Tearful moments in Disney films

Mickey_777

Yes the first portion of UP can be very rough. Otherwise all I can think of is Mufasa getting (thrown?) off the side of the mountain only to be trampled by wildebeests and Toy Story 3 where the gang is doomed to a fiery death at the trash dump and later on when Andy plays with his toys one last time with Bonnie. Man, the music during that scene combined with the emotion on the faces of the characters then Andy driving away...emotional indeed.

prberk

Here's a challenge: Think of a Disney animated that does not have (to some degree) a sad/tear-jerking scene in it. I think it must be a requirement.

If you have ever seen the original film to The Walt Disney Story, you have seen Walt explain why he felt that Alice in Wonderland was a box office failure -- that it lacked "heart." He explained that in other films you felt more for the characters. You cared for them.

I think that is so true, and as long as Disney makes films with heart you will find a scene or two that may make you cry -- because we care about the characters. Whenever they go off of that script (of making films with heart, with characters that have traits that make us care for them), they lose. But I am glad that there seem to be some folks in WD Pictures who still remember that.

IndianaJones

It's also one of the most timeless movies ever made. Disney needs to put it back on TV the way that they used to. Meaningful for every generation.

"No, mother. I'll do it. She's my dog."

'nuff said.
That movie never happened. It never happened...

I tend to agree with most of the answers that have been posted. One for me that gets me every time is actually in Wreck it Ralph.

The end scene where he's falling and giving the "Villains Oath". My allergies were definitely acting up there...or maybe someone was cutting onions in the theater...I don't know.

Livialovesdisney

That movie never happened. It never happened...

I tend to agree with most of the answers that have been posted. One for me that gets me every time is actually in Wreck it Ralph.

The end scene where he's falling and giving the "Villains Oath". My allergies were definitely acting up there...or maybe someone was cutting onions in the theater...I don't know.

You beat me to it! I was just about to write it :D Yes! The first time I watched that, I was babysitting my neighbor's kid and I began to tear up and I had to look away so I wouldn't get made fun of! Haha! It's such a good movie.

I'll go with a newer movie, the scene from Frozen after their parent's die and Anna sings to Elsa," we only have eachother, just you and me, what are we going to do?" Sooooo sad!

I agree with all the others too btw. Bambi, lion king, Toy story 2, Hercules, Old yeller, Mary Poppins, tarzan, all of the older and classic ones. Lilo and stitch because of how great an older sister Nani is, and think about, she is only 19 right? All this stress and pressure on her shoulders and she always puts her sister first. :'(

Another one no one mentioned is "Saving Mr. Banks". I just watched it for the first time last week. I must be allergic to that movie because I needed a box of tissues for that entire movie, especially the ending!!!

Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like something is brewin' and bout to begin...

Matt_Black

Yes, definitely! "There are always men like you!"

Love that scene

And that's why Marvel is beating the pants off of DC, movie-wise. While DC has Zack Snyder and others trying to deconstruct heroes and make them edgy and complicated, Marvel shows heroes heroing it up without shame. "A hero does what must be done, and needs no other reason."

Livialovesdisney

And that's why Marvel is beating the pants off of DC, movie-wise. While DC has Zack Snyder and others trying to deconstruct heroes and make them edgy and complicated, Marvel shows heroes heroing it up without shame. "A hero does what must be done, and needs no other reason."

I couldn't agree more! There is not as much internal conflict, they know who they are. And look at all the movies Marvel is churning out compared to DC, and it does not lower the quality either!

Livialovesdisney

Oh, also the scene in Wreck it Ralph when Ralph destroys Vanellope's candy cart and she starts crying! Always gets to me...especially since she just made him his own "You're my hero" medal.

TB4244

tumblr_lqcpneqjok1r1uuc8o1_500.jpg

This...

As a parent with a daughter going through an awful teenage stage and moved out with little or no contact with us, its resulted in us both missing her terribly. So I connect with this on a personal level, I blub every time I see it even though Tangled is one of my favourite movies. :cry::(

Matt_Black

To go a little live-action, Pollyanna. So many good scenes that cause "the feels". The ending of course, but also Karl Malden's sermon when he talks about the "glad passages".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom