Tell me everything about MNSSHP

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Umm its a hard ticket event with limited numbers that starts at 4pm (additional cost), features rarely seen characters and villians, has lots of candy distribution points with name brand candy that you can easily walk away with pounds per person ( I think I still have half a bag full), a special Halloween parade "Boo to You" proceeded by the Headless horseman that contains lots of neat things like the precision grave digger squad, and is more fun-centric than scary.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Did it for the first time with 3 other adults this past October. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a beleiver. It was a fantastically fun night!!! Make sure to wear your costumes, and have a blast. I highly recommend!

Upvote 0

Tom 55

So you want to know every thing about MNSSHP. My birthday is 10/31 so each September when we go we always do the MNSSHP. I like to take pictures so I can give you a glimpse of what it is like. It is an extra cost ticket not covered by the regular park admission cost. So for us we plan it for the first day of our vacation. Using the MNSSHP ticket you can get into MK at 4pm. We do not get settled at DW till afternoon anyway so we would be wasting money to buy a full day park admission. At 7pm the park closes to non MNSSHP ticket holders. Lots of people dress in costume. it is not required but is so fun. Cast members put a band on your wrist when you enter the park and give you trick or treat bags. There are special park maps that show the location of were you can trick or treat and pick up candy. There is a special Boo to You parade that runs from Frontier land to the castle and them down main street. It is a very popular parade so if you want a front row spot pick it out early. A hint is that if you stand behind one of the trash cans along the parade route CMs will not let people stand or sit in front of the trash cans. So you have a unobstructed view. You want to be if front of the castle. They project onto the castle as part of the show and the fire works are best viewed from there. The parade starts off with the headless horseman. All of the floats were redone a few years ago and are quite spectacular. Halloween brings out the Villains so there are meet and greats for characters that you might not normally see. During the times of the parade there are no lines on most of the rides. You have to do the Haunted Mansion it get dressed up for the event. I have done it with just the wife and I and with the grandkids. It is one of the must do's for us. Here are just a few of the pictures I have from MNSSHP over the years.

Attachments

• Holidays-15.jpg
    Holidays-15.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3105.JPG
    IMG_3105.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2014-09-12 20.11.31.jpg
    2014-09-12 20.11.31.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 51
  • wdw2014265122832229_7055780259.jpg
    wdw2014265122832229_7055780259.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

JHD721

Make sure to dress up! Also try to get a good spot early for the Boo to You parade, it is worth it. Another thing to try to catch is a performance by the Cadaver Dans.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

My birthday is also on 10/31. We took our first MNSSHP trip last year.

We had a great time. There is much to see and do beyond a typical visit to the park. Like others have mentioned, the main draw is that there are villains out everywhere. We were walking around the new mine train and ran into a photo op with the Hag from Snow White. No line or anything.

Speaking of lines, the thing that surprised me about going to the Halloween party was that the longest lines are NOT for the attractions but for the candy. We walked up to POTC and saw a huge line out into the street. I asked a family if this was the line for pirates? He said, no, this is the candy line. The Pirates que was right next to it and completely walk on.

My wife and I had no interest in candy so we spent the entire evening walking on all of the rides.We did back to back walk ons for all of the mountains, for pirates, Peter Pan, everything. That was the part that amazed me the most. So much fun.

They have party music piped into every land like welcome to the jungle was playing in Adventureland.

Since it is a limited ticketed event the park feels empty so we thought it was a real treat. See the special Halloween parade and Hallow-Wishes and the Villains take over the castle. Go see your favorite villains and get a picture. Or don't do any of that and just binge on riding everything in MK without a wait.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
If meeting characters aren't your thing, do not waste your time waiting to see one. I made the mistake of waiting almost 2 hours to see Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Luckily it was worth the wait but it kinda killed the mood for the night. We got off the line just in time for the parade which, in my opinion, is the best Disney parade.

There are a lot of activities going on that night so before you go, figure out what you want to see

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

We went in mid October 2013 and it felt crowded and, like mattchu758 said, there were really long waits for special characters. But we did the research and knew what to expect. Boys had loads of sweets and parade was brilliant, as were fireworks. Rides were walk on. Having been to DLParis at halloween a few times, we've been a bit spoiled. No hardticket, just additional entertainment throughout the day. Halloween show on castle stage, villains mix and mingle (4 rotating villains meeting at back of castle), Jack and Sally met regularly and with average 15min wait when we were there, halloween elements added to daytime parade and LOADS of decorations. In 2012 4-day stay in DLP we met mickey, minnie, donald, goofy, pooh and chip in their halloween costumes as well as jack and sally, jafar, capt hook, cruella amd frollo. Just missed maleficent. Waited average of 10 minutes for each. Thing I enjoyed most about MNSSHP was other people's costumes. Loved the couple dressed as russell and Kevin the bird from Up and the couple who were jack and sally and their baby was zero the dog. Also credit to the dad who turned his baby's stroller into an x-wing fighter, true devotion!

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

Try to get there when it starts to get the most out of your evening. They do have special-themed treats for purchase that you can't usually get, so enjoy that. You will have a great time!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Going to DW this October and don't know anything about this! Going with husband and twin 5 year olds.

I would recommend making it a non park day in the a.m. Take it easy at the resort and then head to the MNSSHP. This way, you won't be tired from a whole day at the park. It is a hard ticket event, as previous mentioned. It can be easy to spend a lot of time in lines to meet special characters so maybe just pick a few you really want to see and then focus on rides and tricks and treats. And its super fun when everyone dresses up. :)

Upvote 0

dlmof2

Original Poster
I would recommend making it a non park day in the a.m. Take it easy at the resort and then head to the MNSSHP. This way, you won't be tired from a whole day at the park. It is a hard ticket event, as previous mentioned. It can be easy to spend a lot of time in lines to meet special characters so maybe just pick a few you really want to see and then focus on rides and tricks and treats. And its super fun when everyone dresses up. :)
Would you think it would be ok to do a water park for a few hours in the morning?

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I would consider the reverse really, Id do a few non stress hours in the parks, do an early sit down meal at a signature restaurant and be back for the start of the event...and then sleep in the next morning...and hit a water park if desired either way its a FANTASTIC event and worth every penny

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Would you think it would be ok to do a water park for a few hours in the morning?

Yes, I think that would be okay but I am not sure I would pay the extra money for a water park tix if you can use the resort pool. There are so many opportunities and magical moments offered at the resorts that we miss out on being in the parks all day. But I think energy wise, it would be fine. I know as a nanny, days we hit the pool for a while in the a.m., they are tired and always nap well. My DH and I (no kids at the time) did MK all day and then the party at night and we were EXHAUSTED! I regretted spending the extra money b/c I didn't get the most out of the MNSSHP tix and we left early.

Upvote 0

Queenof<3<3

We did it for the first time last year with two toddlers and a pre teen. It was expensive as heck. But it was great, seeing the rare characters was fun, the shows were great and the parade was very fun. Did I mention free candy? And Mickey doesn't give out crappy candy lol. What's also great is the park is emptier so you can enjoy a few rides (they aren't all running) with little to no wait. It's not scary at all. My toddlers loved it and never got too scared of anything. The best part was the fireworks which was, dare I say it, better than wishes. : x.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom