The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Arriving to work to and see two Disneyland 60th billboards, right outside the entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood, of course.

WP_20150523_13_48_48_Pro.jpg

Figments Friend

So what's the situation with the Chamber of Destiny and rolling boulder effects?
Does anyone know if they are they working now?

I believe raven24 here rode 'IJA' recently and noted all effects were working for her ride through.
The revolving door effect has now been replaced with a projection effect.

There was talk of a possible 'enhancement' effect being added to the 'Boulder Room'...that it was being tinkered with before the recent re-opening , but to date i have heard no more info about it.

TP2000

I like the upgrade to the Matterhorn quite a bit with two exceptions: the roar and the Disneyland logo on the sled. If they put back the original roar and got rid of the logo, I would have no problems with it. The new AA is stunning.

What's wrong with the Disneyland logo? They've always had the logo there, and in fact the current sleds have the smallest logo thus far. It's raised up a bit though, so I think it looks nicer than when it was just a decal.

The logo has been in use since 1959, and used to even be sewed onto the CM uniforms.
KTPBKYC_3_64_N06R_d2.jpg

Bobsled with logo circa mid 1970's
eticket_matterhorn1974ww.jpg

In 1978, they installed new tandem bobsleds. But the logo returned to each nose of the front sled.

Here's the logo circa 2010. Still a decal though.
top-20-disneyland-rides-and-attractions1020273372-jan-2-2014-1-600x400.jpg

And the current bobsleds, with the smaller logo. The logo is no longer a decal, but a raised shield with texture.
rbt425302large.jpg

brb1006

I hope another special thing Disneyland can do for it's 60th Anniversary. Is to make some rare characters become common. Such as Clarice from "Two Chips And A Miss" who showed up for Disneyland's 58th Anniversary and was seen at "Disneyland Celebrate: A Street Party Parade" years ago. Marie could also become common in Disneyland since she was only found at the "Dancing With Disney" event at DCA years ago. And the Scat Cats we're the only Aristocats character that we're at Disneyland back in the 1970's and 1980's.

brb1006

I wonder if they might bring back "Dancin With Disney" once the Frozen dance party finally ends in the future. Because it's the best time to see rare character at Disneyland.

GiveMeTheMusic

I wonder if they might bring back "Dancin With Disney" once the Frozen dance party finally ends in the future. Because it's the best time to see rare character at Disneyland.

The Frozen promotion has concluded. Dancin with Disney is not returning. Stage 17 has returned to being a special events space and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

brb1006

The Frozen promotion has concluded. Dancin with Disney is not returning. Stage 17 has returned to being a special events space and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
Aww, does this mean we can no longer find rare characters (Such as Marie from The Aristocats, and Clarice from "Two Chips And A Miss") that easy anymore?

phillip sugarman

According to Adventures by Daddy, they spoke with the imagineer on the Peter Pan upgrade project and they said there will be changes throughout the ride to make it a more immersive experience. The changes include:
  • New Nursery Scene – Formerly the kids have always just watched as you went by. Now they will actively participate in the adventure with you.
  • Tinker Bell will appear in more places throughout the ride.
  • London has been enhanced with more physical effects and animation effects.
  • Neverland has also been enhanced with more physical effects.
  • Stereophonic sound has been added to the entire attraction.
  • Ride vehicles are quieter.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this is what they are adding to the attraction? Should they be adding more to the ride?
DETAILS REVEALED: Peter Pan’s Flight Upgrade at Disneyland

FigmentForver96

According to Adventures by Daddy, they spoke with the imagineer on the Peter Pan upgrade project and they said there will be changes throughout the ride to make it a more immersive experience. The changes include:
  • New Nursery Scene – Formerly the kids have always just watched as you went by. Now they will actively participate in the adventure with you.
  • Tinker Bell will appear in more places throughout the ride.
  • London has been enhanced with more physical effects and animation effects.
  • Neverland has also been enhanced with more physical effects.
  • Stereophonic sound has been added to the entire attraction.
  • Ride vehicles are quieter.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this is what they are adding to the attraction? Should they be adding more to the ride?
DETAILS REVEALED: Peter Pan’s Flight Upgrade at Disneyland
This sounds within the realm of possibility. When they say "actively participate" I imagine there are new AA's being involved. Those old AA's aren't participating in nothing.

TP2000

Well, the 60th is now off and running. I went on Sunday and took a walk, and I have to say that both parks really look spectacular. The Resort looks fresh and sparkling, and the 60th décor package laid over it is really very impressive.

A few photos from this week's Dateline Disneyland. http://micechat.com/103083-disneyland-diamond-celebration-2/

Hard to see here, but the Floral Mickey has a big diamond in the middle of his bowtie.
ARH_7026-L.jpg

The bunting and banners that are up use the same color scheme as Disneyland's official flag. The flag has flown over the Train Station and some attractions like the Mark Twain since the 1950's. You can see the flag on the furthest peak of the train station in this photo. Clever touch!
ARH_7048-L.jpg

The whole park just really dazzles for this celebration.
ARH_7155-L.jpg

ARH_7253-L.jpg

ARH_7077-L.jpg

Many of us were concerned when the Castle transformation began, what with all that sparkly blue arts n' crafts stuff. But the end result is nothing short of spectacular. Pictures don't do it justice, and it really looks lavish and swanky in person. Bravo to the designers here! (And for realizing those diamond turret things weren't working out and scrapping them very quickly.)
ARH_7372-L.jpg

I'm sure Walt would be touched to know how well his park is cared for today, and how beloved it is by 21st century Americans. He probably couldn't have predicted 60 years ago how well it would all turn out.
ARH_7299-L.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom