Tell me that I made the right decision!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes it's worth it in my opinion, and your kiddos will love it! You also get 2 full bathrooms which to me with 5 people is a must. Plus depending when you booked room offers/discounts may come out later you might be able to use. The suites are usually included at AOA for offers. Don't know if you already had an offer or not? ;)

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Yes it's worth it in my opinion, and your kiddos will love it! You also get 2 full bathrooms which to me with 5 people is a must. Plus depending when you booked room offers/discounts may come out later you might be able to use. The suites are usually included at AOA for offers. Don't know if you already had an offer or not? ;)

Thanks. No offer as of yet.

PrincessL

Like @sxeensweet said having two bathrooms and a room that can be closed off is huge. Especially if your kids are still in the napping stage. We've stayed there a couple time and love the theming...cars and nemo are two of our favorite movies:)

Another option is Carribean beach, going through major refurb though, or POR. They are moderates that have 2 queen beds and a pull down Murphy. So they sleep 5. We stayed at CB last year as a family of 4. If we had our youngest DS with us as well, it would be a little tight with 5. But, if the price was right I would consider it.

Also depends on how much time you plan to be at the resort. Overall I think AoA suite is the way to go!

What are your dates? Late summer discounts came out today for stays through August 31st.

ParentsOf4

"Worth" is a relative term.

For roughly 25% less, you could get a similar 2-room suite at All Star Music.

Or you could simply book 2 connecting rooms for at one of the All Stars for 40% less. (I've been told that Disney will make sure you have 2 connecting rooms if there are only 2 adults in the party. We've done this a few times and the only time they didn't have connecting rooms, we got upgraded to a Moderate.)

For roughly 20% less, you could stay at a Cabin at Fort Wilderness.

Or you could squeeze into a single room at Caribbean Beach Resort for 45% less.

Art of Animation has been extremely popular since it opened, allowing Disney to charge very high prices for its newest Value Resort. In terms of the equally subjective "value" measure, AOA is perhaps the worst onsite value at the moment.

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Like @sxeensweet said having two bathrooms and a room that can be closed off is huge. Especially if your kids are still in the napping stage. We've stayed there a couple time and love the theming...cars and nemo are two of our favorite movies:)

Another option is Carribean beach, going through major refurb though, or POR. They are moderates that have 2 queen beds and a pull down Murphy. So they sleep 5. We stayed at CB last year as a family of 4. If we had our youngest DS with us as well, it would be a little tight with 5. But, if the price was right I would consider it.

Also depends on how much time you plan to be at the resort. Overall I think AoA suite is the way to go!

What are your dates? Late summer discounts came out today for stays through August 31st.

We will be there on 8/31 but Nemo wasn't part of that deal so switching to another suite would only come out to about $100 less.

ToTBellHop

"Worth" is a relative term.

For roughly 25% less, you could get a similar 2-room suite at All Star Music.

Or you could simply book 2 connecting rooms for at one of the All Stars for 40% less. (I've been told that Disney will make sure you have 2 connecting rooms if there are only 2 adults in the party. We've done this a few times and the only time they didn't have connecting rooms, we got upgraded to a Moderate.)

For roughly 20% less, you could stay at a Cabin at Fort Wilderness.

Or you could squeeze into a single room at Caribbean Beach Resort for 45% less.

Art of Animation has been extremely popular since it opened, allowing Disney to charge very high prices for its newest Value Resort. In terms of the equally subjective "value" measure, AOA is perhaps the worst onsite value at the moment.
And then there is the option to rent a 5-person studio at many of the Deluxe Villa resorts for $200-250/night and get the best amenities available.

Boulder Ridge Villas come to mind.

Smiley/OCD

We, a family of 4, have stayed at AOA twice, the third this November...IOO, it's the best themed resort on property...great pool, great bus service, decent food court...you won't be disappointed!. Another option to investigate are adjoining rooms at Pop Century. It's just across Hourglass lake from AOA, they have a very good food court, theming is good, and they have the best bus service of all the values!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm in agreement with @ParentsOf4. Check out the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. Full kitchen, larger space (single wide one bedroom trailer), great location and surroundings. Sleeping arrangements are queen bed and bunk bed in bedroom and sleeper sofa in living room. But only one bathroom. Or the family suite at All Star Music, which has a much better kitchenette than AoA, in my opinion. But you'll share buses with the other All Stars.

We've stayed in both. I'd choose the cabins over All Stars.

Unless you can snag a studio at Poly, I'd stay away from them with 5 people.... it will be cramped.

If you want to get an idea of the rooms, check out the Allears.net channel on YouTube - the ladies have videos of just about every type of room at WDW.

Good luck!

daisyduckie

If money is a problem go with an all star suite. They tend to be quite a bit cheaper. You don't have the in your face characters that AoA has, but how much time are you going to spend at your resort looking at them? Enough to pay an additional $80 a night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom