Trip Report That time I dislocated my kneecap in WDW...

Hi friends :) I’ll get back to that title in a little bit, I’m much better now but that certainly put an unwelcome twist on the trip. My best friend, trying to make me feel better, said I'm lucky-who gets to experience a hurricane and dislocate their kneecap both in Disney within a few months. She does have a point ;)

But first...a couple months ago, right before I went on my November trip, I was already getting bummed because I didn’t know when I’d be going back (I have problems:oops:…). That same day my cousin texted me saying she had a meeting in Orlando January 14th and asked if I wanted to fly down for the weekend and join her at Disney for a couple days. Well, DUH :D
We didn’t really talk about it much in the next few weeks until we saw each other over thanksgiving. My aunt was on board and I wanted my mom to come too but she said no – it’s too much trouble for her to ask off of work. I was bummed but understand the position she is in so didn’t push it – I also had an idea up my sleeve…
I suggested to my dad that we give my mom this trip for Christmas. I talked to her boss about getting the time off, explaining we wanted to surprise her etc and it was no problem. In the meantime, my cousin tells me that her little ones will be coming along, an even better surprise that once my mom found out about, she wouldn't miss this for anything.
SO I tell my mom the trip isn’t happening – made up an excuse about having mandatory things at work I really can’t get out of so my cousin is just going to the meeting and not spending any time at Disney. A relief for my mom so she didn’t have to worry about work. ;)
Christmas morning comes, my mom unwrapped her magicband and she was SO confused and excited when she figured out all our scheming. We let her unwrap gift certificates for the dining plan (something we never do), photopass, our hotel & flights, then the kids magicbands. Until that moment she thought it was just my aunt, cousin and me. She couldn’t believe it! What was even more exciting is that the trip was less than 3 weeks away!
My cousin didn’t tell the kids until New Years and they were just as excited!

So here we are –

Me
Eliska – 6.5
Julian – 4.5
Michelle- my cousin
Phyl- My Mom/Auntie to the kids :)
Bev – My Aunt/Nonna to the kids

We were in Orlando from Friday January 13th – Tuesday January 17th.
My mom and I stayed Friday night at Port Orleans French Quarter
Michelle & Fam stayed at a nearby hotel where her conference was going on
Saturday we all switched to a Cars Suite at Art of Animation

Hope you'll join along! :)

LisaBelle

So glad you are back! I have been way behind in my trip report reading, but am on spring break this week so I am finally getting caught up!
I love that you all got matching charms. I've been thinking about asking for a Pandora bracelet for Mother's Day. I love looking at all the Disney charms. Ariel's expression when Eliska showed her the Ariel charm was priceless! I am jealous of all your Alex and Ani bracelets!
We always enjoy Tony's and it's great that they have reserved seating for FoF. I may have to take advantage of that whenever our next trip rolls around.
Love the photos of Once Upon a Time. Can't wait to see it some day. As always, I am in awe of your photos of Wishes. So beautiful! It's always one of my favorite parts of any Disney trip. I am so sad that I will never see it again :cry:!!!
I loved Rapunzel's comment about Flynn taking frying pan lessons :hilarious:!

samantha788

Original Poster
enjoying the report. Love the pics!
Thank you for reading!

So glad you are back! I have been way behind in my trip report reading, but am on spring break this week so I am finally getting caught up!
I love that you all got matching charms. I've been thinking about asking for a Pandora bracelet for Mother's Day. I love looking at all the Disney charms. Ariel's expression when Eliska showed her the Ariel charm was priceless! I am jealous of all your Alex and Ani bracelets!
We always enjoy Tony's and it's great that they have reserved seating for FoF. I may have to take advantage of that whenever our next trip rolls around.
Love the photos of Once Upon a Time. Can't wait to see it some day. As always, I am in awe of your photos of Wishes. So beautiful! It's always one of my favorite parts of any Disney trip. I am so sad that I will never see it again :cry:!!!
I loved Rapunzel's comment about Flynn taking frying pan lessons :hilarious:!
The pandora bracelet is nice, I was given mine as a gift and only have a couple of charms, but it's fun to wear around the parks and I love that we all have a matching one now! My alex and ani collection is ridiculous haha:oops:
Thank you for the wishes picture compliment!! There's still time to make it down for a weekend trip ;)

I wish there was a "love" button for all your pictures:inlove::inlove::inlove: They are just gorgeous!
THANK YOU :) this makes me so happy!

Your trip report inspired me to make a reservation for the FoF dining package.
YAY!! I'm so glad. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!! I think you will :)

samantha788

Original Poster
By the time we got off the mine train, the park was closed and we slowly wandered out.

We had been talking about popcorn all day and had never stopped to get some. So while I was taking pics in the hub – practically alone – my mom went over to one of the stands nearby, sure enough they were closed, but my mom couldn’t find me:banghead: The kiss goodnight started and I was recording it on my phone, and when you watch it back its all shaky and side to side as I’m standing there the entire time waving to my mom hahaha. She looked right at me so many times too, it was hilarious.

As we headed out of the park, we had just enough time to make it over to the poly and Tambu Lounge before they closed! FINALLY! :D:D We were the only two at the bar, and in the lobby. Everything was so dead by midnight. We finished our drinks and hopped in an uber back to Art of Animation to call it a night.

samantha788

Original Poster
TUESDAY- JAN 17th
We had an early afternoon flight but my mom and I had one goal for the morning…meet Moana!!

So we hopped up early and headed off to Hollywood Studios right around opening and straight to One Man’s Dream. I had never been in here before and loved it! We were rushing to maximize the short time we had, but I can't wait to go back and explore more.

The Moana area was really well done too and she was the best. She loved that we came just to see her!

After meeting Moana we stopped for some photopass pics on our way over to Tower of Terror:)

I had made us a couple of fastpasses, my mom didn’t want to go, like usual, so I went alone. Better alone than not at all!

We stopped at starring rolls for a cupcake breakfast haha. We had so many snack credits to use up, and what better way than a cupcake?! They ended up just closing this too so I’m glad we got in one last visit. We always love coming here for a snack and sitting outside.

samantha788

Original Poster
This trip was SO much fun. And I don't think i've ever had a trip feel like it went so fast. We were definitely not ready to leave. And the quality time with my cousins was the best. I love those little kids so much! Having this trip together was special.

Still frustrated with my knee, but thankfully it didn't slow us down too much, just beyond annoying!

And I'm so glad I got to share my cruise with you!! I still can't believe that happened, and still scroll through my pictures wishing to be back there.

THANKFULLY I don't have to wait much longer to be back on a Disney Cruise. My friend, Mel (who was on my November trip) and I had been looking for somewhere to go on vacation (not Disney) when we spotted a can't pass up deal on the Disney Magic. We still kept looking elsewhere in the Caribbean as we had been doing, but for days kept randomly bringing the cruise up to each other, so we booked it!
7 nights in the Southern Caribbean leaving NEXT Sunday!:D

We're beyond excited and can't believe we're actually doing this!
We sail in and out of San Juan, so bookended the cruise with nights there so we'll get some time to explore Puerto Rico.
Our ports of call are Barbados, St. Lucia, Martinique, Antigua and St. Kitts!
We booked a few excursions and are probably most excited about the Turtle Sail & Snorkel in Barbados:D:D

As far as Disney World...the moment Wishes ending was announced, my sister called me. This was the morning after I had just watched it with my work friends! In that moment we decided it would be the perfect time for a trip back, especially since it coincides with my sisters birthday:inlove:
A sister trip turned into her boyfriend joining, and two of my friends - Mel and Lindsey (also on my November trip!)

We'll be there May 9th - May 14th.
We don't have many things planned except California Grill for my sisters birthday on May 10th. This is a first for me and I am so excited!!
We'll be watching Wishes every night leading up to the finale and can't wait to see Happily Ever After. So many mixed emotions.

We also have reservations for the new Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel AND Flynn!! And Ariel & Eric!

As always, thank you so much for following along! So much to look forward to:joyfull:

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Great TR
Ones man dream is great

Sounds like you will have another great cruise and the May trip back to the world

Looking forward to more TR's!

Max

Last edited:

LisaBelle

As always I loved your report. One Man's Dream is a real treat. I had never been there until my trip with my sister last year. We spent a decent amount of time there, but I am looking forward to seeing it again the next time we make it to WDW.
Your upcoming cruise sounds amazing. Have a magical time!
So excited you and your sister will be sharing a sister trip to see Wishes one last time :inlove:. My sister's birthday is May 9th :).
Super excited to hear all about the Bon Voyage Breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn. My daughter LOVES Flynn. We are hoping to take a family trip next summer so if you have fun I will keep it in mind for our trip (if it stays around).
Bon Voyage!

samantha788

Original Poster
Great TR
Ones man dream is great

Sounds like you will have another great cruise and the May trip back to the world

Looking forward to more TR's!

Max
Thank you! There will be more :)

Terrific report and photos!
Thank you so much!!

As always I loved your report. One Man's Dream is a real treat. I had never been there until my trip with my sister last year. We spent a decent amount of time there, but I am looking forward to seeing it again the next time we make it to WDW.
Your upcoming cruise sounds amazing. Have a magical time!
So excited you and your sister will be sharing a sister trip to see Wishes one last time :inlove:. My sister's birthday is May 9th :).
Super excited to hear all about the Bon Voyage Breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn. My daughter LOVES Flynn. We are hoping to take a family trip next summer so if you have fun I will keep it in mind for our trip (if it stays around).
Bon Voyage!
Thank you Lisa! Love that our sisters birthdays are a day apart :)
I can't wait for the Bon Voyage breakfast! From what i've read online so far, everyone seems to love it

Thanks Sam!! Great TR (as always)!! It sounds like you've got some pretty exciting trips coming up. I can't wait to hear all about them!!
Thank you! Many more pictures and stories to come from those adventures :)

Where are you staying at before and after your cruise? I'm sailing out of San Juan in January and am trying to get things worked out.
That was probably the hardest thing to decide. The hotels seemed pricey and we weren't loving the options. We almost bit the bullet and booked the Sheraton that's within walking distance of the cruise terminal. But I swear almost every week for the last few months, I would see pictures of another friend in San Juan and most of them did airbnbs for a great location and better prices than the hotels. So that's what we decided on!
I've not done airbnb before so a bit nervous about doing it out of the states for the first time, but there are an overwhelming number of places with excellent reviews. The night before the cruise we're staying in Old San Juan and will be walking distance to everything which we're excited about exploring! The night after the cruise, we're staying at another airbnb near the airport/by the beach.

gdisneyfans

Loved your entire report Sam! Both WDW and the cruise! And so excited for you that you have both a cruise booked and a trip back to WDW! Enjoy them both and of course like everyone else will be anxious to read about your adventures:happy: (watch that knee:joyfull:)

samantha788

Original Poster
Loved your entire report Sam! Both WDW and the cruise! And so excited for you that you have both a cruise booked and a trip back to WDW! Enjoy them both and of course like everyone else will be anxious to read about your adventures:happy: (watch that knee:joyfull:)
Thank you!! I just started skimming through yours and it's getting me even more excited for our trip on the Magic!
Definitely going to watch the knee, as long as I don't do anything crazy - like sliding into a booth- I think i'll be okay haha ;):banghead::rolleyes:

blreinsel

Holy pixie dust! I've missed so much!!!! :eek:

A great end to your report... Too many things to remember to comment on. But I do love One Man's Dream.. it's so interesting!

Apparently you're on another cruise RIGHT NOW. No wonder you've been quiet other than posting the weather on Snapchat. :rolleyes: I hope you're having so much fun and I can't wait to read all about it!!!!!

A farewell Wishes trip!? I'm so jealous but so happy that you'll get to see it again. Also I know that I can count on you for amazing pictures and videos so it makes my sadness just a little bit less. :p I'm so excited that you get to try Cali Grill, too! It's one that I'm most looking forward to on my trip!

I'm smiling from ear to ear for everything that is happening for you right now! :D And also smiling for myself because I'll have fantastic reports to read.. Complete with Beauty and the Beast pictures. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom