The Big Toss At Living With The Land

Gig 'Em Mickey

I'll almost guarantee you that disney loses and spends more money to get the money out than what they eventually donate to charity. I'm all for supporting good charities. Just seems there's a better way to do it. Maybe a wishing well near the ride or something or something like that.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Hi - I'm back (and miserable). We spent five days in Epcot and rode this ride many times. I honestly did not see any coins on the ride. The only rides that had tons of coins were IASW and BTMR (on the roof by the stand-by line)
Thanks for remembering this thread and my inquiry. I appreciate the fact that you thought to look on my behalf. I'm sorry to hear that you are miserable and I hope that things get better.

Disney4family

Thanks for remembering this thread and my inquiry. I appreciate the fact that you thought to look on my behalf. I'm sorry to hear that you are miserable and I hope that things get better.
I'm only miserable to be back in the real world as all here would understand, but thank you. This was our longest trip and being there became quite an enjoyable lifestyle. As a CM told us two years ago - every day at home is a day closer to going back (which is less than a year away!) :happy:

rsoxguy

Original Poster
I'm only miserable to be back in the real world as all here would understand, but thank you. This was our longest trip and being there became quite an enjoyable lifestyle. As a CM told us two years ago - every day at home is a day closer to going back (which is less than a year away!) :happy:
I'm glad to know that all is well. I haven't been for a while myself, but I might drive up for a few days during the Christmas Season. Thanks again for thinking of my request while on vacation. Best wishes.

WhatJaneSays

I'll almost guarantee you that disney loses and spends more money to get the money out than what they eventually donate to charity. I'm all for supporting good charities. Just seems there's a better way to do it. Maybe a wishing well near the ride or something or something like that.
It doesn't really cost extra to collect the coins from random ride spaces. People will still toss money even if there is a box/fountain/whatever. And it has to be removed while the locations are being inspected or refurbed anyway and after that the volunteers take care of it. The collected coins tends to be in the range of 15-20k dollars every year (for the spots that don't have dedicated charities) and they let the cast vote on where it goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom