Trip Report COMPLETED: The “Let’s see if this dumb thing works” Treat Yo Self Christmas trip report!

All the PTR funtivities can be had here, including who we are,:
The Treat Yo Self Christmas pre-trip report

Friday the 18th 11ish o’clock
The DW and I decide to ditch work a little early and check the DD out of school early today to make sure we have plenty of time for our Star Wars showing in McDonough at 3:40. So we check the DD out and make our way for some to-go lunch. A relatively short pit at Zaxsby’s and we’re finally on the road and soon cruising down GA400 towards McDonough. Our last few trips through the ATL on the way to The Bubble have been nightmares which is why we left a little early today. Well, surprisingly, today was the exception! We cruised right through town and my worries of being late for the movie became concerns of “what are we going to do when we arrive two hours early?!” Thankfully, I guess, Henry county helped me out by having the worst traffic of the trip…FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Anyway, The delays we faced there offset the great time we made but we still had an hour to kill. This worked to our advantage as the DW forgot her sunglasses at home and we needed a few toiletries for the trip so we popped into Super Target for a bit, made our purchases and enjoyed a SB coffee before making our way to the theater.
20151218_143650.jpg

Finally, it was time!
9c9.jpg

We happened to be in a theater full of some fanatics so there was much cheering and applause throughout the movie. I personally really enjoyed it despite the many similarities it had to New Hope. The movie even brought the DW and DD to tears! I won’t spoil it for anyone as to why. So with The Force Awakens under our belt we made for Tifton, about another two hours. Henry County did its best to squeeze the last bit of traffic tolerance out of us as we left town. Soon we were in Tifton checking in to the Hilton Garden Inn, great place BTW! I was immediately sent on a dinner run to try out Marcos Pizza for some subs. What was supposed to be a 10 minute drive turned into a hobbits tail of which I thought I may never return. Long story short about an hour later I’m back at the hotel with dinner for the ladies tired and ready to eat. After some discussion as to when the ladies want to arrive at the Bubble, as that will dictate when we should leave, we hit the hay with visions of Siths and BB-8s dancing through our heads…ok, my head.

Saturday the 19th 05:30
Up and at’em! Time to get our Disney on!!! We make quick work of getting to the car, hitting Starbucks again for breakfast and make for The Mouse House! A few hours later and we’re crossing the state line most uneventfully and before you know it where on the turnpike! Have I mentioned how much I love the SunPass? Seriously, if you go at least once a year it is worth not having to stop and deal with your coin tossing skills. Soon we had arrived!!
20151219_100158.jpg

The enjoyment was short lived, though, as it was realized the DW only packed one pair of jeans for the trip and she was worried she would need more since the temp outside was high 50’s. We look probably the longest route EVER to Walmart to pick up some emergency jeans for the trip. It was not so refreshing to see that the Walmarts of Orlando are much like the Walmarts of Dahlonega….Anyway, after that detour we were back in The Bubble ready to get our BCV on!
20151219_105006.jpg

It was here where we met Guard Shack Joe from New York! As we approach I’m ready with my MB and ID for him to scan and review. Joe blesses us with what might be the quote of the trip, and on the first day too!

[ThickNewYawkAccent]
Oh, you’ve got your band ready. Stupidest idea Disney ever had. Let’s see if this dumb thing works…
[/ThickNewYawkAccent]

I think Joe is awesome BTW. Wouldn’t ya know that stupid little thing did work! The light went green and we were on our way to self-parking! We grabbed our overnight bags and made for bell services as our room was not quite ready yet.
20151219_110707.jpg

Cape May had not yet ruined the smell of the lobby as it was still early. The beautiful gingerbread display helped too!
20151219_111031.jpg

20151219_111101.jpg

20151219_111117.jpg

So with our bags checked we were off to Epcot by foot to test out the waters for lunch!

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So after a filling dinner we made our way to MK to use up some FPs. This would be our first experience getting scanned this trip, and not our last. Once we got past our “random” screening we were in.
20151221_194450.jpg

We made a quick trip with Buzz before heading over to the teacups. DW wanted to spin fast, DW…not so much.
20151221_201239.jpg

Next was a quick trip with dumbo.
20151221_202420.jpg

20151221_202446.jpg

20151221_202455.jpg

20151221_202621.jpg

Made our way to Pirates then BTM but not before making a stable stop.
20151221_203520.jpg

Then IASM before a snack at Gaston’s which included pop corn, chocolate croissant and hot cocoa, sorry no pics.
20151221_220022.jpg

20151221_220743.jpg

We wrapped up the night with a flight with Peter Pan, my best attempt at a city view shot.
20151221_224137.jpg

Still to come: Freaking out Disney Security, TONS of animal pics, and the DVC Merry Mixer.
freaking out disney security? sounds scary!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Ugh…such a busy week. So…. we left off with things that will get you pulled to the side by Disney Security. Well here it is in all its most terrifying glory:
20151222_075529.jpg

That….is a roll of athletic tape. It was in the same pouch of my bag as this
20151222_091919.jpg

Pretty much it’s a mini makeshift medical kit for wrestling tournaments. I thought bringing it this trip wouldn’t hurt “just in case”. Well it seems on this morning the Disney Security CM was not having any of it. His line of questioning went something like:
What is this?
Why do have it?
Why do you need it?
Why did you bring it?
How do you use it?

The questions, to me, were so obvious that I was stumbling to answer them which Im sure raised further suspicion. He then called over his supervisor who asked me the same set of questions and ultimately “allowed it” but not before me and my bag took a trip through the scanner. Interestingly I had already visited a few parks with this bag and the contents and many more after this visit and not one Disney security CM said anything about it.

So after my shakedown we made for Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl.
20151222_080612.jpg

20151222_082050.jpg

I couldn’t believe she agreed to do this:
20151222_083714.jpg

Or this
20151222_092634.jpg

Some EE views
20151222_085325.jpg

20151222_090134.jpg

20151222_085424.jpg

20151222_085428.jpg

After a couple dances with the disco yeti we made for Pangani
20151222_093539.jpg

20151222_093601.jpg

20151222_093630.jpg

20151222_093649.jpg

20151222_094034.jpg

20151222_094049.jpg

20151222_094117.jpg

20151222_094135.jpg

Still to come: even more animals, Lunch at SSR, and DVC Mixer.

Cesar R M

More animals continued..
20151222_094316.jpg

20151222_094403.jpg

20151222_094428.jpg

20151222_094815.jpg

20151222_094913.jpg

20151222_100647.jpg

20151222_100740.jpg

20151222_100946.jpg

20151222_101004.jpg

20151222_101210.jpg

20151222_101215.jpg

20151222_101406.jpg

20151222_101533.jpg

Next we hopped over to Maharaja
20151222_103715.jpg

20151222_104136.jpg

20151222_104214.jpg

20151222_104222.jpg

20151222_104415.jpg

20151222_104752.jpg

20151222_104759.jpg

Still to come: even more animals, Lunch at SSR, and DVC Mixer.
wow, talk about ridiculous questioning of some tape!
I hope you did mention that you had entered before with no issue.

Also, how the hell is tape dangerous? they think you will tape a wild animal and then steal it by hiding in your clothes? o_O

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I hope you did mention that you had entered before with no issue.
I sure did!
Also, how the hell is tape dangerous? they think you will tape a wild animal and then steal it by hiding in your clothes? o_O
No clue! When he called over his supervisor over he seemed more ok with it and I think gave me the third degree just to be consistent with what the other CM did.

Cesar R M

I sure did!

No clue! When he called over his supervisor over he seemed more ok with it and I think gave me the third degree just to be consistent with what the other CM did.
forgot to mention that I love your pictures. The tiger sleeping is my favorite.
Also, nice shots on top of Everest.
by the way, if you saved the RAW files of your camera, you can make the bottom part less darker and more visible.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I concur with @Cesar R M about the animal pictures, in particular. It can be challenging to get some decent animal photos, because they often hide, or else they start to move, just when you're trying to take the picture. The tiger pictures were amazing, but I also really liked all of the animal pictures. (The hippos looked so peaceful snoozing . . . :joyfull: )

lostpro9het

Original Poster
forgot to mention that I love your pictures. The tiger sleeping is my favorite.
Also, nice shots on top of Everest.
by the way, if you saved the RAW files of your camera, you can make the bottom part less darker and more visible.
Thanks! The tiger was most accommodating this day, usually we are lucky to see a tail sticking out of a bush. I have a lot to learn about picture taking/editing but all these pictures are from my phone which is temperamental at best.

I concur with @Cesar R M about the animal pictures, in particular. It can be challenging to get some decent animal photos, because they often hide, or else they start to move, just when you're trying to take the picture. The tiger pictures were amazing, but I also really liked all of the animal pictures. (The hippos looked so peaceful snoozing . . . :joyfull: )

Thanks! I have a few more to post still. The hippo picture was a real win! I had to zoom in with the phone and typically that means blurry picture but that one came out so clear, I had to pat my Samsung phone on the back for that one.

Cesar R M

Thanks! The tiger was most accommodating this day, usually we are lucky to see a tail sticking out of a bush. I have a lot to learn about picture taking/editing but all these pictures are from my phone which is temperamental at best.

Thanks! I have a few more to post still. The hippo picture was a real win! I had to zoom in with the phone and typically that means blurry picture but that one came out so clear, I had to pat my Samsung phone on the back for that one.
I was actually surprised you took a picture of the Tiger. When I was there.. both times he was hiding and nowhere in sight.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Finishing up Maharaja
20151222_104912.jpg

20151222_104932.jpg

20151222_105012.jpg

20151222_105034.jpg

20151222_105443.jpg

Caught this pretty cool fountain on the way out, not sure how missed this in the past.
20151222_103355.jpg

20151222_103358.jpg

We finished our AK day with one more trip on EE
20151222_110830.jpg

20151222_110851.jpg

So with that we made for the exit thinking we had all the fun we could have until we saw something epic on the way out. Now, I hate that someone had to have a bad day for this story to exist but that’s just life I suppose. So we’re heading towards the exit as we approach a crowd heading our way. I notice a young couple off to the side with a stopped stroller, again off to the side. Well for the most part the crowd had no problem walking around this couple to the side until an elderly couple approached. The gentleman of the pair was walking but his female companion was rolling in her power scooter. The gentlemen easily made his way around the young couple but the his companion got stuck behind the stroller. It seems this just wouldn’t do as she began nudging the stroller with her scooter until she was literally “monster trucking” the stroller’s back wheel with her scooter! The scooter’s front end was up in the air as she drove over the stroller when we all heard a “CRUNCH”. This lady had just destroyed the back wheel of the young couple’s stroller and just kept on rolling like it never happened! Every time I think I’ve seen it all at Disney something new reminds me that anything can happen here!

So after the mini monster truck session we made it to our car and made for Artist's Palette at SSR. The three of us shared the turkey & brie on wheat, Greek salad, and the Italian flatbread sandwich, all were very good.
20151222_120026.jpg

20151222_120029.jpg

20151222_120032.jpg

After lunch we rested for a bit before the Merry Mixer.

Still to come: DVC Merry Mixer, Trattoria al Letdown, and the Osborne lights

Cesar R M

h
Finishing up Maharaja
20151222_104912.jpg

20151222_104932.jpg

20151222_105012.jpg

20151222_105034.jpg

20151222_105443.jpg

Caught this pretty cool fountain on the way out, not sure how missed this in the past.
20151222_103355.jpg

20151222_103358.jpg

We finished our AK day with one more trip on EE
20151222_110830.jpg

20151222_110851.jpg

So with that we made for the exit thinking we had all the fun we could have until we saw something epic on the way out. Now, I hate that someone had to have a bad day for this story to exist but that’s just life I suppose. So we’re heading towards the exit as we approach a crowd heading our way. I notice a young couple off to the side with a stopped stroller, again off to the side. Well for the most part the crowd had no problem walking around this couple to the side until an elderly couple approached. The gentleman of the pair was walking but his female companion was rolling in her power scooter. The gentlemen easily made his way around the young couple but the his companion got stuck behind the stroller. It seems this just wouldn’t do as she began nudging the stroller with her scooter until she was literally “monster trucking” the stroller’s back wheel with her scooter! The scooter’s front end was up in the air as she drove over the stroller when we all heard a “CRUNCH”. This lady had just destroyed the back wheel of the young couple’s stroller and just kept on rolling like it never happened! Every time I think I’ve seen it all at Disney something new reminds me that anything can happen here!

So after the mini monster truck session we made it to our car and made for Artist's Palette at SSR. The three of us shared the turkey & brie on wheat, Greek salad, and the Italian flatbread sandwich, all were very good.
20151222_120026.jpg

20151222_120029.jpg

20151222_120032.jpg

After lunch we rested for a bit before the Merry Mixer.

Still to come: DVC Merry Mixer, Trattoria al Letdown, and the Osborne lights
hah! your comment about the elderly couple with the problem controlling her scooter.. was very similar to what I seen at Coral Reef. It seems they either do not give a darn (because of their age) or they just simply do not notice.
This old man was trying to exit the bathroom,turn around and get towards the restaurant exit.
He keep doing some dumb reverse maneuvers that made no sense (like those people who cant drive to save their lives..) and ended hitting(loosening) a big boulder decoration in one of the walls. He kept ramming and ramming it until a woman on her late 20's came to him with a "what are you doing!.. let me help you!".. the elderly man was having nothing of it and kept trying.. he even entered the WOMAN's BATHROOM as he pushed backwards( with his scooter) the door and some ladies IN the bathroom too.. and then he finally got free to go and went towards the exit.. baffling! :facepalm:

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
WOW, what a crazy week!! I was hoping to have so much more updated by now but haven't been able to do so. Some good news, though, is our photo shoot pictures came in!! The DW says she is very happy with them. I'm still surprised the DD smiled so well and often! When I get a true break I'll post a more substantial update but for now I'll leave you with this gem. As a student of the Derek Zoolander School For Kids That Can't Read Good And Want To Do Other Things Good Too I give you my interpretation of Blue Steel; mothers, hide your daughters....

BlueSteel.png

h

hah! your comment about the elderly couple with the problem controlling her scooter.. was very similar to what I seen at Coral Reef. It seems they either do not give a darn (because of their age) or they just simply do not notice.
This old man was trying to exit the bathroom,turn around and get towards the restaurant exit.
He keep doing some dumb reverse maneuvers that made no sense (like those people who cant drive to save their lives..) and ended hitting(loosening) a big boulder decoration in one of the walls. He kept ramming and ramming it until a woman on her late 20's came to him with a "what are you doing!.. let me help you!".. the elderly man was having nothing of it and kept trying.. he even entered the WOMAN's BATHROOM as he pushed backwards with his scooter the door and some ladies.. and then got free to go to the exit.. baffling! :facepalm:

That's hilarious! I hope to be that awesome too when I achieve Senior Scooter Status..

catmom46

WOW, what a crazy week!! I was hoping to have so much more updated by now but haven't been able to do so. Some good news, though, is our photo shoot pictures came in!! The DW says she is very happy with them. I'm still surprised the DD smiled so well and often! When I get a true break I'll post a more substantial update but for now I'll leave you with this gem. As a student of the Derek Zoolander School For Kids That Can't Read Good And Want To Do Other Things Good Too I give you my interpretation of Blue Steel; mothers, hide your daughters....

View attachment 128367

Please do not ever quit your day job. :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wanted to mention here that the picture of the red bird house, with the birds perched on the sides, was exquisite. I don't recall seeing that before in AK; but then again, there are so many lovely details in that park that it's easy to miss some here and there. Out of all the great pictures you've shared in your TR, that's definitely in the top 3 for me. :)

acrab3t

Enjoying your TR. I was practically drooling over your LB photos of all of the Lightsabers. I got a kick out of seeing Ezra's especially. I can't wait to experience it when we go in November. My DH and I are huge SW nerds.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Wanted to mention here that the picture of the red bird house, with the birds perched on the sides, was exquisite. I don't recall seeing that before in AK; but then again, there are so many lovely details in that park that it's easy to miss some here and there. Out of all the great pictures you've shared in your TR, that's definitely in the top 3 for me. :)

Thanks! I almost omitted it from the series as I wasnt sure anyone would enjoy it.

I can't wait to experience it when we go in November. My DH and I are huge SW nerds.
You should really enjoy it! Plus the new SW themed fireworks at HS is very well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom