The Captain EO Appreciation Thread

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Today would have been the 59th birthday of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. So, to celebrate, let's talk about how awesome Captain EO was!

"We are here to change the world."

CaptainEO.jpg

disney4life2008

I hated that there were people in the show that would scream out negative things when Michael was shown. Captain Robert remains one of my favorite shows.

Cmdr_Crimson

You want to see something that Screams the 1980's and has a full hour grand opening TV Special with No Michael Jackson even at the premier.....This is the Special for you...I give you the Captain EO Grand Opening TV Special...Enjoy!

Mickey5150

Absolutely love Captain EO. I still think Disney is missing a great money maker by not selling their old movies. Maybe when Disney's streaming service comes online we can have the option of streaming Captain EO into our homes.

Cmdr_Crimson

Absolutely love Captain EO. I still think Disney is missing a great money maker by not selling their old movies. Maybe when Disney's streaming service comes online we can have the option of streaming Captain EO into our homes.
Actually, in 1986 they did aired it once on MTV....And that copy has been swimming on Youtube since...

Last edited:

GlassHalfFull

Captain EO.. forever in my heart and mind.. for all you haters comparing it to today's cinematography.. I sure hope you don't like the old Pirates AA's, or Illuminations, or anything else that isn't 100% updated... Otherwise your comment would seem a bit hypocritical. For when it came out it was great, and frankly I think the messaging was positive, and something that sets Disney in general apart as well. He wasn't a perfect person, none of us are, but the message of coming together is something I think is as relevant now as it was when the movie was made. I still rock my 2 shirts on each trip down there.

grim-grinning_toast

Whenever someone isn't doing something that I want them to do I call out, "HOOTER!" in this tone of voice.

Man, I loved this show! I miss it so much. The first time I saw it, I sat in the theatre for a long time after it ended and just cried because it made me miss the magic of Michael Jackson so much.

JIMINYCR

I appreciated that it was an open attraction and not an empty site. It did fill in some time when I was in the park. But it was never an attraction I went to multiple times. I however did greatly appreciate MJ's music, talents and ability to entertain so I will join with you celebrating his Bday anniversary and continue to grieve the loss of his presence to the music world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom