Trip Report The brave little princess "met" her Magic Kingdom! (completed)

Hi everyone!
Well, it's been over a month since we had our little trip to the World... better late than never! ;)

The cast: me, Sudcaro, aka Mom. Hubby, aka Dad. And our sweet, now 4 year old sweetpea known as the Brave Little Princess (BLP) because she is a two time cancer survivor.
When and where : November 30 to December 2 2014, at the Animal Kingdom lodge.
What: discovering the Magic Kingdom (first time in Orlando for all of us) and enjoying the beautiful resort. :)

Our pre-trip report is here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-brave-little-princess-two-pics-added.891962/

We drove from SC and we stopped on the way, not too far from Orlando, as we wanted to arrive at our resort as early as we could to drop off our stuff and head to the MK.
The BLP didn't know we were going to WDW, and since it was also a beach trip she thought that was where we were headed that morning. She didn't really understand why I started to cry when I saw that...

SAM_0479.JPG

I honestly was a mess. So excited and anxious and impatient and happy and what not. I told her it was happy tears because there was a surprise around the corner...
She started wondering where we were actually going when she saw that:

SAM_0481.JPG

I was an even worse mess by then... I was shaking all over with excitment. And my daughter was looking at me like I was crazy (which is understandable, lol).

It didn't take us very long to get to the AKL gate... And there we had our first big laugh of the day: the CM at the gate, Luis, started talking to my husband... in Spanish. Except, my husband can't speak that language, he's not even Latino or Latino looking... Why Luis addressed us in Spanish will always be a mystery, lol.
Anyway, we made our way to the AKL, and wow. Amazing. It felt wonderful from the first seconds. The warm welcome, and that lobby... just incredible.
The BLP was still wondering where we were, and asking for us not to forget her beach toys... :p
We checked in very quickly, and although it was only around 10, our bedroom was ready. We decided to go and see it, of course. It was beautiful, as expected. But the BLP was intrigued...although it looked very African, this room had weird things going on, such as...

IMG_2354.JPG

or the most amazing curtains I have ever seen (I really, really, REALLY want these!)

SAM_0610.JPG

I asked my daughter if she knew where we were but she kept repeating "I don't know"... Knowing my child, I know she knew ;), but was afraid to say it and be disappointed...
So we remained silent, and got back to the car...

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
By the time we were done taking pictures in the Tangled area, the BLP had been asking about princess Jasmine a good 50 times, lol. But we didn't want to go all the way there yet...
We still had quite some time to kill before our next FP+ though, and the sweetpea wanted some "action" (understand: meet people!). Since our FP would be to meet Ariel, I thought it would be a good thing to head in that direction, but just walk a little further and give Pete's silly slide show a try! What a good idea I had, the lines were really minimal there. :)

The BLP was super excited when she realized who she was going to meet!
First, Daisy:

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

I love, love her outfit! :inlove:

Then, Minnie! The BLP was super excited, as she adores Minnie (but who doesn't?). Of course, Minnie noticed the Minnie ears!

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

Once done with the girls, we went all the way back to the entrance to get into the boy's line! Which was actually not a line at all, just a couple of folks before us, so it was quick.
Soon we were meeting Goofy! The BLP and him had quite a chemistry. They hugged a lot, even kissed several times! Rhooo, Mickey is going to be jealous, lol

IMG_2673.JPG

Then, Donald Duck! He was very nice, and even danced with the BLP!

IMG_2688.JPG

By the time we were done with the gang, it was already time to head to Ariel's grotto... :)

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
As usual, I hadn't told the BLP what was next yet (see the pattern? Secrets, secrets! But it was worth it each time.) ;)

She was very happy when I told her Ariel was there! Even happier when she realized she was in her mermaid form!

IMG_2701.JPG

Once we were done with Ariel, it was still a little early for our lunch ADR, so I told hubby it was now time to try and meet... Jasmine!
The line was open when we got there, but no Jasmine yet. The BLP was very happy to wait.
The CM who was there was really nice and fun. To help the kids stay patient, she decided to do a little game: say a word and find the rime! Except, she had not anticipated that at some point a little girl - who must have been about 6 - would give her the craziest answer... hum, she did find a good rime, except it was a word a girl that age is not supposed to use... :eek: Everybody burst out laughing :joyfull:, the CM hid her name tag (saying "you guys and I have never met, OK?")... The photopass photographer even had to remove herself from the area for a few minutes because she was laughing too hard. :hilarious: :hilarious:

Soon, Jasmine and Aladdin arrived. They were so cute, holding hands and all, and very nice with everyone.
After quite a wait, it was our turn... They came to the BLP, and Aladdin took her by the hand, saying "come on, let's go over there and take pictures". She was very intimidated but really happy. :)

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

The three of them were really cute together :). I really think Jasmine and Aladdin wanted to adopt the BLP ;)
And it was nice not just meeting a princess, but a prince too! :inlove:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
It was lunch time already, and we had met lots of characters! The BLP thought she was in a dream. :inlove:

Down main street we went, as we had an ADR for Tony's.
I had read lots of mixed reviews about this place, but really want to try it and judge by myself.
Here's why: a long, long time ago, when I was a little girl, I saw a movie entitled Lady and the tramp. Ever since that day, I have wanted to eat spaghetti espeziale at Tony's. Except, growing up, I realized there was no Tony restaurant, since it was a place in a movie. :( Well, that was until we decided to go to WDW, and I saw a listing of restaurants, and saw that it indeed existed for real! :cat:

We were slightly early but didn't wait at all, a table was available.
Soon we were able to order - the BLP and I both went for the spaghetti and meatballs (of course), hubby picked the cannelloni.
I thought I was going to "die" when the background music switched to Bella notte... Perfect moment. :inlove:

SAM_0501.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

It was delicious! And super filling. I was not disappointed at all. :)

And here they are, beautiful in their winter outfit:

IMG_2728.JPG

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
We went up Main street, hubby stopped at Starbucks for some coffee. As we arrived near the castle, a few people were gathering for Dream along with Mickey. We took a spot ourselves, very close to the stage! :)

After a good 15 minutes, it was time for the show to begin!
It really is very good, and fun for kids of all ages.

First, the friends:

SAM_0518.JPG

It was nice to see the three classic princesses and their prince!

SAM_0524.JPG

I think Aurora's nap time was getting closer ;)

SAM_0529.JPG

Then came Hook and Smee

SAM_0547.JPG

Peter Pan and captain Hook!

SAM_0552.JPG

Oh no! Maleficent! :jawdrop:

SAM_0563.JPG

SAM_0564.JPG

And then, something crazy happened. :jawdrop:
Just as Maleficent was defeated and left the stage saying "You haven't seen the last of me" , the sky turned gray, and it started to pour that crazy Florida rain :eek:
Of course, the show was stopped, and everybody ran to take shelter. And the sweetpea kept asking me "but mom, why did Maleficent make the rain? She's not nice! Why did she make it rain?". Well, I told her "Because she is Maleficent, and she is mean". "But Moooom! Mickey is wet now! We are wet! Everybody is wet!"
I have to say, the timing was kind of great. Couldn't have happened at a better time, lol.
Of course, we wish it hadn't rained at all. :rolleyes: The downpour lasted well over 30 minutes o_O And with the stroller and all, we just decided to not go in the rain.

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
As people were gathering for the parade (which was delayed but not cancelled), we decided to stay in Tomorrowland (where we had found shelter). I told my husband it would be a good time to try the People Mover.
I must say, I have always heard this ride was deserted, but no! The line was long :confused: I think many people had the same idea as us. But that's Ok, we waited! :)

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised: it's a very nice ride! Great view of everything.

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

This lady looks so real! But what the H. is she doing? :jawdrop:

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

We all enjoyed the ride a lot. :)
And we were a little tired so it felt good to just sit and relax.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
After the people mover, I felt like having a treat. We went down to the ice cream parlor on Main street and I decided to get a huge sundae (can't remember how they call it - All American sundae, maybe?). Hubby and the BLP didn't want anything (what? :eek: ).
Anyway, as I was about to get inside, we heard the opening sounds of Dream along with Mickey. The BLP recognized it and insisted she had to see it again. So hubby took her while I was waiting for my treat.
I met them there, around the time maleficent was coming back. This time around, no rain, so we were able to enjoy the end of the show. :)

Once it was done, we felt like we had done our share for the day - it sure wasn't late, but we were not planning on going on any ride, so we decided to just walk about a little. I told my hubby that there was someone we could try to meet, provided she was there... Tiana!
We were lucky because she was there indeed, and the line was open and not too long. ;)
While we were waiting we had fun watching a family of ducks (no pictures though). That's the magic of Disneyworld, I guess. :)
Finally, our turn came... The BLP was once more very happy to meet a princess. And she adores Tiana.

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

Now pay attention to my husband's T-Shirt... It's one he got in New Orleans! Of course we made it a conversation starter with Tiana. :cat:

IMG_2803.JPG

She was adorable. We really liked her a lot.

And that dress! Boy, all the characters' outfits are beautiful. Kuddos to the people who make and take care of them.

The little area for her meet and greet is cute, and it was really nice with the Christmas decorations, and they were playing soft Christmas music, New Orleans style... really good!

By then we were getting a little tired of all this walking and heat... So we decided to head back to our hotel...
Bye Bye Magic Kingdom! We'll miss you, but hey, we'll be back soon! :inlove:

DisneyDreamer08

All of your character photos are adorable! Your daughter looks like quite the little ham.

My husband and I ate at Tony's back in 2009 and it was our favorite of the trip. So glad you enjoyed it! We had a little table in the corner, it was the end of a super long day, the food was great, our server was great. She even brought us 3 desserts when we couldn't decide what we wanted! It was a great experience.

Question about your Dream a Long with Mickey photos- Is Captain Hook a face character? I feel like I've only ever seen him with a big plastic head!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
DAY 3

The day we had to leave, already! :(
But we had a plan: a little hotel safari to enjoy the animals! ;) And leave after lunch.

I was the first to wake up, so I went to the bathroom area and took some pictures - love, love the details in this hotel!

SAM_0577.JPG
SAM_0582.JPG
SAM_0595.JPG
SAM_0596.JPG

Soon my husband and daughter woke up, so we had a quick breakfast, got ready... Around 10 someone came to pick up our bags to take them to the concierge area.
We were on our way to a different kind of adventure!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
We really wanted to see as many animals as possible, so we did our little safari in both Jambo and Kidani village - it was quite a walk from one to the other, but the BLP did well - we did have to carry her a little on the way back from Kidani, but overall she agreed to walk ;)

It was great seeing all these species, we really felt like we were in Africa (hubby and I went on an African safari in Kenya and Tanzania 11 years ago, so it sure brought back many memories!). :inlove:

Here are some of the many animals we saw:

IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_2849.JPG
IMG_2850.JPG
IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG

It may not be obvious, but most of these pictures were taken from indoors - my husband did a good job with them, I must say.
We had a lot of fun, although the BLP got tired of it all after a while. She was really impatient to go to the beach now! :cat:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
We went for a last meal at the Mara, then took a last walk in the Jambo lobby... :cry:
We sure are missing this beautiful place! It was a great stay. We sure did splurge there, but it was well worth it. No regrets!

IMG_2890.JPG
IMG_2892.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG

It started to rain a little while we were having lunch... and poured like crazy when we left the resort! Like WDW was sad to see us go, too...

Bye-bye Disneyworld! :cry:

But... see ya real soon! ;)

Last edited:

mrdrift

It's always a sad moment when you have to leave Disney World. How did the BLP take the news that you were leaving to go Home? But all in all your family seemed to have a Magical time and you did get some very cute pictures of the BLP through the different parks. Thanks for sharing with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom