The best honeymoon advice you have???

Born&BredDisney

Original Poster
Fiancé and I are honeymooning at disney world mid November for a week. We're staying at Coronado springs. I've been to Disney 75+ times so I know a lot of tips and tricks but am completely clueless on how to make it "honeymoonish". What's your best advice??

Sweet Melissa

Congratulations and best wishes! Our honeymoon is in November too. Our main tactic for this trip is not to overplan, and to take it slow. I think just making sure we keep a leisurely pace and allow for spontaneity will make it "honeymoon-ish." We did plan for a couple special meals and events, too.

WLBound

Fiancé and I are honeymooning at disney world mid November for a week. We're staying at Coronado springs. I've been to Disney 75+ times so I know a lot of tips and tricks but am completely clueless on how to make it "honeymoonish". What's your best advice??

We did mostly quick service meals on our honeymoon but we made room for two special dinners in Epcot. We each picked one restaurant that we wanted to try.

Lexi

You can book a horse and carriage ride...we were there while the Christmas decorations were up so we picked Fort Wilderness over Port Orleans so we could see all the decorations set up in the campgrounds, which did not disappoint...you are allowed to bring alcohol in the carriage with you so bring a bottle of champagne and some plastic (to be on the safe side) cups with you...nothing more romantic then cuddling under a blanket, with a glass of champagne, staring up at the stars.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/carriage-rides/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We honeymooned in WDW. Not sure your budget but we did late dinners (less kids around). Signatures can be great. Dinner at a Poly restaurant followed by fireworks on the beach. California Grill also has fireworks viewing on the patio if you are dining there. If you really want to splurge. Victoria and Albert's is awesome! We went for our honeymoon and 5th anniversary - worth every penny.

Carriage rides or a Fireworks or Illuminations private cruise. If it's during F&W maybe a dessert or food party. They have the Wishes dessert party as well. We did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on our honeymoon that was fun! Make sure to get just married buttons or even bride and groom Mickey Ears and you will get extra greetings for many CMs and charters.

Born&BredDisney

Original Poster
You can book a horse and carriage ride...we were there while the Christmas decorations were up so we picked Fort Wilderness over Port Orleans so we could see all the decorations set up in the campgrounds, which did not disappoint...you are allowed to bring alcohol in the carriage with you so bring a bottle of champagne and some plastic (to be on the safe side) cups with you...nothing more romantic then cuddling under a blanket, with a glass of champagne, staring up at the stars.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/carriage-rides/
Ohhhh, do you have an idea of the price range for the ride??

deanaandrich

Yeah the carriage rides are about 40-45 and last about 30 minutes.
Take things slow, don't try to cram everything in your stay or you'll need another vacation. Maybe a spa treatment or special restaurant.

Born&BredDisney

Original Poster
Yeah the carriage rides are about 40-45 and last about 30 minutes.
Take things slow, don't try to cram everything in your stay or you'll need another vacation. Maybe a spa treatment or special restaurant.
Do you have to make reservations ahead of time for the carriage rides? And is POR and FW the only places with rides?

dopeylover

Do you have to make reservations ahead of time for the carriage rides? And is POR and FW the only places with rides?

You do need reservations, and I believe those are the only 2 places to do them. We stayed at POR for our honeymoon and booked the night before, and it was wonderful!

dopeylover

We enjoyed the nicer restaurants I had never been to as a child (honeymoon was husbands first time), and just relaxed and drank wine w/ every meal, lol.

I have to tell you, we wore our 'Just Married' pins everywhere, and occasionally our bride and groom ears, and we got a tons of 'Congrats' and a LOT of freebies from CMs. Once it was a free brownie w/ our morning coffee, another a free drink, a free dessert, being put in the front of the line, and getting FPs were some of the perks we experienced! I know not everyone has had that same experience, but for us it was wonderful! I HIGHLY suggest wearing those pins (and the ears!).

Mainahman

I want those ears soo bad! We never took a honeymoon, and after 5 years im hoping to take her for a trip to the World for our 5 year and get our hats!

gbrooks135

for a honeymoon in Sept what is the better place to do the Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides?
Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans riverside

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom