Team Younger: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Five Open Brainstorming

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Season 14, Project Five: Legend of the Lost Legend
terracottaall.jpg

Based on DisneyFreak59's "Legend of the Lost Army" Project from Season One

This is a true "Mount Rushmore" of projects submitted for the game. An early, classic concept that left an imprint on the entire game and all those who played it afterwards. A true testament to the creativity these kinds of competitions can bring out in you. In the semi-finals round of Season One, eventual winner DisneyFreak59 presented her "Legend of the Lost Army" concept, an E Ticket for the China pavilion focusing on the stone Tera Cotta soldiers of Chinese mythology. The project was ambitious, detailed, well written, and unlike anything anyone had ever seen before. It truly gave future players a high bar to reach up towards.

For this project, you'll be attempting to recreate some of that Legend of the Lost Army magic by creating an EPCOT E Ticket of your very own. Your E Ticket must be placed in a World Showcase pavilion and be centered around an element of mythology or folklore from the country it's located. Absolutely NO IPs are allowed. Good luck teams, this project is due Friday, March 10th at 11:59 PM Eastern.

Magic Feather

So, I am inclined to not use Mexico or Norway due to their pre-existing rides. Also not China, since we would be held to quite a high standard. There is a lot of potential with Germany with the Black Forest. Japan, or Italy are also great contenders

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'm just starting to research this, but something with the Aboriginal Canadian folklore could be super creative and cool.

I'm open to any other ideas though, maybe other than the Black Forest. That idea doesn't seem very original and I think is being done by another team.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

We could also center an attraction around vampire lore (Germany or UK).[/QUOTE

Vampire lore? o_O

Alright, let's get
rolling. We could center an attraction around Bigfoot. While he's said to mostly frequent the U.S., there have been a number of Canadian reports as well.

I like this idea, but we'd have to be extremely careful to not make it too similar to Expedition Everest.

Basketbuddy101

I was thinking the same thing lol. What about the vampire ride in the UK section of the park I mentioned? That could also work pretty well. Regardless, we must decide soon.

Basketbuddy101

Vampires could be cool. Especially as a coaster dark Ride Hybrid. Still think Japan also has huge potential.
Yeah, for sure! Vampires, we can fall back on as a viable option, but we can certainly look into Japan as well, though I'll admit, I'm not too familiar with the culture/folklore.

Basketbuddy101

Alright, guys, I'm a tad concerned about our lack of activity, so I'd really like to at least get an idea confirmed by today. Also, I can assume project leadership for this round if no one else is interested.

Basketbuddy101

If we go with the vampire dark ride/coaster hybrid as @Magic Feather suggested, the best spot would likely be here; no shortage of space. Vampire lore derives from Europe, with Germany being one of the prime spots. What do we think?

Magic Feather

I think that would be a great space! But we would not need that much, only about half. Sorry for being inactive, busy this weekend. Should be back fully by Mon or Tues. I can do whatever.

Basketbuddy101

I think our best bet is to loosely base the attraction on the Nachzehrer, a vampire-like creature that come alive after being dead. The lore is very gruesome, so we'd definitely have a to strike a balance between being fair to the source and applicable to Epcot's values. The good thing is that while we can base the attraction off of the Nachzehrer, we don't have to meticulously follow the lore. This is our interpretation of the creature. If no one has any objections, I'm going to go ahead and get started on an exterior. @Magic Feather, when you have time, maybe you can work on some potential ride scenes. This will be, as you suggested, a dark ride/coaster hybrid, a perfect new addition to Epcot.

Basketbuddy101

Perhaps we could take the original Rhine River Cruise idea and use that as the basis for something related to the Nachzehrer?
That's fine with me, except I would strongly advise against making this a boat ride. EPCOT already has multiple boat rides, but not a single traditional roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom