The Boathouse Dining Credit Questions...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Being that they put The Boathouse on the dining plan...aside from appetizers and stuff what entrees re NOT available for someone to get?

If I wanted to get The Dry Aged Tomahawk Rib Chop ($115) can I get that and it only cost me 2 credits?

I ask because of all the changes to these sig restaurants concerning the "Porterhouse For 2" style meals. I find it hard to believe they are gonna let me smash a $115 for 2 credits on my own.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Being that they put The Boathouse on the dining plan...aside from appetizers and stuff what entrees re NOT available for someone to get?

If I wanted to get The Dry Aged Tomahawk Rib Chop ($115) can I get that and it only cost me 2 credits?

I ask because of all the changes to these sig restaurants concerning the "Porterhouse For 2" style meals. I find it hard to believe they are gonna let me smash a $115 for 2 credits on my own.
I don't see The Boathouse listed as taking the Dining Plan yet.

That said, if it's a signature Restaurant [AllEars.net says it will be], then any entree that "serves two" would require a total of four credits.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't see The Boathouse listed as taking the Dining Plan yet.

That said, if it's a signature Restaurant [AllEars.net says it will be], then any entree that "serves two" would require a total of four credits.

How's it been bud? LONG time!

I swear I read somewhere it's on DDP now.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes it is on the plan as noted but any entree meant for 2 people is usually never included on the dining plan. Nor would an item be included if it's that expensive (over $100). So no the item you mentioned will not be included. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Steve announced it, but it's not listed on the dining plan PDF is all I saw.

The Boathouse Dinner menu has a large number of entrees that are "served for two" which run into big bucks and would be four dining credits to order [including that $115 Porterhouse or Rib Chop you're eyeing]. The only single-person entree over $60 is the "Filet Mignon Oscar Style - 12 ounce, jumbo lump crab, grilled asparagus, Bearnaise $62" and at two dining credits that's like a $31 entree anywhere else. Plus I suspect that pricing doesn't include any veggies or potatoes, sides that are charged separately.

You won't be getting any fantastic deals for food at The Boathouse.

Oh, and it's going great! Headed to DL for two weeks this Saturday with my son! :cool:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well items for 2 will just cost you 4 credits. Just curious at what point can you basically NOT get something...like where do they draw the line?
The "line" is at "Chef's Specials"... They are not listed under "Entrees" so are not available under the Dining Plan.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I actually got their number and called them...

Basically anything is 2 credits EXCEPT The Lobster Bake, Surf n Turf and the Tomahawk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom