Tell me abut the Pop Century

SAV

I just stayed for my first time in June. You should expect to find a very small room. Nice, but small. The pool is open 24/7, so expect to see little kids in there at all hours. Expect to see friendly cast members everywhere. Expect to see a somewhat crowded dining hall in the mornings before the parks open. Expect to see nice theming. Expect a long walk to the main hall if you are not in a preferred room.

Overall, Pop is a nice resort, but it is a value. So if you go in not expecting a deluxe, you will really like it there.

Upvote 0

Disneybird

We stayed at POP this past January, and I would definitely stay again. I've stayed at most of the deluxe resorts, and some of the moderates, and really enjoy them, but considering the price difference, POP is well worth staying at. The rooms are smaller (especially the bathroom), you won't get a refrigerator, and the beds are full size. But the themeing is great and the food court is very good.

Upvote 0

smk

POP is fine! The rooms are smallish but no different than a Holiday Inn, IMHO. The food court can be very crowded and loud, esp in the morning. We had a poolside room (petal pool) and did not find it to be crowded at all hours, nor was it loud and were there during a warm (hot) time of year and there were plenty of people swimming. It's WDW, so the resorts will always be a notch above what one might expect. All that being said, I prefer All Star Sports :eek: to POP anyday!

Upvote 0

tink65

We have stayed at Pop Century every year since it opened....obviously we've been quite happy there! To us it's our home away from home! The resort is huge. They have 3 pools and the theming is fantastic. We've stayed all the way in the back in the 90's section and once you learn your way around, the walk to the bus stops & food court isn't so bad. The food court is really good with alot of choices. It can be really crowded in the mornings though! The buses are not shared by any other resort. Like someone said...it's Disney so it's going to be a step above other hotels. You will have a small room and bathroom but when you consider the actual time spent in your room, it's not a big deal! There isn't a refridgerator but we take our small cooler and refill ice to keep drinks cold. I really, really think you're going to love it there.:sohappy:

Upvote 0
I've stayed at mostly Deluxe Resorts and Villa's and I love the Pop Century. It's a really fun hotel and the food is great also.

I'd stay there over Saratoga Spring any day

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

Of the value resorts, Pop is the best in our opinion. Great themes. As has been mentioned, the food court can get a little crowded and loud in the morning. But it was the same when we stayed at All-Star Music. The shuttle service to the park is good. I think the longest we’ve ever waited for a shuttle to the parks was 15 minutes. But more often than not less than 10. Sometimes it seemed when we were returning to Pop when a parks closed, the wait could be long. But you have to consider that thousands of people are leaving the park at the same time and that delays things some. So I won’t hold that against them.

Rooms are a little on the smallish side. But enough space for an average sized family. Bathrooms are a bit small. Depending on where your room is, you could have to walk a bit to get to your room. But there are worse resort layouts. So Pop isn’t bad.

Cast members were great. Pools are nice.

For the money, it’s a very good resort. And as I said, the one we typically end up staying at more often than not.

Upvote 0

panther726

Pop is our favorite of the value resorts, mainly because of transportation. Pop has its own bus stop, while the 3 All Star Resorts share one line. The theming is awesome, and it is the newest of the value resorts, meaning less wear and tear.

Upvote 0
Have never noticed the size of the rooms personally. Love Pop, and mostly because the bus system is THE BEST on property. No sharing - love it! Rooms are normal size hotel rooms, minus the normal "entry way" hotel rooms tend to have.

The bathroom is small - the door nearly brushes the toilet as it opens and closes, but as a family of five, we stayed there plenty of years - three kids and two adults. Now that we're bigger, we had an incident last year where family had to leave early in an emergency and we were left with 5 people and one room - and even with three grown kids and two parents, we made it work with an air mattress. So you should be fine!:wave:

Upvote 0

caseybeast

Good place to stay!

Yes the rooms are small but not as small as everyone makes its sound. If its just two of you, you can request a single bed which will give you more room. If noise bothers you, request a room on a higher floor away from the pool. I would say go to the 60's building on the opposite side of the pool. I say the top floor, because no one will be above you, and the rattling of the water pipes can't be heard nearly as much. Personally I hear a lot of people complain about water pipes being noisy, but I have never had that problem. The rooms overall are nice and comfortable, and the only people i think would be disappointed are those that are used to high quality or plan on spending the majority of their time in the room. But let's face it, your on Vacation in Disney, except for at night or a mid afternoon nap, wouldn't you rather be spending your time in a park, or going to one of the many other attractions Orlando has to offer. :) Their so much to do you will not be spending much time in your room. Have a great vacation, rest accordingly,:snore: and most of all have fun!!!:p:D Its Disney run, jump and shout till your hearts content!!!:):sohappy::wave:

Upvote 0

Mr. I. Crane

It's the best value resort. I wasn't interested in it at all, but my wife wanted to try it out. Once we were there, we fell in love with the place. Everything is spread out so it's not very noisy. There are a lot of fun things to look at from each decade as well. We took walks around the lake which was our favorite part. Plus, now you can watch the construction of the new resort being built across the way.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

whimsical....

If you love whimsical, you'll love this property! We stayed there in '05 and we all loved it! My kids thought the stairs being located in a giant Yo-Yo was the coolest thing ever. Colorful, playful and fun. We don't have negative thing to say about the Pop Century. We stayed in the 60's building and, as you can tell, thoroughly enjoyed it. We were close to the pool and the main building and had the best time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! :wave:

Upvote 0

Jarissa

On our first trip to WDW, last October, we stayed in Pop Century and had a wonderful time. By chance we wound up in room 1138, which is a super-good omen for Star Wars nerds like ourselves! Our room was on the ground floor, just one door away from the parking lot, and about as far from the nearest pool as it is from the main building.

Others have talked about the size of the room and the bathroom, so I will not throw in my two cents there. I will say that soundproofing held up to everything except the Friday morning lawncare, the air conditioning was quick and quiet, and I was surprised to see that we had neighbors on two of our three walls. I'd never heard them while inside the room, and I'm a light sleeper!

One person in our party loved the Pop Century cafeteria so much that we've already agreed to eat breakfast there at least once the next time we stay, even if that means getting up super-early to make the bus trips and still have most of a day at a park.

We also used the laundromat over by the pool one night. It didn't cost us an arm and a leg, the machines were all clean and in good working order, a LOT of clothes fit into one load, and the dryer got things dry in one cycle without any damage.

Upvote 0

LuvMyLatte

Original Poster
POP Century

WoW! Thanks everyone.:D Even though I have never stayed at a Value I am really excited to stay here (and save some money). I think I will try to stay in the '70's I love the Mickey phone.

Upvote 0

SHORTY

Pop has great atmosphere. Everything is so bright, colorful, & fun. It's hard to feel tired at this resort no matter what time it is or how long you've spent in the parks. I tend to find myself ready to sleep on the bus ride back after EMH's but as soon as I get to the resort I feel like walking around or soaking my legs in the pool rather than crashing in bed. :shrug: I know it sounds odd but the resort does that to me. Just seeing everyone having a good time there brings a smile to your face.

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

Are the pools heated? we are looking at staying in November. Also my nanny is coming with us and she is 90+ and she is diabetic (but she gets around good). So can I get two ajoining rooms one handicap with a frig(makes it easier for her in the handicap getting in the shower) and one not and close to the bus stops, main building? ( I know it sounds very demanding) I can get a frig free if I say she need it her meds to be refrigerated right?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom