The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
11163767_846834728685599_2221148103868845123_n.jpg

Ha ha...guess what? I'm not a big cat fan either! So you posted a perfect picture. :) Cats are cute but dogs are more my style. Oh and I live with a huge Star Wars nerd (husband), but that's okay because he lives with a huge Disney nerd (me).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our second sea day started off rocking...literally. :eek: In the very early hours of the morning some strong winds had kicked up and were blowing across the ship causing it every so often rock to one side. I hadn't noticed it while sleeping but as we started our day the captain had made a safety reminder announcement to hold onto railings when needed, etc. :cyclops: Extra precaution is always best.

We had slept in until 10 a.m. and chose the Blush Brunch for dining again. :hungry: Our table had a window view and we could see the water was really choppy. This day we decided to try to do things we hadn't so far. (There was so much we couldn't get to it all....and didn't. :( ) We had an hour wait until we could get into the Thrill Theater, which was near the Library Bar, so we wasted time playing Sorry. I must say this time would be the only negative experience we had on our trip, and it wasn't the fault of the cruise line. :cautious:

In our times of visiting the game room we had sat by a table of oriental gentlemen playing cards. They were always very cordial to us although none of them spoke English. It was always a smile, nod and wave to say "Hey, how you doin' today?" :geek: Shortly into our game three teenage boys had come in and sat at a checkers table and were rather obnoxious. (My first thought was Where are your parents?!? :devilish: ) Then they started to talk loud in some sort of Asian language. At first we tried to ignore it but one got louder and the other boys would laugh. Finally one gentleman turned and said something to the boys. It was then I realized the boys weren't speaking Asian and were mocking the men. :mad: Having their bluff called the boys made a hasty retreat but not before playing 52 Pick Up with all the checkers. If I was their mom the only sight they'd be seeing was their room for the remainder of the cruise!

While playing our game the strong motion of the ship was giving me a queasy headache so I made me daughter trade places with me. It was like I had been on a slow rocking chair I couldn't get out of. :depressed: Of course that didn't bother her at all. We saw Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs at the T.T. and realized we could make it to the next performance of Hasbro:The Game Show. :)

Finding our seats in the balcony again (that's all that was left :grumpy: ) we settled in just as the stage hands were getting the crowd pumped up. The format and commercial was the same but the games played were different. Cruise Director Matt chose eight contestants using Pictionary. Eight crew members had made videos drawing their clue and the participants had to decipher what it was to get in.

View attachment 90106 The first game they played was Sorry Sliders. (It reminded me of curling without the ice.) The two teams each had a big game piece on wheels and the closer to the center, the higher the score. The adults were using this strategy and the kids were just trying to knock to the others out of the ring. :facepalm: The game was interesting due to the fact that the ship rocking to one side, all the pieces rolled to the left and off the board. o_O

Matt used Trivial Pursuit to pick the next eight contestants. He really threw us for a loop on the final four questions though! Let's see if you get the answer....and no googling! (And talking about Google, if you are found to be using it during the trivia contests you are banned from playing for the day. :jawdrop: ) Okay, Matt's question was.....what holiday did England ban in 1644? :confused:

It was Christmas!

Possibly every holiday was named and was wrong until a little girl (maybe 6 or 7) said the correct answer and got to play. Matt's next few questions stumped us because they all had the same answer as the spoiler. :banghead: He divided the eight winners into two groups, four adults, four kids.

View attachment 90115 The next game was based on Operation. It was like skeeball and the two teams each had 90 seconds (taking turns) to score as many points as possible. The adults were going for speed and not accuracy, the kids had a slow steady rhythm and were sinking 500 after 500. The audience were cheering for those kids and they won! :happy:

View attachment 90117 When it came to the Monopoly ATM, Matt had each contestant strike a model pose before they put their card in. The "spoiler" girl struck a pose then crossed the stage like a catwalk. :cat: She also had picked the cell phone card. Guess who was the winner? Ring, ring ring! So now you know to be the ultimate winner of Hasbro:The Game Show, pick the cell phone card! :hilarious:

Those games look pretty awesome. I love playing board games. Fortunately so does my husband. Growing up my sister rarely wanted to play with me, so I had to hound my mom or by myself. If I was by myself I would pretend the dog, there was usually one next to me, was playing the game with me. I was very honest in "helping" the dog take its turn, and sometimes the dog won. I know, I was a strange kid. But I didn't live in an area where it was easy to have my friends come over to my house just whenever.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok, here is a nature question for you. A bird has built its nest in the area right near where our front door opens. We use this as our primary door for entering the house, so this could pose a problem. I didn't notice it yesterday so I doubt there are eggs in it yet. Should I knock it down or let it stay and see what happens?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ok, here is a nature question for you. A bird has built its nest in the area right near where our front door opens. We use this as our primary door for entering the house, so this could pose a problem. I didn't notice it yesterday so I doubt there are eggs in it yet. Should I knock it down or let it stay and see what happens?
Yeah, I'm not the one to ask - I would knock it down EVEN IF IT DID HAVE EGGS.
Last year we had a bird that made multiple nests in our eavestrough. Hubby just kept knocking it down.
I've also been known to deconstruct squirrel nests.

*runs and hides

MOXOMUMD

Those games look pretty awesome. I love playing board games. Fortunately so does my husband. Growing up my sister rarely wanted to play with me, so I had to hound my mom or by myself. If I was by myself I would pretend the dog, there was usually one next to me, was playing the game with me. I was very honest in "helping" the dog take its turn, and sometimes the dog won. I know, I was a strange kid. But I didn't live in an area where it was easy to have my friends come over to my house just whenever.
I get that! When I was younger (starting when I was ten) Friday was my night to stay up late (until 1:30 a.m.) and watch Big Chuck and Little John (they showed B quality monster/horror movies) and I would play games against myself because everyone else was sleeping. :D

MOXOMUMD

In my old apartment a bird had built a nest in the boards above our doorframe and had babies. The sound of the door opening and closing must have disturbed them.
One morning I stepped outside in my bare feet to check the mail and stepped down on a featherless baby that didn't make it. POP! I threw up for an hour! My dad had to come over and clean up all remains and move the nest.

StarWarsGirl

Ha ha...guess what? I'm not a big cat fan either! So you posted a perfect picture. :) Cats are cute but dogs are more my style. Oh and I live with a huge Star Wars nerd (husband), but that's okay because he lives with a huge Disney nerd (me).
I'm both Star Wars and Disney nerd. Although actually I know more about Disney than Star Wars. But seeing as how the two brands have combined...

I'm afraid of big dogs. Little dogs are fine. There are a very select number of dogs that I like. Cats are far superior IMO. Lower maintenance. Don't have to do as much training. And they can be just as affectionate, but you have to earn their attention. Never liked dogs as much. When I was a kid, I didn't find them cute at all. Now I think some are cute, but will still always pick cats over dogs.

There's also a cat on my lap right now. :cat:

StarWarsGirl

Well some birds build multiple nests and then pick the one that they think is ideal. Not an ideal location. As long as there aren't any eggs in it, you should be fine knocking it down. While it is under construction is usually legal (unless it is an eagle nest, which this one is probably not). If there are eggs in it DO NOT KNOCK IT DOWN! You'll have violated Federal Law. Also check your state laws.

http://www.fws.gov/pacific/lawenforcement/Sam Stuff/Spring Cleaning.pdf
http://www.army.mil/article/37815/take-care-with-birds-nests/

Just watch it for a few days and see if there are birds coming and going and if so, which they are. A nest under construction by anything other than a bald eagle shouldn't be an issue

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not the one to ask - I would knock it down EVEN IF IT DID HAVE EGGS.
Last year we had a bird that made multiple nests in our eavestrough. Hubby just kept knocking it down.
I've also been known to deconstruct squirrel nests.

*runs and hides

I think I will have my husband knock it down tomorrow. I don't want to be the bird killer! Isn't this part of a husband's job description?!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In my old apartment a bird had built a nest in the boards above our doorframe and had babies. The sound of the door opening and closing must have disturbed them.
One morning I stepped outside in my bare feet to check the mail and stepped down on a featherless baby that didn't make it. POP! I threw up for an hour! My dad had to come over and clean up all remains and move the nest.

Yikes, I'm afraid of something like this. I will let my husband deal with it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm both Star Wars and Disney nerd. Although actually I know more about Disney than Star Wars. But seeing as how the two brands have combined...

I'm afraid of big dogs. Little dogs are fine. There are a very select number of dogs that I like. Cats are far superior IMO. Lower maintenance. Don't have to do as much training. And they can be just as affectionate, but you have to earn their attention. Never liked dogs as much. When I was a kid, I didn't find them cute at all. Now I think some are cute, but will still always pick cats over dogs.

There's also a cat on my lap right now. :cat:

I'm actually fairly selective on the dogs I like too. I have mini-schnauzers (and have always had them). I like their size and that they don't shed. I am a little allergic to dogs that shed, and cats for that matter so that is probably why I'm not a big cat fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom