The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

phillip sugarman

Some of the items on the list looks like the next Disneyland resort new attractions for the next five years. The only thing missing on it is a possible Frozen dark ride.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thought this was interesting but Disneyland is handing out surveys that have possible future attractions on them.

That is not from a Disney survey, it was from a general tourism survey given by someone outside of the company. Disney would NEVER admit to projects in development like that, especially unannounced ones, in a survey so directly.

phillip sugarman

Not yet, after the Frozen ride is done in Epcot, they will see how successful it is and possibly duplicate it to Disneyland. They did it with Ariel's Undersea Adventure except it opened in California Adventure and than in the Magic Kingdom.

phillip sugarman

That is not from a Disney survey, it was from a general tourism survey given by someone outside of the company. Disney would NEVER admit to projects in development like that, especially unannounced ones, in a survey so directly.
Disneyland President Michael Colglazier is on the California Travel and Tourism Commission. So you never know they might have wanted to get some feedback on the list.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland President Michael Colglazier is on the California Travel and Tourism Commission. So you never know they might have wanted to get some feedback on the list.

Yeah...no. At best this was put together by someone who casually glanced over Screamscape. The attraction/land names aren't final, let alone announced, and "Star Wars Land" won't be open til 2019 (the survey says 2016). There's no Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. And what the hell is Willie's Water Rescue?

TDA/Colglazier had nothing to do with this.

TP2000

Yeah...no. At best this was put together by someone who casually glanced over Screamscape. The attraction/land names aren't final, let alone announced, and "Star Wars Land" won't be open til 2019 (the survey says 2016). There's no Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. And what the hell is Willie's Water Rescue?

TDA/Colglazier had nothing to do with this.

Thanks. I knew something was fishy about that the moment I saw it. Like most silly nonsense, it falls apart quickly once you spend a few moments investigating.

That said, I'm casting my vote for Willie's Water Rescue. :D

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks. I knew something was fishy about that the moment I saw it. Like most silly nonsense, it falls apart quickly once you spend a few moments investigating.

That said, I'm casting my vote for Willie's Water Rescue. :D

willie_the_giant_by_movieword-d3551p3.png

orlando678-

A Frozen ride for dlr would be great but not the same one as has. Also i think this is unlikely as the frozen ride in wdw is an overlay while there is no maelstrom in dlr. There are rumors of a frozen matterhorn, though i am not really convinced that this will happen.

GiveMeTheMusic

I think Frozen is a reasonably strong bet for DLR, possibly in the motor boat lagoon area. The attraction would have to be unique to DLR though, and along the lines of what is being built at Tokyo DisneySea - no way that Frozenstrom from Epcot is going to be duplicated elsewhere.

Travel Junkie

IF a Frozen ride comes to DLR it will likely have more in common with what goes into Tokyo than WDW.

I’m probably in the minority among locals and thematic purists, but in regards to Soarin I say bring on Horizon version. The CA version was nice, but I’m ready to see new places.

orlando678-

I also like the horizon upgrade but just for epcot. Sure there is time for new places. But i guess just for DCA should keep it with California. Maybe they could find new placed to film for DCA soarin but not around the globe.

Mike S

I think Frozen is a reasonably strong bet for DLR, possibly in the motor boat lagoon area. The attraction would have to be unique to DLR though, and along the lines of what is being built at Tokyo DisneySea - no way that Frozenstrom from Epcot is going to be duplicated elsewhere.
If they give DL a ride comparable to Tokyo I really don't know what I would do. Besides going to DL, of course.

gsrjedi

In the 60th merch video I want to see the front of the shirt that has the attraction opening dates. Also it's missing some attractions.

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but I'd love to see Soarin' have a more random nature to it. Make 6 videos; California-ends at DLR, USA-ends at WDW, France/Europe-ends at DLP, Japan-ends at TDL, China/Asia-end at HKDL & Shanghai eventually. It might be impossible to coordinate with the smells and would probably need one video a day to have time to swap stuff out. I love Soarin' and the way it shows off California, and since I first rode it, I have wanted to experience the rest of the world in that same manner.

mickEblu

I recently took a survey sent from DLR and they were asking a ton of FROZEN related questions. One was something along the lines of 'do you want more Frozen at Disneyland?' Being that Betwen both parks you have 2 meet n greets, tons of merchandise, a sing a long show , olafs snow fest , Anna n Elsa in the pre parade etc ... What could 'more Frozen' mean if not an attraction.? I think one is strongly being considered for DLR and most likely happening.

GiveMeTheMusic

I recently took a survey sent from DLR and they were asking a ton of FROZEN related questions. One was something along the lines of 'do you want more Frozen at Disneyland?' Being that Betwen both parks you have 2 meet n greets, tons of merchandise, a sing a long show , olafs snow fest , Anna n Elsa in the pre parade etc ... What could 'more Frozen' mean if not an attraction.? I think one is strongly being considered for DLR and most likely happening.

I don't have any inside info or anything, but it seems like an inevitability. Frozen 2 is coming and this thing isn't dying anytime soon. For a whole generation of children, Frozen will be what Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast and Lion King were to that generation. It deserves a well thought out and amazing ride at DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom