Tell me about Fantasmic!

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
I love Fantasmic!

If anyone has any cool "secrets" or stories about this show, please post them! I would love to learn more about it!

Thanks! :wave:

heartodisney

My wife and I have done it once, LOVED it! There are dinner options to make it easier, due to the huge crowds coming in and leaving after. Be ready for your seats, not very comfortable. Just have your camera and video ready! We just also remmber one little boy behind us asking his mom at one point, due to the fact that Mickey would appear, disappear, then reappear..."Mommy, how does Mickey do that?".....she replied.."It's magic!". My wife and I looked at each other and laughed, knowing we would be able to tell our child that someday! Next year that day will be upon us! Good luck and have fun!

Markb

A few years ago we were watching Fantasmic behind a family that had two small boys. At the end of the show, when Mickey disappears from the top of the mountain and appears at the bottom (wearing a different outfit), one boy turned to the other and said "Wow, I wonder how Mickey did that!" to which the other boy replied "maybe he jumped" :ROFLOL:

rct247

When the steamboat comes out, all the characters are on it. As the boat makes its way around to the other side, we all know that the next scene is the big fireworks finale. Well, when the boat reaches near the very end of its voyage, the fireworks start going off. All the characters on the boat go inside the boat because that area is a fireworks fall out zone.

Unfortunately, of all the characters on the boat, only one doesn't have legs to walk: Ariel from The Little Mermaid. She sits on the back of the boat on the 2nd level. If you watch closely, they have to put a fire-proof blanket over her so she can sit there still protected as the fireworks shoot off.

Sketch105

I've heard Malificent's platform which raises her up, drops in less than 2 seconds. As a performer, I don't think I could get used to that :p.

jeffk410

When the steamboat comes out, all the characters are on it. As the boat makes its way around to the other side, we all know that the next scene is the big fireworks finale. Well, when the boat reaches near the very end of its voyage, the fireworks start going off. All the characters on the boat go inside the boat because that area is a fireworks fall out zone.

Unfortunately, of all the characters on the boat, only one doesn't have legs to walk: Ariel from The Little Mermaid. She sits on the back of the boat on the 2nd level. If you watch closely, they have to put a fire-proof blanket over her so she can sit there still protected as the fireworks shoot off.

Wow never knew that. I love the show. Good stuff.

Disneyson 1

There are many different incidental endings that can occur during the show, including the failure of the Maleficent Dragon (the lifted Maleficent-actor stays up) and an alternate ending for times when Steamboat Willie is out of commission (the "character party" happens on land).

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
There are many different incidental endings that can occur during the show, including the failure of the Maleficent Dragon (the lifted Maleficent-actor stays up) and an alternate ending for times when Steamboat Willie is out of commission (the "character party" happens on land).

That would suck! Does that happen often?

Tinkrbell

This is something guests will never see at Fantasmic. There's a wall in the basement of the island, that the preformers who spend time in the basement (Mickey, Snow Queen/Hag, Maleficent) sign after finishing training for the show. Costumers also sign the wall on their last night working the show (I wrote "It may be over, but I'll be back." I'm going back in August.)
Almost all preformers & lately costumers jump in the moat on their last night working the show. It's really gross. I wasn't planning on jumping in, luckily it was storming the entire night my last time there & the shows were cancelled, so I didn't get forced to jump in.

raven

Ariel from The Little Mermaid. She sits on the back of the boat on the 2nd level. If you watch closely, they have to put a fire-proof blanket over her so she can sit there still protected as the fireworks shoot off.

I have a close-up video of this on my FaceBook page. Love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom