The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

180º

I wouldn't even mind if Haunted Mansion were to close from August to January to get a proper, faithful restoration and refurbishment. My least favorite part of HMH is how horrible it is for the attraction's condition.

George Lucas on a Bench

They can base it on the Goosebumps ripoff Galaxy of Fear books.

51SZSV05HPL._SL500_.jpg

Oh, wait. Those aren't canon anymore.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Stevek

They can base it on the Goosebumps ripoff Galaxy of Fear books.

51SZSV05HPL._SL500_.jpg

Oh, wait. Those aren't canon anymore.
Sadly, I read every one of those book...along with every other SW novel ever published. The SW universe became an absolute mess after a couple hundred books, re-booting was the best thing they could do. But that's a whole other messy topic.

VJ

I hope World of Color 2010 will be receiving updates, since I doubt a brand-new show is being planned. Seems kinda unnecessary to go back to the 2014/2015 show.

Kiwiduck

For those just joining us, Disneyland Forever and WOC-C will end with the diamond celebration in September. Paint the Night will go seasonal and run at Christmas, spring break and summer only.
Thanks for the update. Do you know if paint the night will be running in early December or does Christmas just mean Christmas week?

Kiwiduck

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Paint the Night will be running when I get to go back in December. Still, I don't understand why there wouldn't be a parade and fireworks every day, all year at Disneyland. I just got back from Hong Kong Disneyland which seemed like it had 8 people in the park at any one time, and even they have parade and fireworks every night.

GiveMeTheMusic

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Paint the Night will be running when I get to go back in December. Still, I don't understand why there wouldn't be a parade and fireworks every day, all year at Disneyland. I just got back from Hong Kong Disneyland which seemed like it had 8 people in the park at any one time, and even they have parade and fireworks every night.

In non-celebration years, DL runs their day parade daily, with fireworks and Fantasmic on weekends only, except in peak times like summer, spring break and the Christmas season. WOC runs nightly year round as well. PTN is taking the old MSEP schedule, which was seasonal as well. CA clean air regulations prohibit nightly fireworks at DL every year - they save up credits to use during celebrations like this one.

Also, isn't HKDL beautiful and charming? I could ride Mystic Manor all day every day, and almost did since there was never a line!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom