The Amazing Race 25

Nemo14

I didn't care for the ending to this. As much as I like the team that would have been eliminated, I really think it should have been narrowed down to the final 3. JMHO. Still hoping to see Bethany and Adam win this!

DinoInstitute

I didn't care for the ending to this. As much as I like the team that would have been eliminated, I really think it should have been narrowed down to the final 3. JMHO. Still hoping to see Bethany and Adam win this!
That's true, a final three is kind of nice to have just to narrow it down. It's like, "Four teams enter the Philippines, and 2 legs later, four teams leave the Philippines":p At least one more team will be eliminated during the leg, and the finale will definitely be jam-packed. The Surfers are definitely my number 2 choice to win, and I personally think they have a very good chance of pulling it off. Man, how great an addition would that be to Bethany's portfolio...

DinoInstitute

Alright...The Amazing Race 25 (Silver Edition, as Phil says!).

The finale was an ok episode. They were smart to have the four teams because otherwise it might would have started to border boring.

That challenges were kind of the problem. The final shipping yard....that was brutal. It may not have seemed so, but you have to remember that they never rested after leg 11, it was all still going on. Also, the boat challenge probably wore them down. However, beside from that last one, they weren't really that tough. Hard to make up too much ground. The stunt was like Copperfield from last season...Really cool to watch, but hardly a challenge. The Amazing Race needs to work on the right balance for upcoming seasons.

The competition was great. There were a few points when I was on the edge of my seat rooting for Amy and Maya to win (they were my favs:D), as well as the suspense at the end and end challenge. It was pretty close, which is exactly what you want in a final leg.

Amy and Maya seriously got the winner's edit if there is such a thing. Dentists and Wrestlers came off horrible against them. The Surfers were the only other ones that I thought might have been getting it because of their intro and they were nice to the scientists.

And what an underdog victory....The only of the teams left yet to win a leg, and they pulled it out where it counted. I was so happy for them!!!!:D Really a great conclusion to the season IMO, although a lot of people thought that the Dentists should have won because they were dominate all season...I guess.:confused:
An interesting discussion also came up on social media after the finale of The Sweet Scientists vs. The Beekmans as best underdogs. I think Amy and Maya should get the title, because they were up against tougher competition, although some said the Beekmans because they had lower overall leg placement. I actually did the math:

Amy and Maya:
Average leg finishing: 4.5
Average leg finishing compared to racers per leg: .65

Josh and Brent:
Average leg finishing: 4.5
Average leg finishing compared to racers per leg: .69

So, Josh and Brent just barely had a lower percentage. I guess it is basically just a matter of opinion then.

Now, the season as a whole. This is probably in the my top 3 ever, although there are a good amount that I haven't seen. It had a great cast of people who wanted to be there and loved it, and great challenges/race route. It is home to maybe my favorite episode ever(Singapore), although there are a lot of close ones. Great moments and great different drama and storylines. This season is the formula that they should follow when designing future seasons.

Soon, I will go back to look at my cast predictions, but I will end on one last note about the next season trailer: What the heck?! Has the Amazing Race officially merged with the Bachelor?!?! Yah, I'm not a fan of this concept at all. Also, if you are going to have teams meet at the starting line, its all or none. Just IMO. I fear this gimmicky thing will fail and not fly with superfans, but we have seen that TAR is always able to pick itself up after a potential downtime, so here's hoping. But, with that said, I'm not completely writing this one off. There's no way I wont watch it and give it a try, it just might surprise me

DinoInstitute

Now seems like a good time to do so, I suppose! Obviously, after one episode I can't make too many judgments, but this is just based on what was from last episode and their interviews. I will post it in three sections, bottom, middle, or front of the pack as in where they will finish. Also, TAR constantly changes with non-elim legs and different challenges, flights, etc, so I will not be surprised to be completely wrong, but is also why I am placing them in segments

BOTTOM-who will be eliminated soonest

Lisa and Michelle- well, obviously:p

Shelley and Nici- They only finished ok in the last leg, and nothing about them tells me that they have some big skills that are going to do them well. I don't see a huge future in them, probably 1-2 more legs.

Michael and Scott- I really like them, but they seem to be that team that just is there to interest us in the beginning, but really isn't that great overall. I feel as though, from their actions on the first leg, that they will not have what it takes to keep up the endurance. (also, The Office anyone?)

Dennis and Isabelle- They seem to be one of the most prepared, and even skilled, but there is always the dating couple that goes out in the beginning surprisingly. There will come a challenge they just can't do, maybe even get into a fight as well. I think though that they may make it farthest of the other two up here

MIDDLE-who will do ok, and finish in the middle of everyone in the end

Brooke and Robbie- We didn't really get too much screen time for them, but I definitely see them getting into an argument. We may come to not like them, they may seem dominant, but will eventually be gone before we know it.

Amy and Maya- I really like these two, I do. They are there for fun. However, I think there will come a point where they simply will not have what it takes to beat out the few people in front of them, and they will deliver one of those emotional eliminations.

Tim and Te Jay- They came off strong, and I partially regret putting them here. However, this may not last long, and they may get into conflicts with others even, too, although I'm not sure. My guess though is that they will be u-turned and be eliminated then.

TOP FINISHERS-the teams that will go farthest

Kym and Alli- I don't really like them....much at all. But, they are strong team it seems, as cyclists able to have endurance, best friends have that connection that leads to good team work, and probably wont be afraid of being a bother to other teams.

Misti and Jim- Hmmm...not a fan of these guys either:p Very intimidating, but I again have to give props to this team because they were smart in how they handled situations in this past leg, good at problem solving and other challenges, and are just cockey enough to win. Also, the save thing couldn't hurt them;)

Keith and Whitney- Well, there always has to be the boring dating couple in the end;) I'm kind of kidding, but they seem to be. They will likely be a team that every other leg is either just barely surviving, or miraculously getting 1st or 2nd.

Adam and Bethany
- I guess I like them, they are nice. They are strong, too, and I do not at all see the arm thing being a disadvantage. They have the spirit, and what a story this would be for her biography!

Alright, so we have some pretty good teams, and I still have no idea who will end up winning, but gun to my head? Kym and Alli take the money.
Its always fun to go back and look at my initial thoughts and predictions about the cast. 2/3 teams I predicted as the bottom I was right on, which I feel good about:p:D Shelly and Nici might have been the team that surprised me the most...they did slightly better than expected, and were very drama-initiating.

As for the middle people, I was wrong about the Wrestlers and the Scientists, and I'm glad they stayed. And I think they fulfilled a great spot as final four teams.

My chosen winners, Kym and Alli, surprised me kind of with 5th place, but I guess that's not too bad. They were also pretty likable to us, but like I thought disliked by others. Misti and Jim and Adam and Bethany were another set of two great teams that just had a certain finals vibe. Lastly, #TeamWeith :p They were actually in no way boring, surprisingly. And did a lot worse than I thought. Probably the worst read I got on someone.

All in all, still a great cast. Now, I will do what I did with Survivor and have my potential All*Stars and most forgotten lists.

Possible All*Stars (Ordered in likelihood):
-Adam and Bethany, mostly because the show likes having them on for cross-promotional synergy, but also a very good team to root for. Entertaining.
-Kym and Alli, they were overall very well liked by viewers and very strong. They remind of me Team Cute!(Joey and Meghan- the best team the show has ever had:p:D)
-Jim and Misti are no-brainers, the most obvious choice for a dominate cocky team, really a unique character arch!
-Brooke and Robbie as villains maybe, but I doubt they would come back...They are no longer a couple (Did anyone else even know they were dating?:confused::p)
-Shelly and Nici are a dramatic duo and had an unfortunate exit from the ame. I wouldn't mind seeing them return
-Tim and Te Jay and #TeamWeith(Keith and Whitney)....just maybe, and the latter for drama purposes only
-Amy and Maya I would love to put higher and deserve higher, but I put them here because they are very unlikely to bring back a winning pair.

Most likely to be forgotten:
-Lisa and Michele, aka the founding members of pen-gate
-Tim and Te Jay, they really did not have that much of an impact on the viewers or the race
-Michael and Scott, I liked them but unfortunately left too soon
-#TeamWeith (Keith and Whitney)- another dramatic team, any maybe with potential to come back, but unlikely
-Denis and Isabel....I really don't think we saw enough of them at all to say anything about them

GenerationX

I was happy with the winners, particularly Maya, who expressed her love for the Amazing Race leg after leg. Always good when a real fan wins the race.

I was disappointed with Bethany for her non-reaction to the guy (who had just helped them) who recognized her and said his daughter was a big fan. She wasn't very gracious. By the end, her slow talking was driving me crazy, too.

Nonetheless, this was a very entertaining season.

Next season is a stunt season. It may work, it may be like the family edition (one and done). I'll still watch, no doubt. If the show really wants conflict, they would take potentially compatible couples and make sure they are not teamed together.

DinoInstitute

I was happy with the winners, particularly Maya, who expressed her love for the Amazing Race leg after leg. Always good when a real fan wins the race.

I was disappointed with Bethany for her non-reaction to the guy (who had just helped them) who recognized her and said his daughter was a big fan. She wasn't very gracious. By the end, her slow talking was driving me crazy, too.

Next season is a stunt season. It may work, it may be like the family edition (one and done). I'll still watch, no doubt. If the show really wants conflict, they would take potentially compatible couples and make sure they are not teamed together.
I don't know, I thought Bethany was ok.
I know in seasons past you really shouldn't talk to people in the U.S. especially about what you are doing to stop spoilers, but this season they did announce the cast when filming started(you could have gone to the start line in New York). I bet that rule is still in place though.

artvandelay

The sing-songyness of Bethany's voice was starting to get to me too. I thought the season was ok. Too many non elimination legs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom