimp cocktail, steak, mashed potatoes and chocolate ice cream for her dessert. I guess the wait staff put on another dancing show to I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas too. She also told the head waiter I wasn't feeling well and he made me a flower. :happy: (That made me feel better than a chicken. :hilarious: )

stem04b.jpeg I still wasn't quite up to par but hoped a good night's sleep would help cure me. Especially since we had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss character breakfast the next day. :geek:

TO BE CONTINUED with green eggs and ham, "Look mom, I'm on tv!" and packing procrastination.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My Red Lobster dinner...

Dinner salad with blue/bleu cheese dressing and one of the Cheddar Bay Biscuits...

View attachment 90128

View attachment 90129

View attachment 90131

Was all good enough, but, really not worth what they now charge, IMO. I can remember a time when we really looked forward to a Red Lobster meal. Now, we definitely prefer Joe's Crab Shack.
I like Red Lobster, but yowza, it's gotten expensive.

MOXOMUMD

My Red Lobster dinner...

View attachment 90128

View attachment 90129

View attachment 90131

I love those biscuits! We only go there for the never ending shrimp when they have it and that's rare. The closest Joe's to us closed many years ago and Applebee's moved in.

StarWarsGirl

I'm actually fairly selective on the dogs I like too. I have mini-schnauzers (and have always had them). I like their size and that they don't shed. I am a little allergic to dogs that shed, and cats for that matter so that is probably why I'm not a big cat fan.
My dad is slightly allergic to cats as well. That's why we have a short haired cat. And he seems to be less sensitive to black cats, which is why we got a tuxedo.

Unless I marry someone who likes dogs, I very much doubt I will ever own one. I prefer an animal that's pretty low maintenance. You don't have to train a cat to the same degree that you have to train a dog. You don't have to walk them (most of the time, some cats actually should be walked. Mine won't go outside). When you travel, as long as you get someone to feed them and scoop the litter box (and give some attention) they're pretty much fine. You just feed them, brush them, keep the claws clipped (I believe declawing is inhumane and refuse to declaw a cat. So you keep the front ones clipped so they aren't too sharp and so they don't peel and get caught) and that's basically their maintenance. The worst part is basically the litter box.

Plus, I will probably take my cat with me when I move out, and she's afraid of dogs, so definitely no dogs while I still have her (and she's only 7, so I could have her for another 10 years. Given that she runs around like a nut and has zero health problems, seems likely). Even so, if I had my way, I don't think I would ever want one. I like other peopl's dogs, but I also like that I can leave them there.

Kind of funny, a friend of my mom's has two cats and a dog. When I go there, I pay a lot of attention to the cats, of course (I'm still one of the few people to make friends with her tabby; just knew how to approach him I guess). The dog gets jealous. I was petting one of the cats while sitting on the floor, and the dog came over, stood over the cat and was in my face. It was funny. I paid attention to the dog, then went back to the cat...and the dog was still trying to get my attention. :joyfull:

donaldtoo

I love those biscuits! We only go there for the never ending shrimp when they have it and that's rare. The closest Joe's to us closed many years ago and Applebee's moved in.

Yep, those biscuits are indeed good. :)
Same here, the Joe's 5 min. from us closed a few years back, but, there's another one only about 15 min. down the road.
Although, we haven't been in a little while, we tend to like Applebee's. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom