Pre-Trip The 7 Dwarfs are going back to WDW!

Hi! This I my first attempt at trip reporting, so please bear with me. I thought I’d start with a Pre-Trip Report and, depending on how it all goes, follow up with a Trip Report after our return home.

The 7 Dwarfs reference goes back to 2015 when the same cast of characters hit WDW for my son’s first ever trip at age 2 and my parents’ first trip back since 1989. We all had t-shirts with a different Dwarf that pretty much fit our personality (although, in my mother-in-law’s case, it was more of a funny than an accurate fit) and wore them on the day we attended MNSSHP.

Here’s everyone you need to know:

Me (the over-stressed trip planner who will try to not focus on making every detail perfect and actually enjoy every minute)
My husband = B (his first visit was our Disneymoon and he’s been hooked ever since)
My son = G (amazingly he recounts his first trip at age-2 with vivid detail…WEIRD!)
My in-laws = C&P (we are blessed that they very generously let us in on their Vacation Club stays)
My parents = A&T (not huge WDW fans, but always jumping at the opportunity to vacation with G)

The original plan was for the first five (B, G, me and C&P) to fly in on a Friday and fly out the next Saturday, while A&T (staying at PORiverside) would fly in on Saturday and out the next Saturday. DVC home resort is Saratoga, but we really wanted a 2-bedroom villa at AKLodge or Wilderness Lodge for the five of us. B and I have always done the Park Hopper passes, but I missed seeing the advance warning on the price changes (mainly because we weren’t looking to buy our passes that early in the year) so B, G and I will be sticking to a one-park-per-day plan while everyone else has the Park Hopper option (C&P actually have APs going back to their December 2016 trip).

Well, given that Southwest seems to have increased their rates since our 2015 trip, we had to make some adjustments. The first five will be flying in on Friday as planned, but flying out late the next Friday…any we’re flying JetBlue for the first time. Not the end of the world, given that if we flew out on Saturday it was going to be an earlier flight so we wouldn’t have had any park time that day anyway.

Next up will be a quick summary of the itinerary…

wdwfamilynh

Original Poster
This is the plan as of now (but given that we have made adjustments to the plan for park passes and the overall trip stay, this remains subject to change…but I hope it DOES NOT):

Friday – Early flight into MCO…no definite plans for the day (pool time? resort hopping?)…3:50 p.m. ADR for a party of 5 at Via Napoli…early evening

Saturday – Animal Kingdom…C&P will be meeting A&T for a 7:15 p.m. ADR at Tutto Italia while B, G and I have a quite dinner cooked in our villa

Sunday – Magic Kingdom…7 p.m. ADR for a party of 7 at The Wave

Monday – Epcot…5:40 ADR for B, G and me at Coral Reef (we’re trying to set a family tradition)…6:50 p.m. ADR for C&P at Coral Reef…7 p.m. ADR for A&T at Flying Fish…maybe B and I will get some grown-up time at F&W Festival

Tuesday – Hollywood Studios (or what’s left of it right now)…likely a few hours at the park and the rest of the day at the pool or resort hopping…5:45 p.m. ADR for G and the grandparents (oh, how spoiled he will be) at 50’s PT Café…7:15 p.m. ADR for B and I (DATE NIGHT!!!) at Artist Point

Wednesday – Magic Kingdom…6:45 p.m. ADR for a party of 7 at Tony’s (ever since our Disneymoon when B rolled a meatball across the table to me with his nose, this is a “must do” for every trip)…first time viewing Happily Ever After (and I will probably cry not being able to see Wishes anymore)

Thursday – Animal Kingdom…4 p.m. ADR for a party of 7 at Rainforest Café…hoping to get FP for ROL

Friday – Magic Kingdom…late flight out for B,G, me and C&P…6:15 p.m. ADR for A&T at Biergarten

Saturday – early flight out for A&T

I would love to hear your thoughts on what we’ve got planned!

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi
The planning looks good so far.
You might want to try to get to the park on the first day and then turn Tuesday morning into a sleep in day to rest up for the remainder of the trip.

Following along

Max

wdwfamilynh

Original Poster
Hi
The planning looks good so far.
You might want to try to get to the park on the first day and then turn Tuesday morning into a sleep in day to rest up for the remainder of the trip.

Following along

Max

Thanks, Max! Glad to have your input and to have you follow along.

We'll have to see if we can brace the F&W crowds at Epcot on the first day. I have wanted an ADR at Via Napoli for three trips now, so that restricts us to Epcot not having the option to park hop.

I love the idea of sleeping in on Tuesday, but B is so programmed to get up at 4 :confused: for work, he can't seem to sleep past 5 when he's not working :banghead:. I think I will have to lobby hard for some downtime!

Will post the plan for FPs as soon as I have a chance. TTFN.

*Flynnderella*

Looking forward to following along!! :)
FYI- you won't be crying at not seeing Wishes...you'll be crying at HOW GOOD HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::p:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom