Team Younger: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Four Open Brainstorming

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Four: The ABC's of Main Street USA
8571060381_db4a810c5e_z.jpg

Based on the "Main Street A/B ticket" project from Season Three

Main Street USA has always been a favorite of mine. While viewed as many as simply an entry point into the park, Main Street represents a true revolution in theme park design as well as some of the most immersive and quirky details in all of the park...In Disneyland at least. While Main Street USA in WDW's Magic Kingdom certainly has a larger scale to it, most will argue that the "Charm" element of the original Main Street USA in Disneyland is lost. Time hasn't been kind of WDW's Main Street as classic attractions such as the Main Street Cinema and the Penny Arcade exist as shells of their former selves and exist mostly as gift shops. For this project, the teams are asked to create three next experiences for WDW's Main Street USA to help bring the "charm" back to the area.

The three experiences must be ranked in classic ticket fashion...One A ticket, one B ticket, one C ticket. Examples of what I'm looking for from each of the tickets...

A Ticket - Walk through exhibit, interactive element, diversion
B Ticket - Stuff on the level of Main Street Cinema and the street vehicles. If you wish you may either revive the Main Street Cinema or put in an additional mode of transportation in this slot. If you choose to revive the cinema you must include new elements that weren't present in the "classic" version of the attraction and update it.
C Ticket - Small scale dark ride, Audio Animatronics show, or a large scale flat ride.

Presentations must include all three of your attractions properly labeled with what ticket each addition goes with. Good luck teams. This project is due Thursday, March 2nd at 11:59 PM Eastern, 8:59 PM pacific.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

So.. this is a relatively basic prompt. I think the C-ticket will probably be the signature portion of the proposal, so the most time and effort should be put on that.

My thoughts on this, presented in chronological order:

A-ticket: I'd like to add a bit more greenery to Main Street.. I really like the idea of a city park over where the big patch of green on the right side is. I'm not sure whether or not this is a staff parking lot, can someone confirm me on that?

upload_2017-2-26_9-33-25.png

B-ticket: The cinema should be revived, only with the theater being redesigned in a cartoony style to match the material shown on screen.

C-ticket: A Mary Poppins dark ride strikes my fancy, but I think it's been done to death. I'm not too sure what else to use, but there's likely a property out there that fits to make a C-ticket dark ride out of.

Magic Feather

Alright! My thoughts (in reverse order)

C- A new show (animatronic, 3d, live) in TST. Possibly Mickey Magic, a reloed Philhar, or MMR 2.0. Even a MS Playhouse.

B- I know a lot of people will probably think it, but I was thinking of reviving MS Cinema with a new reverse carousel theater that spins you between each short. Have line be digital, or knock out Uptown Jewlers.

A- Something new with the vehicles, or a walkthrough. Maybe Firehouse 2.0?

Magic Feather

So.. this is a relatively basic prompt. I think the C-ticket will probably be the signature portion of the proposal, so the most time and effort should be put on that.

My thoughts on this, presented in chronological order:

A-ticket: I'd like to add a bit more greenery to Main Street.. I really like the idea of a city park over where the big patch of green on the right side is. I'm not sure whether or not this is a staff parking lot, can someone confirm me on that?

B-ticket: The cinema should be revived, only with the theater being redesigned in a cartoony style to match the material shown on screen.

C-ticket: A Mary Poppins dark ride strikes my fancy, but I think it's been done to death. I'm not too sure what else to use, but there's likely a property out there that fits to make a C-ticket dark ride out of.
The green area is a lot of things, most of which need to remain backstage. CM Parking, A certain Fairies landing spot. Outdoor Vending.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Alright! My thoughts (in reverse order)

C- A new show (animatronic, 3d, live) in TST. Possibly Mickey Magic, a reloed Philhar, or MMR 2.0. Even a MS Playhouse.

B- I know a lot of people will probably think it, but I was thinking of reviving MS Cinema with a new reverse carousel theater that spins you between each short. Have line be digital, or knock out Uptown Jewlers.

A- Something new with the vehicles, or a walkthrough. Maybe Firehouse 2.0?

I like the idea of the reloaded PhillarMagic.. The orchestra-centered performance fits the theme of Main Street.

mharrington

I would go with Mickey Magic. The main challenge, though, is where would the Mickey meet-n-greet go? I also hope it's not just another generic magic show or something.

mharrington

Also, in place of the Main Street Cinema, I was thinking of having this be the main home of one of several little exhibits about Walt Disney, each at all four parks. This will be a replacement/expansion of sorts to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream at the Studios. In the case of the Magic Kingdom, it will be about the history of Disney theme parks, particularly Disneyland, featuring a constantly-showing movie about such. It will also be replicated for use at Disneyland's Opera House, replacing the still-running (at least as far as I know) film on Disneyland starring Steve Martin for the parks' 50th anniversary.

Magic Feather

I like the idea of the reloaded PhillarMagic.. The orchestra-centered performance fits the theme of Main Street.
I too like the conceot of Philhar 2.0, for a variety of reasons.
I would go with Mickey Magic. The main challenge, though, is where would the Mickey meet-n-greet go? I also hope it's not just another generic magic show or something.
We could always just use the Tink space, or expand into CM parking a bit.
Also, in place of the Main Street Cinema, I was thinking of having this be the main home of one of several little exhibits about Walt Disney, each at all four parks. This will be a replacement/expansion of sorts to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream at the Studios. In the case of the Magic Kingdom, it will be about the history of Disney theme parks, particularly Disneyland, featuring a constantly-showing movie about such. It will also be replicated for use at Disneyland's Opera House, replacing the still-running (at least as far as I know) film on Disneyland starring Steve Martin for the parks' 50th anniversary.
Sounds Interesting, although, no reason that couldn't be elsewhere. Maybe Firehouse?

Basketbuddy101

Alright guys, I'll be honest and admit that I know very little about Magic Kingdom's Main Street, but I'm sure we could come up with something great if we divide and conquer this project. Let's try to decide what we want to do by tonight and then maybe assign roles to specific members of our group.

Magic Feather

Alright guys, I'll be honest and admit that I know very little about Magic Kingdom's Main Street, but I'm sure we could come up with something great if we divide and conquer this project. Let's try to decide what we want to do by tonight and then maybe assign roles to specific members of our group.
Great idea! I think we are between Philhar 2.0 and Mickey Magic for the C Ticket.
For the B, the only thing I heard so far is my caroseul cinema (correct me if I am wrong).
For the A, I love @mharrington 's idea, of One Man Dream Part A at MK. I personally think that would be a great fit for the Firehouse. @Basketbuddy101 , we definetly want to make sure to tale advantage of you're incredible modeling. Most likely for the C.

Basketbuddy101

Great idea! I think we are between Philhar 2.0 and Mickey Magic for the C Ticket.
For the B, the only thing I heard so far is my caroseul cinema (correct me if I am wrong).
For the A, I love @mharrington 's idea, of One Man Dream Part A at MK. I personally think that would be a great fit for the Firehouse. @Basketbuddy101 , we definetly want to make sure to tale advantage of you're incredible modeling. Most likely for the C.
Sounds good to me! The earlier the better; that way I can include as much detail as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom