Technology Survey

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been posted yet. I just finished a survey about technology at the resorts. They focused on being able to order transportation, food, tours and room amenities from the app as well as turn by turn directions around the resort. They also questioned a chat function for the front desk.
What really caught my attention were the questions asked about a device similar to Amazon Echo to plan another trip or order park tickets. They also asked if streaming Netflix and Hulu from a Smart TV would be something I'd be interested in. There was also a brief question about a mirror screen that can be used with my smartphone.
Interesting!

Notes from Neverland

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I just finished a survey about technology at the resorts. They focused on being able to order transportation, food, tours and room amenities from the app as well as turn by turn directions around the resort. They also questioned a chat function for the front desk.
What really caught my attention were the questions asked about a device similar to Amazon Echo to plan another trip or order park tickets. They also asked if streaming Netflix and Hulu from a Smart TV would be something I'd be interested in. There was also a brief question about a mirror screen that can be used with my smartphone.
Interesting!

Thanks for sharing! I'd love for the Disney app to have more functionality, which seems to be the direction they're headed. Streaming services (Netflix) in the room could be a nice bonus too if that's added down the road.

Communicora

Premium Member
I do find myself missing my Echo when I'm traveling. I'd love to have one in my room at a Disney resort, especially for listening to Disney soundtracks and finding out about the weather.

neoshinok

Curiously enough the Springhill Suites in Flaming Crossings right next to property already has these features through their app and also the TVs that let you stream Hulu and Netflix, also can book it $69-89 a night usually. It's a fantastic hotel and location.

Thanks for the tip! I may just have to book for next month :)

Minthorne

Voice activated interaction and mirror screens that interact with mobile devices? Sounds like some of the tech that may be first used in the Star Wars resort. It will be interesting to see how far this goes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing! I'd love for the Disney app to have more functionality, which seems to be the direction they're headed. Streaming services (Netflix) in the room could be a nice bonus too if that's added down the road.

Or they could just do what they do on the DCL ships, have a slew of on-demand options on your in-room TVs.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of Disney pushing more and more things on to small handheld computers doubling as communication devices.

Bolt

Who has time for Netflix at Walt Disney World?
I do - my vacations are often a vacation from work, too. And if you don't travel with kids, sometimes it's nice to just relax, something I find myself not doing when I'm in my own home. When I stay at Kadani, I typically reserve a few days just for the resort. Walk out to Saana, look at some animals, get a drink and nap a lot.

Maeryk

Who has time for Netflix at Walt Disney World?

Well, those of us with younger kids who we are trying to get to calm down and go to sleep in the room.. being able to dial up their favorite whatever on Netflix would be awesome. We also usually plan one "laze around the resort" day, and a lot of TV gets watched at that point.. there's usually someone in the room while others are out swimming or whatever.

Maeryk

Or they could just do what they do on the DCL ships, have a slew of on-demand options on your in-room TVs.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of Disney pushing more and more things on to small handheld computers doubling as communication devices.

As long as their backend can handle it, their property has full network coverage, and the app actually works, I'm all for it. At least you typically get straight answers (or at least, to everything they think you might ask) from the app.. as opposed to calling in and getting the "help desk" somewhere in East Gibip that is also dealing with room reservations, requests for turndown service, and people calling from the airport to ask about shuttles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom