The Alexan at Legacy Dunes is going condo

WDWlife

slappy magoo said:
Why yes, registering on a forum to sell your stuff IS a whole lot cheaper than buying a classified ad or hiring a broker! YOu may be the first person to ever figure that out! Congratulations! Horray for you! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I disagree. He is providing a service and an answer in a place where there was a question and not being obnoxious about it. This is a forum afterall. :wave:

mom2of2

I agree that it's the wrong place for it...or at least the wrong thread anyway. This is about the Alexan going condo.....not "Do you need a place to live?"

slappy magoo

WDWlife said:
I disagree. He is providing a service and an answer in a place where there was a question and not being obnoxious about it. This is a forum afterall. :wave:

Yeah, it's a forum for talking about Disney, not hawking our own wares. This person registered on a forum just to try to sell you something, which is insulting to the people who actually work hard to maintain this site and make it a place many people visit frequently. To me it's just as crass and tasteless as someone putting a giant "Work from home, ask me how!" sticker on top of a billboard ad someone else paid good money to rent. It's hucksters crashing a private party to network and hand out business cards. It's the creep who calls a radio station to "give a shout out" (ugh) to all their boys at (fill in place of business here), because you know they just wanted 5 seconds of free ad time on the station. You want to sell something? Pay for ad space, don't piggy back on someone else's hard work, or at least ask them for permission to do so. And I feel the same way about newcomer "bjprice." At least post on the forums for a while, and try to build a rapport with us before going to your sales pitch. And if you DO wind up selling anything because of your free ad here, I hope you'd have the good taste and decency to give the keepers of this site a piece of the action. After all, you did use them without compensation.

LisaHahn

I was just trying to help. There were a couple of people in this thread asking where they were going to live now that Legacy Dunes is going condo. I was just trying to offer a solution. I do not need to sell anything on this forum, I make very good money renting my condos to vacationers. I am a Disney fanatic and feel sorry for the overworked cast members that never get appreciated. If I can help someone by providing a safe place to live then it is very satisfying for me. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Again, I was just trying to offer a solution to a problem.

bobnorma

What a dump

These places look great from a distance, and once they went condo they really took a nose dive.
From the minute we moved in we were sorry, the first night someone stole my license plate off my car, I asked the cop who took the report about the place and he told me "I WOULD NEVER LIVE HERE", great thing to find out, within a week the people below us moved out and someone else moved in, the smell from the apartment below was so bad that we could not go out onto the porch, after a few weeks the smell had penetrated the floor in the closets and the bathrooms, we complained to the office and they said there was nothing they could do, turns out it was whatever they were cooking, night day, morning, the same stench, it was so greasy that it actually caught fire and the fire department had to respond.

In addition the garbage constantly piles up outside the compactor left for days, rats, snakes and other rodents run amuck.

HOWEVER you can tell when the tour buses are coming through because that the only time they clean the dump.

Last but NOT least is the basketball court....the music permeates the walls, the fights, the police, what a dump!!!

I'm glad our lease is up and we are leaving.

angela-luvs-fl

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I read all this because I have just purchased a condo at Legacy Dunes. We were told that they are turning into a condo/hotel. We signed the contract in June 2006 and just closed in December 2006. I just found out - after we closed - that there will be some people still renting, long term, and some are people who rented but purchased and are still living there long term, and then there are going to be the vacationers too. I think it will be weird, but at least for the people renting long term, the place will be cleaned up really nice, due to the "vacation resort" they are trying to turn it into. I was also told there will be a resteraunt going in there too. I hope you all have found places to rent after this went down. I know our unit just resigned their rental lease until December 2007, before we closed. I might even let them stay another year, because it is better guaranteed rent, then the could be vacation renter. According to the current Management company, there are quite a few new owners who opted to stay with the long term renter, instead of the short term vacation renter. If anyone has questions, I probably know more info, since I am a new owner. Take care!

mom2of2

no, actually I wasn't there quite a year when they decided to go condo. My 1st floor, lake view, 2 bedroom, 2 bath was going for an outrageous amount of money. I took the early option out of my lease since I wasn't going to hang around and wait for someone to buy my home since I obviously wasn't going to pay that. They are apartments after all and I certainly was not going to buy something where I could literally hear my upstairs neighbor fart in his bathroom. But hey....to each their own

as I said....good luck with your apartment

angela-luvs-fl

I would not buy an apartment to live there either. Like I said, we purchased this because they were going to be turned into a condo/hotel and they are expected to rent out fairly well......that is what they toldus anyway. I am glad I have a year with our current renter, we are in this for the long haul, to hopefully go up in value and make money selling it to someone else who wants to invest. We live in Illinois, but love Florida, so this was an opportunity for us to get into Florida. I hope you found a better place to live. I know when I rented an apartment 7 years ago, I felt that same way about how you can hear EVERYTHING my upstairs neighbors did. It was nice chatting with you. Take care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom