The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So are they expanding land out into the lake like the VGF project or is the restaurant going to be at least partially built out over the water? Either way it should have some good water view seating.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So are they expanding land out into the lake like the VGF project or is the restaurant going to be at least partially built out over the water? Either way it should have some good water view seating.
I think it will span the land water.

roj2323

DbMdisneysprings01x.jpg
disney-springs_Full_19826.jpg
DS-Waterfront-550x309.jpg
I think it will span the land water.
there are conflicting images of what it might look like however.

lobelia

Grew up racing sailboats and both images evoke the feeling I had at some of the more prestigious yacht clubs. Love the old wooden boat. Complete nostalgia for me.

sabbyxxo

Oh my goodness, it's gonna be gorgeous! This is too good to be true. I hope they don't start to charge entrance fees in the future for Disney Springs... Downtown Disney was the perfect shopping time for my grandma, mom, and I to just spend a day relaxed. It was such a gift to have this be free, so you aren't stuck doing nothing and broke when visiting Disney. <3 Ps... Disney Springs is my favorite name. Whoever came up with that, kudos to YOU!

CDavid

Do we have any idea when a completion date is for The Boathouse? Among new construction, seems to be about the project which is farthest along.

I like the two story version which means they are probably building the other version. Heh.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the middle picture (single story) version in a previous post is indeed the one being built. But I agree, the two-story concept looks more appealing.

jt04

Do we have any idea when a completion date is for The Boathouse? Among new construction, seems to be about the project which is farthest along.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the middle picture (single story) version in a previous post is indeed the one being built. But I agree, the two-story concept looks more appealing.

I think I read where it would be done by the end of the year. Not positive though.

I am really hoping they have some higher end venues similar to the original Empress Lily. DTD really needs something along these lines IMO. The original design of the Boathouse seemed to indicate that, but it evidently has run into some 'value engineering'.

Still holding out hope for for a nice jazz club. The old AE building could be repurposed and be perfect.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think I read where it would be done by the end of the year. Not positive though.

I am really hoping they have some higher end venues similar to the original Empress Lily. DTD really needs something along these lines IMO. The original design of the Boathouse seemed to indicate that, but it evidently has run into some 'value engineering'.

Still holding out hope for for a nice jazz club. The old AE building could be repurposed and be perfect.

The permit doesn't have an expiration date which means it expires one year from filing which would be 1/6/2015 so it looks like they plan to have it done this year.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Down here now, it looks beyond horrible. I've taken a lot of photo's around DTD/Pleasure and none of them do justice to how icky the place is now. The only OK-ish thing is the dock they built for the resort ferries. Nothing like a plumbers tushie hanging out over the World of Disney as you enter the place. Bad. The whole area looks like a war zone.

image-jpg.50948

This was my first view arriving by ferry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom