Texas Disney Park

Dru2003

Original Poster
Its been kinds keep under wraps, but Disney has just bought a some land in Texas, Im not sure what part, but it has said that it will become a new Disney park.

FutureCEO

ummm...no...disney's never going to build another theme park resorts in the USA unless it happens to be Disney's America in Virginia

Mikejakester

DIsney America in Virginia???

I thought the rumor of Disney America was in Texas. I never head the Disney Amerca in Virginia.

I hope none of them happen... They should concentrate their money on polishing the other parks first before thinking of building any other new park. and if one IS built I hope it's in Texas.
:wave:

The_CEO

Originally posted by Dru2003
Its been kinds keep under wraps, but Disney has just bought a some land in Texas, Im not sure what part, but it has said that it will become a new Disney park.

I just bought some there too.

Nice little 20 Acre Ranch.

Wanna Have A Slumber Party?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Dru2003

not happening.. Disney does own parcels of land all over, but not necesarily for a theme park. Perhaps a call center?

FutureCEO

Re: Re: Texas Disney Park

Originally posted by The_CEO
I just bought some there too.
Nice little 20 Acre Ranch.
Wanna Have A Slumber Party?

:lol: I just bought the old Rocky Point land about 150 acres.

Mikejakester

i cheked out the page...
It was awsome... alot of stuff there I did not know...
I read it was supposed to open in 1998... What happened?
:eek:

EDIT :
NEvermind,
I got to it...

''We all must realize that the impact of Disney's proximity to the battle fields is a threat. It will not go unchallenged.''

Does this mean that Disney's Great America Could be built somewhere else in the future. or it's not going to be ever built?
:veryconfu

Meyers

Originally posted by Mikejakester

I thought the rumor of Disney America was in Texas. I never head the Disney Amerca in Virginia.

I hope none of them happen... They should concentrate their money on polishing the other parks first before thinking of building any other new park. and if one IS built I hope it's in Texas.

Interesting subject. Disney's America, a history-oriented park, was originaly proposed in the mid-ninties in northern Virginia. It was to be located near Civil War battlefields which some people objected to along with traffic, environment damage, etc. The project was cancelled, but CEO Michael Eisner said the company one day might yet built a "history park." I sincerely doubt if it would ever be built in Virginia.

Most logical location is WDW where they have the property and no protestors, or perhaps in a new resort complex in central Texas.

Most people on this and other Disney websites want to see the present parks in good shape before Disney tackles a new resort.

I ran a thread on MouseInfo and got five or six responses as to what they thought about a new Disney resort in Texas with its big population, big tourism and big spaces to build the last US Disney resort. The responses were all negative pointing out it would compete too much with the other coastal resorts, particularily with WDW.

I suggested the parks eventually include Disney's America with a large Texas history section, DisneySea and perhaps my "DisneySky" flight themed park, all quality parks, not at either Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World. Even without no triplicate Magic Kingdom unless somehow totally different, it was soundly rejected.

Others felt that having a third Disney resort would be too much and cheapen the resorts and Disney's name becoming a Six Flags type chain with a lot of parks, but no special parks.

I still think a resort in Texas has merit, but needs to be studied. Disney has plently of space to build more parks at WDW and possibly one, even two more at DLR. But it's focus is on building foreign parks in such places as a second Chinese park, Mexico, South America, Russia, India all countries with huge populations.

Australia has been mentioned too, but it very isolated and has a relatively small population, less than 2/3 of California with smaller tourism. I personally think parks in China and Japan will pretty well cover Asia. But who knows what "Disney's world" will look like in 2050?

Meyers

"DisneySky," Walt Disney World, 2010

FutureCEO

another site also said what you said early about Disney competing with Six Flags in Texas with Disney America but Disney America won't happen for a long time but there is a possiblity it will thought happen. Either that or the 5th park in Florida is Disney America or California Adventrue is turned to Disney America. Personally I think if the only option was between the resorts WDW would get it

FutureCEO

personally i think Disney should stop expanding to other countries. Everybody knows my feeling on building a park in China. Bunch of commis. There are not enough tourist witrh that much money around the world to go like 8 disney resorts around the world.

Meyers

Originally posted by FutureCEO
another site also said what you said early about Disney competing with Six Flags in Texas with Disney America but Disney America won't happen for a long time but there is a possiblity it will thought happen. Either that or the 5th park in Florida is Disney America or California Adventrue is turned to Disney America. Personally I think if the only option was between the resorts WDW would get it

I don't think California Adventure would ever be converted to Disney's America. If you look at the layout plans and attractions at both parks, it would not practical and too expensive. Disney needs to improve the California experience as a priority.

Although some in California think it is a dumb theme and not even done well in their opinion, I doubt if Disney will change it, but instead maybe will add more attractions with a Disney theme, but not necessarily California themed.

For those that live in Florida how excited would you be about a Florida Adventure park at WDW? Imagine the rides and shows. Guess there would have to be a section called Walt Disney World!

DCA needs time, like Animal Kingdom.

So, only WDW could seriously be considered for Disney's America at one of the two US resorts. I can't imagine it as DLR's third theme park with only 80 acres available and being so close to a California themed park, thereby causing it to be left out of the American history park, I guess.

Meyers

retroeric

It wouldn't be for a call center, because they already have 2 major ones in Orlando and Tampa which will be more than enough space after they lay off more agents. My guess is it is for a DVC resort, ala Hilton Head or Vero Beach.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
lets not forget the one in Kansas City for the Disney Store which during busy season will serve as WDW's backup. And you're still on hold for a good 20 minutes.

They may have bought the land... but I still haven't seen any real evidence... or even as much as a part of Texas to do a search for. I am NOT doing a search for Disney owned land in the whole state.. lol. Way too big... WAY too big.

O I Sleep

Originally posted by Mikejakester

disney america was going to be built in mechanicsville, about an hour from my house, and me, being an avid disney freak, loved the idea, but from some reason people here started whining and complaining, and thus they dropped the idea

Meyers

Originally posted by Thebrerrabbit
The rumor i heard was that with the success of DAK lodge they are going to build a giant DAK lodge in texas, I heard this about 6 months ago

Interesting rumor, might have more credibility than speculation about a new, giant Texas resort complex (I support the idea) which may happen someday, but not for many years.

Who can say where Disney will be in say ten or twenty years?

Look back twenty years ago when EPCOT had just opened and there now was a new Disney park in the US other than the two Magic Kingdoms, one in California, the other in Florida. Main WDW hotels were still just the Contemporary and Polynesian plus the Wilderness campgrounds and tree houses, not the big selection and variety of hotels nowadays.

Tokyo Disneyland opened a year later after EPCOT, the beginning of worldwide expansion. With Hong Kong opening in 2005, there will be five Disney parks abroad. That number could double in the next 20 or 30 years.

The DAK Lodge is a spectacular resort hotel with its own private animal reserve, an entity in itself. Since Disney is really in the hotel business in a big way now, it isn't hard to imagine DAK as a separate hotel operation if a compatible location could be found that makes sense. Cheaper than building a new park.

If the parks are to be worldwide, why not the hotels?

Something I question about any rumor of Disney buying land in Texas, is that I think it likely would not be in the Disney name, but a phoney corporation (s) like was done originally in Orlando.

Meyers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom