Trip Report Thank Heaven for Little Girls.

A few years back my son and I took a trip out West and along the way spent a few estrogen free days in Disneyland. This year was the girl's turn, even if that wasn't part of our original plans.

Planning vacations as your children get older can be a difficult task. Demands from college, high-school, camps, activities, and even part time jobs end up leaving very few open spaces on the calendar. Lately it seems that mid July to mid August is our sweet spot for getting away and so it was again this year. Based on a great deal on a condo found by my wife Val, we came up with a somewhat last minute plan to visit Clearwater Beach Florida...and oh yeah, we decided to drive down from Pennsylvania. I also had an eye to sneak away to WDW for at least a day during our week stay.;)

My son Sterg had to bow out of the trip. He's starting college at Penn State this year and since he's on their swim team he needed to stay behind and train. See what I mean about other demand? Don't feel too bad for him however, he has had a few nice trips of his own over the last six months. It may have also saved his life as I'm sure having to deal with him for 18 hours in a car would have stirred some primal blood anger in me.

Without Sterg it would leave myself, my wife Val, my 21 year old daughter Alex (about to become a college senior) and my 13 year old daughter Toni. Not quite "little girls" anymore but as most Dads will attest to; they are always little girls. Anyone who has read my previous reports knows that Val is not the biggest Disney fan - but how could we be so close to WDW and not go? After much deliberations on the scale of the Yalta conference we hammered out an arrangement to make one day on our trip "Chris, Alex and Toni get to go to Walt Disney World" Day. Where there is a will...

The big day came - we departed on a Saturday at 3pm in the afternoon after loading up our trusty stead/Ford Explorer. Leaving Sterg home by himself for a week brought it's own set of issues but he was all smiles and willing to play photographer as we said our goodbyes...

At this point we had no idea what we were getting into...

i-tbh7xkX-XL.jpg

Sterg's long arms came in handy here...

i-fRT3gx2-XL.jpg

Alex and Toni settling in for a long voyage and adventure while Sterg makes sure we say our goodbyes to Prince our dog.

i-dMP37WZ-XL.jpg

We were on our way to Florida!

DznyRktekt

Hi @DznyRktekt ! Looks like 2017 for us. I would like it to be post Avatar. How about you?

PS - What's your take on Carson Wentz? I'm excited he's an Eagle but hope they didn't give up too much for him.
We have a trip planned for 10/31-11/9. We will be staying five nights in Orlando and four nights on the Gulf coast. The beach will be a nice recovery from the parks. Maybe I will try my hand at a trip report. :)

Hopefully Wentz pans out for them. He was great to watch as a Bison. Fargo based Scheels All Sports stores are now stocking walls of Eagles apparel.

skyphotographer

@Juneau Biscuits thanks for reading! I shoot Sony mirrorless (NEX-7).

Thanks @skyphotographer ! No - still shooting my NEX-7. I'm somewhere around 150,000 shots on it, Lol. It's going to be replaced soon however. It's started to give me some troubles this weekend at my daughter's College graduation.
How do you like the A7Rii? That's the camera I'm targeting and also targeting to take that to WDW next year.

BTW - Here's a pic of the family on Saturday at Alex's graduation.

DSC07424-X2.jpg
That's a great looking family you have there. I know how proud you must be of your daughter's accomplishment, my daughter graduated from college this month as well.

I've been very happy with the A7rii so far. Can't wait to get back to Orlando and get some pics. Last time I was there I was shooting with a Rebel and a Nex-5 and a lens selection that was less than adequate. I have a trip planned for September of this year. It will be the first time I've been there on my birthday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Juneau Biscuits thanks for reading! I shoot Sony mirrorless (NEX-7).

Thanks @skyphotographer ! No - still shooting my NEX-7. I'm somewhere around 150,000 shots on it, Lol. It's going to be replaced soon however. It's started to give me some troubles this weekend at my daughter's College graduation.
How do you like the A7Rii? That's the camera I'm targeting and also targeting to take that to WDW next year.

BTW - Here's a pic of the family on Saturday at Alex's graduation.

DSC07424-X2.jpg

Congratulations to Alex on her graduation day! (By the way, that's another lovely family photo you shared.)

fractal

Original Poster
@fractal , I can't believe how grown up they all look!! Makes me feel old, as I remember reading some of your first reports!

Crazy isn't it? Time flies.

We have a trip planned for 10/31-11/9. We will be staying five nights in Orlando and four nights on the Gulf coast. The beach will be a nice recovery from the parks. Maybe I will try my hand at a trip report. :)

Hopefully Wentz pans out for them. He was great to watch as a Bison. Fargo based Scheels All Sports stores are now stocking walls of Eagles apparel.

You must do a TR!

That's a great looking family you have there. I know how proud you must be of your daughter's accomplishment, my daughter graduated from college this month as well.

I've been very happy with the A7rii so far. Can't wait to get back to Orlando and get some pics. Last time I was there I was shooting with a Rebel and a Nex-5 and a lens selection that was less than adequate. I have a trip planned for September of this year. It will be the first time I've been there on my birthday.

Thanks! I am proud of her. Congrats on your daughter's graduation!

I'm jealous! I'm sure you'll have a great time with that camera on your trip. I'll be looking forward to some pics!

Congratulations on Alex's graduation! Awesome family photo. They all look so grown up!
Thanks!

Congratulations to Alex on her graduation day! (By the way, that's another lovely family photo you shared.)
Thank you!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I had a really bad day. I saw you @fractal post and realized I hadn't read one of your TRs. I just wanted to give you a huge THANK YOU. You really picked up my day and flipped my mood with such a great TR with so many spectaculars pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom