The Amazing Race 26

RMichael21

Original Poster
The Cast has been released! I'm really not into the whole "dating" edition thing.

Here's a blurb from CBS:

The Amazing Race 26, premiering on Wednesday, February 25 at 9:30/8:30c, will match five singles with a partner to race around the world with. These five blind dating pairs will compete against six actual dating couples.

The five duos will see each other for the first time at the starting line of The Amazing Race, right before host Phil Keoghan tells them they can begin the race.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1003695/

DinoInstitute

The Cast has been released! I'm really not into the whole "dating" edition thing.

Here's a blurb from CBS:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1003695/
Cool!;)
I'm not quite digging the dating edition either....It just doesn't seem like what TAR should be:p I like the idea of matching people at the starting line, but if you are going to do that, it's either all or none. Unless of course the season's gimmick is "who will do better? Dating or blind dating?" But it's not. They are pretty much ignoring the already dating.

It's a cool concept, but I don't think it is fully..."developed". But, as a true TAR fan, I'll never knock it quite yet!:D

Also, other than that, the cast seems great!

Nemo14

Not sure how I feel about this - I'd hate to see this turn into The Bachelor type show. Seems like they're rewarding one couple on each leg with a "date night". This show is better than that - I hate to see them stoop to that kind of phony c r a p.

DinoInstitute

Tonight's the night! Survivor AND Amazing Race premieres on the same night? Yes, Please! :D
Totally! :D I almost forgot about TAR on...I guess it's all of the White/Blue/No Collar-Hype and general dislike of this years TAR theme that is taking TAR off of the season 25 spotlight and putting Survivor in it instead.

Nemo14

So I watched last night, and so far I'm not crazy about the "blind date" thing. No real favorites yet...

DinoInstitute

I actually just finished watching it now:p So, I'll keep this under spoiler tabs
I guess it was a nice show, but not my favorite at all. There are some pretty tacky elements to it...Such as the selfie cam. I hope there aren't too much more of these. The challenges were fine, and I agree that the whole love theme is not really catching on. But, later in the episode it hit me I guess you could say:p

The thing is...They are trying to tell a story of love around the world and this incredible adventure, and while it doesn't really feel like TAR should, it's something else. And when they were dancing under the Tokyo lights to that annoyingly catchy song...I think I got the sense of the story:p Hard to explain:p:rolleyes:

I think it could be better then we expect, but that said, it can also drive our expectations home. Going into it also, I thought one big redeeming factor was that we could see some Mark/Mallory type clashes with the blind teams, but I realized that the producers were actually TRYING to give the cast good set-ups and partners, so they might unfortunately work well together:p

DinoInstitute

I almost forgot about Friday's episode! I guess I can share some thoughts, though it started to leave my mind.

Date-night twist...It's not a bad idea, but it would be better as something that has to be earned.

Phil....Man, you have to stop!:p Kidding, but he is really pushing the whole dating thing a bit too far so that it starts to become awkward for both the teams and viewers.

#SelfieFail....This is the kind of thing that makes me kind of insane:p A pretty poor game aspect causing a terr bile rookie mistake:p

Blind date teams....They are working surprisingly well together! There hasn't yet been and Mark/Mallory type clashes, and that's the kind of thing we need to have for this season to be successful, but we can wait. Just let them travel a few more times, and eventually the rush and speed will cause them to clash. Looks like it might be happening already for Blair/Hayley next week.

Anyways, this episode as a whole was better than the first. A lot less going on, better challenges (though there hasn't really been any particularly bad ones yet, though noodles could have been harder). I'm liking this season more than I thought I would to be honest. Though, it hasn't quite yet really impressed me.

GenerationX

It was cool to see so many teams bunched up on the mat at the end of the episode, and I liked their picture. The blind date gimmick is interesting, and after so many seasons, a reasonable twist to the race. As for how the blind daters seem to be getting along:

Bergen and Kurt: Friends
Blair and Hayley: Enemies, my wife could feel the animosity between them since day one
Jackie and Jeffrey: Likely a couple, already comfortable sharing a room
Jelani and Jenny: Friends, I don't see a spark
Tyler and Laura: Likely a couple.

I'm rooting for Blair and Hayley to go far, because I'd like to see such incompatible people have to gut it out and work through their differences to keep advancing.

Foolish Mortal

Just found this thread. Blind date gimmick is weak. If I was paired up with Hayley I would've quit by now. She's nasty !! Absolutely hate the selfie thing. Only the "family" season was worse.

DinoInstitute

Just found this thread. Blind date gimmick is weak. If I was paired up with Hayley I would've quit by now. She's nasty !! Absolutely hate the selfie thing. Only the "family" season was worse.
I wouldn't go that far. The gimmick is weak, along with the selfie thing, but it's not that bad. And I think we could end up with an interesting, explosive final half judging from last night's episode. We'll see.
Holy cow! This is still the same season???
What do you mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom