Tent camping in WDW

John park hopper

Original Poster
Thinking about tent camping in the campground (never have @WDW) in Jan or Feb. Was wondering how the bus service from the campground is to all the parks, how are the comfort stations (showers and bathrooms). I realize it can get cold, have a large truck so we can bring a lot of stuff if needed Any advice or tips from any one who has tent camped would be appreciated. looking to stay 7-10 days

Disneyhead'71

If you are an experienced "car camper" (tent camping in a full service campground) then you know what to expect only nicer. The bath houses are nice and kept clean. The bus service is some of the best on property. And they have a delightful boat to the Magic Kingdom.

We LOVE Ft. Wilderness.

TARDIS

I tent camped last year first week of Febuary and will be this next February. The comfort stations are clean and very nice. The buss service isn't bad at all! The internal busses run consistently and the waits for one were short. (Tip:You will most likely be able to ride either stop buss, one you can get off at a close stop and walk and the other will take you directly to your stop.We did whichever came first). Last year the weather was great swimming weather during the day but with the moisture in the air the nights are COLD. We loved our heated blanket for sure. Other than that, earplugs will come in handy as the water pageant parade can be heard for a hr or so every night, other campers being up late and the busses or ice machine if you are close to a comfort station. Hope this helps! I had never camped before and am not a "camper" but it was by far my favorite trip to WDW thus far.

John park hopper

Original Poster
Just booked Feb 4-10 2018 tent camp site, will be first time camping @WDW but not first time camping. Can't wait will start rounding up all the camping stuff as we have not use it in awhile. Did not notice when making rservation can you request a campsite near the comfort station or bus stop?

TARDIS

Just booked Feb 4-10 2018 tent camp site, will be first time camping @WDW but not first time camping. Can't wait will start rounding up all the camping stuff as we have not use it in awhile. Did not notice when making rservation can you request a campsite near the comfort station or bus stop?
We will be there the same week! Normally when I do my location requests it's at the 60 day online check in page. You can however call and add that request to your reservation.

jimbojones

Thinking about tent camping in the campground (never have @WDW) in Jan or Feb. Was wondering how the bus service from the campground is to all the parks, how are the comfort stations (showers and bathrooms). I realize it can get cold, have a large truck so we can bring a lot of stuff if needed Any advice or tips from any one who has tent camped would be appreciated. looking to stay 7-10 days
I have not yet camped at FW ( I plan to), but I have camped in central and Southern FL in "winter". Being cold is not something I would remotely worry about but I am from the Northeast which may alter my perceptions of cold. A summer weight sleeping bag would be all I would suggest. I have never used more than a sleeping bag liner while camping in FL at any time of year.

Driver

Actually the tent area has its own bus stop. Weather on the other hand will depend on you tolerance. Jan & Feb. can have some cool nights in FL. I have seen it in the upper 30's and low 40's on occasion. DW and I are full time RV'rs presently but we started out as tenters many moons ago. I would recommend being prepared for chilly nights just in case. The bathroom facilities are typical Disney ( well kept) IMHO. Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom