The Art of Shaving opening at Disney Springs

TheRabbit

So I'm seeing the theme of the new Disney Springs: Boutique stores. I'm sure there will be lines at the registers for THIS store too! (sarcasm) Yes, the store looks stunning, beautiful, unique...but once again, I fail to see the demand for the typical Disney family coming to Orlando. I'm sure I'm wrong and will be told in future comments. ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So I'm seeing the theme of the new Disney Springs: Boutique stores. I'm sure there will be lines at the registers for THIS store too! (sarcasm) Yes, the store looks stunning, beautiful, unique...but once again, I fail to see the demand for the typical Disney family coming to Orlando. I'm sure I'm wrong and will be told in future comments. ;)
Disney Spring is also taking aim at becoming a destination for Florida locals. You are going to see stores that will appeal to both tourists and residents of Florida.

And yep, you are wrong! ;) LOL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Time will tell. There is an Art of Shaving in what could be considered the boutique section of the St John's Towncenter here in Jacksonville and it seems to do a fair amount of business and J-ville is a far cry from Orlando.

I have no desire to go there mainly because the idea of a straight razor shave sounds akin to torture to me, but it looks like they are doing just fine without me.

Next Big Thing

My question is why does the signage say "The Art of Shaving - New York"? I don't know if the chain of locations started in NY or what, but it would just seem like common sense to put location specific naming on the sign. Instead of "New York", put "Disney Springs" (I would say put Orlando, but there are a few around already).

NearTheEars

Many folks here have been crying out for the return of more unique, boutique stores on Disney property.
This isn't on Main Street USA or anything, but it's a step in the right direction.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Time will tell. There is an Art of Shaving in what could be considered the boutique section of the St John's Towncenter here in Jacksonville and it seems to do a fair amount of business and J-ville is a far cry from Orlando.

I have no desire to go there mainly because the idea of a straight razor shave sounds akin to torture to me, but it looks like they are doing just fine without me.
They also have safety razors which is what I use. Considerably cheaper than say a Mach 3 which is what I still use to shave my head. For the face the safety razor is awesome. The oils and after shaves they have are really nice.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They also have safety razors which is what I use. Considerably cheaper than say a Mach 3 which is what I still use to shave my head. For the face the safety razor is awesome. The oils and after shaves they have are really nice.
Their products look great, my only real objection to the place is the straight blade shave. My facial hair is incredibly coarse making shaving under the best of conditions uncomfortable. I have had a few straight razor shaves and by the end of every one I was ready divulge the location of the stolen Death Star plans to the barber.

I have been getting the 6 blade razors from Dollar Shave club for a year or two and like them more than any razor I have used previously. (the Fusion ProGlide was my previous blade of choice) Having 4 delivered every month also allows a guilt free blade change every Monday morning. In the past I would push whatever blades I was getting way too far in an effort to avoid buying more.

For shaving cream I found a product at Wal-Mart of all places called Cremo-Cream. The stuff is inexpensive and is the slickest shaving lubricant I have ever used. A single tube will last me about 2 months and comes in at about $6.

I am kind of screwed when it comes to aftershaves. I like them, the wife however does not. Her asthma is triggered by nearly every kind of perfume or cologne. She can't even so much as walk into the store at Norway without hitting her inhaler.

flyerjab

Their products look great, my only real objection to the place is the straight blade shave. My facial hair is incredibly coarse making shaving under the best of conditions uncomfortable. I have had a few straight razor shaves and by the end of every one I was ready divulge the location of the stolen Death Star plans to the barber.

I have been getting the 6 blade razors from Dollar Shave club for a year or two and like them more than any razor I have used previously. (the Fusion ProGlide was my previous blade of choice) Having 4 delivered every month also allows a guilt free blade change every Monday morning. In the past I would push whatever blades I was getting way too far in an effort to avoid buying more.

For shaving cream I found a product at Wal-Mart of all places called Cremo-Cream. The stuff is inexpensive and is the slickest shaving lubricant I have ever used. A single tube will last me about 2 months and comes in at about $6.

I am kind of screwed when it comes to aftershaves. I like them, the wife however does not. Her asthma is triggered by nearly every kind of perfume or cologne. She can't even so much as walk into the store at Norway without hitting her inhaler.

I never officially went through puberty so I will never have a need to buy anything from this store (for myself). Won't stop me from going in and checking it out though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Agreed, you could always go for the latest lumbersexual look. ;)
Oh if the wife only like that.

My beard, even when long, feels like needles to the touch. She will not come near me on the occasions that I grow out the goatee for dressing up as Captain Jack.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Oh if the wife only like that.

My beard, even when long, feels like needles to the touch. She will not come near me on the occasions that I grow out the goatee for dressing up as Captain Jack.

Familiar territory... My beard is tough on razors too, my wife hates it if/when I don't shave daily.

TheRabbit

Many folks here have been crying out for the return of more unique, boutique stores on Disney property.
This isn't on Main Street USA or anything, but it's a step in the right direction.
Where is 'here'? Because I've lived in Orlando for my whole life. So where exactly have people been crying out for boutique stores?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom