The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

Meanwhile, 100 yards to the south, Disney California Adventure also gets into the 60th in its own way. http://micechat.com/103083-disneyland-diamond-celebration-2/

The classic Disneyland "D" appears over the park entrance turnstiles. Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss, the disgraced parents of the original DCA, would be mortified. But for DCA 2.0, it works.
DSC_2352-L.jpg

Buena Vista Street gets the bunting treatment too, in place of the regular patriotic bunting that goes up on Memorial Day Weekend for the summer.
DSC_3155-L.jpg

The classic "D" shows up in surprising places, like on these pediments of the Glendale-Hyperion monorail bridge over Buena Vista Street. Classy touch!
DSC_3112-L.jpg

Carthay Circle Restaurant is the focal point, and it looks great.
DSC_2446-L.jpg

DSC_2582-L.jpg

Not shown in these photos is a new lighting treatment for Carthay Circle; there are now sparkle lights in the trees (like Disneyland's Central Plaza) and a movie searchlight effect on the Carthay tower. It really adds drama and festivity at night.

The performers on Buena Vista Street, the musicians and the actors, really do a wonderful job. And everyone seems to be sparkling extra bright now for the 60th. It's infectious.
DSC_2813-L.jpg

DSC_2999-L.jpg

DSC_3036-L.jpg

It's that exact type of youthful vitality that I hope they can bring to the re-Imagineered version of the Disneyland Band coming later this summer. Get a spring in their step and optimism in their spirit! If the new Disneyland Band members are half as engaging as the young performers on Buena Vista Street, it will be a big improvement for Disneyland. Here's to the future of the Diamond Celebration!

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The Ds with the diamond really look like something cooked up by an executive. Most of the diamond additions just seem like something dropped on top of an existing design the way they just sit on top of elements.

phillip sugarman

A construction crane is being used today behind cars land. Do you think they already started marvel land or do u think it is for Luigis flying tires?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77

Suspirian

Where is it?

at the beginning of the ride when the elevator door closes and the elevator backs up, as well as the end when the elevator returns. It's a purplish spiral projection similar to the one from the opening sequence of the show. I'll try to find a picture

Ztonyg

at the beginning of the ride when the elevator door closes and the elevator backs up, as well as the end when the elevator returns. It's a purplish spiral projection similar to the one from the opening sequence of the show. I'll try to find a picture

I don't think I remember seeing that, and I was at the TOT last Wednesday. It must be new.

Nland316

Does anyone know if/when the Town Square trees will be coming back? I was there on Sunday and there was absolutely no evidence of anything really temporary. Very small trees were in those planters. I heard they were supposed to come back, but so far nothing.

RMichael21

Does anyone know if/when the Town Square trees will be coming back? I was there on Sunday and there was absolutely no evidence of anything really temporary. Very small trees were in those planters. I heard they were supposed to come back, but so far nothing.
I doubt that they'll be coming back in the near future considering the reason that they were taken away was for better viewing of the fireworks and Main Street building projections. At least, that's what I'm pretty sure the reason is. :p

GiveMeTheMusic

I doubt that they'll be coming back in the near future considering the reason that they were taken away was for better viewing of the fireworks and Main Street building projections. At least, that's what I'm pretty sure the reason is. :p

I don't buy that. No one watches the fireworks from Town Square - the buildings block the view unless you're on the train station.

Managers told people the removal was for Kelly & Michael, so hopefully that's true and they'll be back soon.

RMichael21

I don't buy that. No one watches the fireworks from Town Square - the buildings block the view unless you're on the train station.

Managers told people the removal was for Kelly & Michael, so hopefully that's true and they'll be back soon.
Oh please, I hope I'm wrong. I just feel like I read that information some where. :p;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom