Pre-Trip Thanks, Delta! Now We're Staying At the POLY!!!

Oh. Em. Gee.

I definitely did not expect this. The BF and I planned a trip to Universal Studios this September to see what all the fuss was about. We're Univergins, and though we love WDW, we wanted to take a teensy break from the magic. So we were booked September 8-11 at Cabana Bay, with one ADR at Jiko that we'd take an Uber over for. I mean, I can't go to Orlando and not see my giraffes.

Well, our early flight we booked on Delta suddenly became a flight that landed at noon. Uh...no. We booked an early flight because we wanted to get in early, kittens. Hitting Universal at 2pm on our first day seemed like kind of a waste. Then yesterday I got the Disney Visa offer of 35% off the new Poly villas. I called Delta to see if they'd put us on the early flight the previous day for no charge. Yes, they would. Perfect! Called Disney to use the promo, and now we're landing on Labor Day, heading to the Magic Kingdom, and staying in a brand-new Poly studio.

Suddenly we're a week away from our 60-day FP window. I gotta say, the only thing better than a WDW vacation is a spur-of-the-moment WDW vacation, even if only for one day.

Someone pinch me! OW! Okay, I guess I'm not dreaming. Geez. That's gonna leave a mark.

UnhealthilyObsessed

Original Poster
Some sweet, sweet updates!

Did online check-in for our Poly stay. We chose to have a room ready early as a priority over our other preferences, which were upper floor and near elevator. Weird that "free upgrade to bungalow" was not one of the options... :arghh: Oh, well. :cool:

Picked our FP+ for our sole WDW day *sniff* at MK: Splash at 12:45, Peter Pan's Flight at 1:55, and Mine Train at 2:55. Hopefully we'll get to grab at least two more after that so we can experience the entire mountain range with minimal wait. During the mid-afternoon slog, we're planning on doing an indoor show tour (Carousel of Progress, Enchanted Tales, Hall of Presidents, Tiki Birds, Country Bear Jamboree) before heading back to the Poly for a pre-dinner swim. Also I will probably try the pot roast mac & cheese at some point because I'm a disgusting, unrepentant monster.

ADRs for The Plaza at 6:25pm (never been and have been meaning to try it), Kona the next morning for some coffee and Tonga Toast, baby! And we're hanging on to that Jiko ADR during our Universal stay because it would be nice to have a fancy dinner (and there is seemingly a fat chance of that happening on Universal property) and hopefully worth the Uber.

Glad the Unofficial Guide to Universal Studios Orlando is coming out in a few weeks so I can snap it up and try to work on a touring plan. As of now, we're going in almost completely blind. Any recs for good eats there?

47 DAYS!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom