Testing a new truck prototype at Kilimanjaro Safaris

Neverland

Original Poster
I don't have a picture, but for the last few days, safari drivers and WDI have been taking a new truck around and around the track all day. No passengers (besides WDI people with laptops), only weighted dummies. It looks essentially the same. Slight differences, but overall, just like the old trucks, only nicer and newer, and seemingly less bumpy.

The Duck

Less bumpy sounds promising. My biggest problem in taking photos on KS is just when I have my camera lined up... the truck lurches forward and I get an out of focus giraffe and a crystal clear shot of a strangers ear.
I know that I'll probably never see this but I would love to hear Wilson's voice again. Even without the poachers etc., it was a nice touch that made the ride seem all the more "African".

R W B

Less bumpy will be an issue for me. I like it how it is. Sure new trucks with better suspension will be an easier ride but also less authentic.

Clamman73

i always figured the bumpy was because it was supposed to be authentic...

Right...When I look at the road the truck drives on, it seems as though there are purposely made dips and such in the road so it's "authentic", so there shouldn't be complaints about a bumpy ride; otherwise, they would scrape the road smooth every morning to give it an autobahn smooth surface.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom