The Amazing Race 26

Clamman73

I wouldn't go that far. The gimmick is weak, along with the selfie thing, but it's not that bad. And I think we could end up with an interesting, explosive final half judging from last night's episode. We'll see.

What do you mean?
March madness break makes it drag out too much.

GenerationX

The way I see it, if it weren't for Ford and a Friday time slot, the show may have been cancelled. The break between eps is a minor annoyance.

How do you go on the Amazing Race and not learn to drive stick? Manual transmission cars show up nearly every season. Just crazy to abandon the car, even if you were struggling.

I loved the Amazing cameraman getting a shot of the pack left behind in the car. If they don't already, they should get bonuses for those types of shots.

The Blind Date twist is still interesting to me. I like how the relationships are progressing (or regressing), and it adds to the drama. It's great that Hayley and that poor guys she's with are still advancing. They are really struggling to work together, and it's fun to watch. Her voice and mannerisms? Could. not. be. more. irritating.

DinoInstitute

It's been a while since we visited this thread. Now that the season's over, my general feeling is that it turned out rather good. I'd put it in the top half of all seasons, with great challenges, and quite frankly just a great story. And the finale was great....I honestly never knew who was going to win! The first bit with the football challenges was crazy, and then Blair and Hayley loosing their lead was insane (and could you imagine if it was Blair who made the parking garage mistake....I honestly believe Hayley would have murdered him :p). But all in all, I actually found myself rooting for Blair and Hayley, similar to how I actually started to root for Tim and Marie towards the end of their season, simply because they were great characters and would be hilarious if they won. But, a Tyler and Laura win was well deserved and a great conclusion to the season. The question is....

Did they find love?!?!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Yeah, no. They didn't. In fact, no one did. Maybe Jeff and Jackie, but that's it. So, this twist was kind of a let down, but it was fun to watch. And I'm sure they are going to do it again sometime due to its success, if not blind dates then at least blind partners. Burtrum had said in an interview also when asked if they' do another 'blind' edition, he responded "no answer". So, there's that.

seahawk7

It's been a while since we visited this thread. Now that the season's over, my general feeling is that it turned out rather good. I'd put it in the top half of all seasons, with great challenges, and quite frankly just a great story. And the finale was great....I honestly never knew who was going to win! The first bit with the football challenges was crazy, and then Blair and Hayley loosing their lead was insane (and could you imagine if it was Blair who made the parking garage mistake....I honestly believe Hayley would have murdered him :p). But all in all, I actually found myself rooting for Blair and Hayley, similar to how I actually started to root for Tim and Marie towards the end of their season, simply because they were great characters and would be hilarious if they won. But, a Tyler and Laura win was well deserved and a great conclusion to the season. The question is....

Did they find love?!?!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Yeah, no. They didn't. In fact, no one did. Maybe Jeff and Jackie, but that's it. So, this twist was kind of a let down, but it was fun to watch. And I'm sure they are going to do it again sometime due to its success, if not blind dates then at least blind partners. Burtrum had said in an interview also when asked if they' do another 'blind' edition, he responded "no answer". So, there's that.
I was rooting for Blair and Hailey myself.

GenerationX

Agree with everything you said, @IDInstitute. My wife thinks Blair is a saint, but could not root for them because of Hayley. I loved their determination to move forward despite their differences. Their relationship was the highlight of the season. I put it above the mid-race marriage proposal team, simply because that was going to happen regardless of the race. And I lost any good feelings I may have had toward marriage proposing guy when he spent three hours trying to find a matching shoe. I know he was struggling, as have many teams on many challenges, but he lacked the self-awareness to know he needed to take a step (heh) back.

I thought Tyler and Laura were both likable, deserving winners, and I kinda hoped they had become a couple. Didn't seem like it.

I found Jenny's declaration that Jelani would make some girl happy to be incredibly condescending. As though SHE were the big catch, and while he didn't measure up to her standards, some other lesser woman may be OK with him.

As usual, the Roadblocks and Detours were interesting and fun to watch. I miss hearing Phil's old patter, though ("A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons").

Great, entertaining season. The Amazing Race 26: "Blair, why aren't you listening to me?"

seahawk7

In which way ? personally I'm happy Hailey DIDNT win. even with her looks and body, that attitude just wouldn't be worth it.
I really liked Blair, I thought he had a cool, calm demeanor. Plus he didn't blame his teammate when she made the error that caused them the race. He was a good teammate. I didn't care for the two who won because they were shady and underhanded IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom