Team Younger: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Should we maybe use a website? It seems like we will have lots of pictures, and they might not all fit in one post. We could also make a new thread, and link it in a post.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. A website could work. We could also make a tumblr or subreddit. Reddit and tumblr are big hubs for discussing animation online and it would be easy to make something like that.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, catching up with eachother on progress didn't really happen tonight. So, over the next day just post what you have and when you think you can have more.

"I am doing this part, I've done a bit of background research and some initial planning. I still need to finaliz my plan and do a write up. I should be done on Sunday afternoon"

Just something simple like that. You can post more, but if you can post something, it would be helpful if you could. If you need help with any aspect of your part of the project, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure someone would be happy to help you

Magic Feather

So, catching up with eachother on progress didn't really happen tonight. So, over the next day just post what you have and when you think you can have more.

"I am doing this part, I've done a bit of background research and some initial planning. I still need to finaliz my plan and do a write up. I should be done on Sunday afternoon"

Just something simple like that. You can post more, but if you can post something, it would be helpful if you could. If you need help with any aspect of your part of the project, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure someone would be happy to help you
Really sorry about that, some serious doo went down irl. But here is HoM in the meantime.

House of Mouse-
image.jpeg

This new dining experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios will replace the Sci-Fi dine-in theater, and feature a unique entertainment option for diners. Centered at the end of Internet Avenue, the House of Mouse welcomes guests into a foyer, where an animatronic Daisy can be seen making calls, as an actual hostess invites guests to wait around. In this foyer, guests can converse with an interactive mirror. Upon being buzzed, guests will be taken oast a boarded up wall where they explain "the normal entrance is closed for refurbishment, so you have to go through backstage". After going past a bouncer that prevents non-diners from entering, guests will pass a series of windows where sillhouettes of backstage hijinks can be found. Guests then will enter the multi-tier dining area, with views of the main stage. The menu will remain largely unchanged from Sci-Fi, with more emphasis on milkshakes, and a new deret called the "Melty Mouse", with hot fudge poured over a thin shell, which melts it, revealing the ice cream center.
On stage, an AA Mickey Mouse MC's acts and the like, alongsode an animatronic set of the Quack Street Boys. All other characters are created using Musion effects.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Really sorry about that, some serious doo went down irl. But here is HoM in the meantime.

House of Mouse-
View attachment 188787

This new dining experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios will replace the Sci-Fi dine-in theater, and feature a unique entertainment option for diners. Centered at the end of Internet Avenue, the House of Mouse welcomes guests into a foyer, where an animatronic Daisy can be seen making calls, as an actual hostess invites guests to wait around. In this foyer, guests can converse with an interactive mirror. Upon being buzzed, guests will be taken oast a boarded up wall where they explain "the normal entrance is closed for refurbishment, so you have to go through backstage". After going past a bouncer that prevents non-diners from entering, guests will pass a series of windows where sillhouettes of backstage hijinks can be found. Guests then will enter the multi-tier dining area, with views of the main stage. The menu will remain largely unchanged from Sci-Fi, with more emphasis on milkshakes, and a new deret called the "Melty Mouse", with hot fudge poured over a thin shell, which melts it, revealing the ice cream center.
On stage, an AA Mickey Mouse MC's acts and the like, alongsode an animatronic set of the Quack Street Boys. All other characters are created using Musion effects.
This is great! Love it!

And I figured real life just got in the way for people. I understand that. Happens. Hope everything is alright! If you need anything, let me know!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, I'm working tuesday. But i am off monday. So, if i am going to put the presentation together, I need everyone's stuff done by 7pm at the latest on Monday, Febuary 13th.

If someone else is free Tuesday and would rather do the presentation themselves to get an extra day to work on stuff, go ahead and let me know. Otherwise, have stuff in by 7 on the 13th. I won't get off work till late tuesday, so I won't have time to do it after work

Magic Feather

So, I'm working tuesday. But i am off monday. So, if i am going to put the presentation together, I need everyone's stuff done by 7pm at the latest on Monday, Febuary 13th.

If someone else is free Tuesday and would rather do the presentation themselves to get an extra day to work on stuff, go ahead and let me know. Otherwise, have stuff in by 7 on the 13th. I won't get off work till late tuesday, so I won't have time to do it after work
Pi, what if we made a thread, called "Century City". Then everyone posts their own formatted things in an individual post. In the opening page, you could then edit it in with links to each thing, sorted by area. Also, @MCParradox , how is the map coming along

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Pi, what if we made a thread, called "Century City". Then everyone posts their own formatted things in an individual post. In the opening page, you could then edit it in with links to each thing, sorted by area. Also, @MCParradox , how is the map coming along
That sounds great. So, we'll just make a thread where we post our final drafts as we do then, then in the competition thread I link to each post in the order that is best for a presentation?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

BOB'S BURGERS

upload_2017-2-11_11-23-3.png

Parked beside House Of Mouse, Bob's Burgers provides a quick service-alternative to the character sit-down meal next door. The building replicates the famous restaurant down to the slightest detail, including the lime-green exterior paint.

Once inside, you can sit at the small bar or take one of many velvet red booths to sit at. The restaurant serves up high-quality yet fastly-cooked burgers and sandwiches for the entire party to enjoy.

upload_2017-2-11_11-27-6.png

A recipe for one of many burger combinations at the diner.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Rocky and Bullwinkle: Soaring Escapades

upload_2017-2-11_11-28-45.png

Inspired by the classic yet underrated Jay Ward cartoon, Rocky and Bullwinkle: Soaring Escapades is a family, themed flying coaster similar to Flight School at the neighboring LEGOLAND Florida.

After queuing through a snow-ridden barn, we see projection shadows of Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale, the two main Russian spy antagonists from the show, scheming from a nearby room. Trouble is afoot!

We board cartoon planes suspended from the sky-blue track above , similar to the one Rocky has been seen driving in the show.

upload_2017-2-11_11-38-13.png

A smaller replica of the ride vehicle.

What follows is a short, but sweet roller coaster ride through the woods of Toontown, flying through barn sheds and cliffsides, encountering our lovable heroic duo as they take down the villains. The ride ends with a climatic finale when Boris classically throws a bomb at us, sending us down a swift, crash-landing drop before Bullwinkle accidently saves us all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a lot of time to work on this today, so this is all I've got... I probably need a good hour and a half to fully do Doof tomorrow, so I wanted to quickly do everything else before noon.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Internet Alley
Located near the house of mouse restaurant is internet alley, a small sub area dedicated to internet animation.
Upon entering, the first thing you will see is the bee and puppycat meet and greet, where you can meet the characters from the beloved internet series.

tumblr_mqrckkrAX61sxpf4no5_500.jpg

Across from the meet and greet is the main attraction of internet alley: Charlie The Unicorn: Journey to Candy mountain. This walk through attraction follows the same story as the first video, but has elements from every episode. To the right is the final element of Internet alley. It is a projection playing the first episode of annoying orange in the window of a building.

Magic Feather

Internet Alley
Located near the house of mouse restaurant is internet alley, a small sub area dedicated to internet animation.
Upon entering, the first thing you will see is the bee and puppycat meet and greet, where you can meet the characters from the beloved internet series.

tumblr_mqrckkrAX61sxpf4no5_500.jpg

Across from the meet and greet is the main attraction of internet alley: Charlie The Unicorn: Journey to Candy mountain. This walk through attraction follows the same story as the first video, but has elements from every episode. To the right is the final element of Internet alley. It is a projection playing the first episode of annoying orange in the window of a building.
This is a great draft! I cant wait to see it fleshed out a bit kore, so it can be put kver the edge!

Since we have not yet heard back from @MCParradox , I will start on a slightly more final map. Hopefully, he can swoop in though.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
After semi-retiring from acting, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit decided to open a classy jazz club in Toontown (or Century City). It serves as a more adult focused table service restaurant known for its live jazz music, high quality food, signature drinks (during dinner time), and classy atmosphere. The Lucky Lounge will be built where the 50s Prime Time Cafe currently is. The dining area will be expanded and a dance floor added, but the infrastructure (bathrooms, kitchens, entrances, etc.) can be reused and remain largely unchanged to cut down on costs.
54d84f4f852924ae4787cc7b28b05b70.jpg

The dining hall features a large dance floor for any and all guests who wish to dance along to the music. Lunch time features a lot of up near jazz covers of classic Disney songs and sometimes Oswald and his wife Ortensia will be out dancing with the younger ones (and eachother). A full service milkshake bar will delight and entertain diners of all ages.
All%20That%20Jazz_3.jpg

During dinner time, the tone becomes more mature, upscale atmosphere. The milkshake bar becomes an actual bar serving signature drinks. The music becomes more traditional jazz club fare.

The menu at the Lucky Lounge is a mix of steak and seafood dishes. Scattered around the lounge are "props" from classic cartoons. To keep with the upscale atmosphere, these "props" are realistic versions of the items from the cartoons. For example, the main walk up bar is housed inside an old school trolley (meant to be representative of the trolley from Oswald's Trolley Troubles). Posters advertise Jessica Rabbit, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop, and other cartoon characters from the 20's and 30's as upcoming performers (though they never actually perform).

Many after hours events will be hosted here. Club Villain will now be hosted in the Lucky Lounge. A wild New Years Eve part is thrown here every year. Dapper Day will have its second day moved to Hollywood Studios from Epcot and will feature discounted meals and drinks to anyone who dressed up for Dapper Day.

(I'm gonna clean this up more and probably do an original drawing for the exterior)

Last edited:

Magic Feather

50's Primetime Cafe and 60's Saturday Morning Cafe

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ever since it was deemed that 50's Primetime Cafe would have to close to make way for Oswald's Lucky Lounge, so it could be in the same boundary as Century City/Toontown. Upon a small fan backlash, Disney decided to review profit numbers, and after an extensive search of Guest surveys, it was determined that the most profitable option would be to renovate Hollywood and Vine to become a renovated version of 50's Primetime. In addition to the revival of 50's Primetime, a new breakfast option would be added in which all TV's in the restaurant would play Saturday morning cartoons, as the establishment becomes 60's Saturday Morning Cafe. Using built-in screens in the façade, the restaurant magically transforms at 11:30 everyday. The menu will be transfered from the original for lunch and dinner.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, I had an idea while at work today. We are, as far as I can tell, the only team utilizing internet animations. We are building our new toon town in the movie park. One of the most popular animation channels on YouTube is about movies.

What if we did a How It Should Have Ended interactive game. Sorta like Agent P or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Have it to through out the whole park parodying all the movies and shows represented by the different sections of the park. You can start it from a small booth in Internet Alley. I could do a small write up for it tomorrow and just insert it into @ThatGuyFromFlorida 's write up of Internet Alley.

What are anyone's thoughts on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom