Team Younger: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Team Younger, named in honor of famed Season Seven player and real-life Imagineer MouseketeerCole, author of the renowned book "Theme Park Design".

d0cb466b4c72be47af5e81d0242d255b.jpg

- @MCParradox
- @NAdoTEg
- @StevenU
- @ThatGuyFromFlorida
- @IAmNotAHufflepuff
- @Magic Feather
- @Pionmycake

Season 14, Project One: Who Crossed Over Roger Rabbit
Inspired by Mirror Disneyland's Toon Town in Season Eight
who-framed-roger-rabbit-disney-characters-looney-tunes-characters.jpg

This one is legendary. So legendary in fact that an image which came from the original incarnation of this project...the Droopy Tower of Terror bellhop, has since become the mascot of the entire game and channel, and an icon for the creative possibilities we hope to achieve here. With that in mind, this is a really good place to start. The project is simple, but can be taken in any number of directions.

For this round, teams must design a hypothetical Toon Town as a major land. The placement is irrelevant, just concentrate on making this as grand as possible, and a step beyond the traditional Mickey's Toon Town. In an effort to take this project to that next level, the famous twist to the prompt here is that you may design your attractions with ANY animated character owned by any company. There are no limits and no barriers between studios and different IPs, and those factors won't be included in the realism department.

This is designed to be as blue sky as you can possibly get with the concept. Were truly looking for a Toon Town which could act as a major anchor to a park, and one that completely recreates the "anything can happen" feel of the Toon Town made famous by Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

One final requirement...This land must feature a "Toon-ified" version of either The Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror as one of its major attractions. The Toon Town Tower from Season Eight is a personal high watermark for me, whereas the Haunted Mansion project from season 13 left a lot of untapped potential for the concept. Which one you choose is entirely up to you.

Good luck teams. Can't wait to see the end results. This project is due Tuesday, February 14th at 11:59 PM Eastern!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What if we made it a circular land around a lake. Then have the loop around the lake go through time (clockwise of course). Start with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and classic B&W cartoons. Then end with like Steven Universe and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. Just transition through the decades and leave some space for future expansion. Focus on their houses and other famous building since it is toon town. That way it's a town. Maybe even have Steamboat Willie boat ride that makes stops around the lake.

Scooby Doo would be an obvious choice for a Haunted Mansion. Gravity Falls or Steven Universe Tower of Terror could be fun too. There's a ton of possibilities.

Magic Feather

I love the idea of a "clock lagoon" so to speak. My only concern would be the transition between the newest and the oldest. Steamboat Willie around the lagoon might be cool, but it would probably fare better as a (docked?) exhibit than as a mode of transportation.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

What if we made it a circular land around a lake. Then have the loop around the lake go through time (clockwise of course). Start with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and classic B&W cartoons. Then end with like Steven Universe and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. Just transition through the decades and leave some space for future expansion. Focus on their houses and other famous building since it is toon town. That way it's a town. Maybe even have Steamboat Willie boat ride that makes stops around the lake.

Scooby Doo would be an obvious choice for a Haunted Mansion. Gravity Falls or Steven Universe Tower of Terror could be fun too. There's a ton of possibilities.

Here's my thoughts:

- I like the idea of the circular lake and Steamboat Willie. It fits so incredibly well.

-I'm not too keen on adding more recent cartoons like you metioned... It seems a little off-putting. I'm open to the idea, but I'd say stick to the classics and 90's stuff.

- I'd really like doing something different from Scooby-Doo for the Haunted Mansion. I've read the work threads, and I think someone is already doing it. Let's aim for something a little more out there.

- I have an alternate concept. I'd love to have a massive E-ticket where all the toons combine.. everyone from Bugs Bunny to the Animaniacs. We could use a system similar to Spider-Man and go from there. Then again, I'm very open to other alternative ideas.

- Remeber that we can use any animated character... Adult-oriented shows like Archer, The Simmons, and Rick and Morty are fair game here too. I'd like to do something with one of those.

I'm really excited to be working with you guys! I think we're gonna do great things this season!
I'm really excited too! We have a lot of variety on this group, from verterans like myself to newcomers like @StevenU and @ThatGuyFromFlorida. If we all stay active and work together, we'll be just as good, if not better, than any other team. :D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

a gravity falls haunted mansion sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it could be a mix between museum of the weird as well.

Maybe that could work... We'd have to be carful not to steal elements from a Creator Games project similar to this, though.

In terms of the Mansion, I'm thinking about maybe using elements from the Mickey cartoons and the Silly Symphonies, like the Skeleton Dance or that ghost hunting episode. Thoughts?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I love the idea of a "clock lagoon" so to speak. My only concern would be the transition between the newest and the oldest. Steamboat Willie around the lagoon might be cool, but it would probably fare better as a (docked?) exhibit than as a mode of transportation.
That's a good point. Docked might work better in this scenario. A transport boat of some sort could be nice depending on the size/scope of the land.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe that could work... We'd have to be carful not to steal elements from a Creator Games project similar to this, though.

In terms of the Mansion, I'm thinking about maybe using elements from the Mickey cartoons and the Silly Symphonies, like the Skeleton Dance or that ghost hunting episode. Thoughts?
I like the Mickey/silly symphony theme for the mansion. We could even include some other Mickey Mouse cartoon ideas too. Like to through the Mad Doctor's lab or past the Phantom Blot.

Symphony mansion may sound too... happy? I don't know, it doesn't convey the spooky side of a Haunted Mansion. Not a bad starting place though

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Here's my thoughts:

- I like the idea of the circular lake and Steamboat Willie. It fits so incredibly well.

-I'm not too keen on adding more recent cartoons like you metioned... It seems a little off-putting. I'm open to the idea, but I'd say stick to the classics and 90's stuff.

- I'd really like doing something different from Scooby-Doo for the Haunted Mansion. I've read the work threads, and I think someone is already doing it. Let's aim for something a little more out there.

- I have an alternate concept. I'd love to have a massive E-ticket where all the toons combine.. everyone from Bugs Bunny to the Animaniacs. We could use a system similar to Spider-Man and go from there. Then again, I'm very open to other alternative ideas.

- Remeber that we can use any animated character... Adult-oriented shows like Archer, The Simmons, and Rick and Morty are fair game here too. I'd like to do something with one of those.

I'm really excited too! We have a lot of variety on this group, from verterans like myself to newcomers like @StevenU and @ThatGuyFromFlorida. If we all stay active and work together, we'll be just as good, if not better, than any other team. :D
If we do the clock lake theme, I think we should have some recent cartoons too. They don't have to be big deals and can even just be facades. Honestly facades are probably all I'd do apart from a Mystery Shack gift shop and maaaaaaybe some midway games themed to the pier from Steven Universe.

As far as adult oriented cartoons go, I do have an idea for a Bojack Horseman Dark Ride that I've been trying to find a place to use. I'm also a huge Rick and Morty fan, so I'd definitely be down for that too! Maybe a Bob's Burgers Quick Service too. I haven't really watched much of that one though

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If we do the clock lake theme, I think we should have some recent cartoons too. They don't have to be big deals and can even just be facades. Honestly facades are probably all I'd do apart from a Mystery Shack gift shop and maaaaaaybe some midway games themed to the pier from Steven Universe.

As far as adult oriented cartoons go, I do have an idea for a Bojack Horseman Dark Ride that I've been trying to find a place to use. I'm also a huge Rick and Morty fan, so I'd definitely be down for that too! Maybe a Bob's Burgers Quick Service too. I haven't really watched much of that one though
Last note, if we need a tall showbuolding, we can disguise it as Doofensmirtz Evil Incorporated.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I like the Mickey/silly symphony theme for the mansion. We could even include some other Mickey Mouse cartoon ideas too. Like to through the Mad Doctor's lab or past the Phantom Blot.

Symphony mansion may sound too... happy? I don't know, it doesn't convey the spooky side of a Haunted Mansion. Not a bad starting place though

Yeah, the concept does sound a little too happy.

I love your idea of the Mad Doctor and the Phantom Blot. That's a pretty good place for a narrative. We could have the Doctor's creepy and supernatural labatory that turns to heck when the Blot gets loose, instead of a Mansion.

I'd like to limit the amount of modern cartoons we use. Scaling back like you mentioned is probably the best way to go.

Oooooh! How about a tower of terror themed to phineas and ferb?!

Hmmm.. that gives me an idea.

What if Doof creates an evil, uncontrollable threat that all of the cartoon characters have to unite to defeat? You could combine modern-day cartoons with old-timey slapstick for an engaging and thrilling experience.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, the concept does sound a little too happy.

I love your idea of the Mad Doctor and the Phantom Blot. That's a pretty good place for a narrative. We could have the Doctor's creepy and supernatural labatory that turns to heck when the Blot gets loose, instead of a Mansion.

I'd like to limit the amount of modern cartoons we use. Scaling back like you mentioned is probably the best way to go.

Hmmm.. that gives me an idea.

What if Doof creates an evil, uncontrollable threat that all of the cartoon characters have to unite to defeat? You could combine modern-day cartoons with old-timey slapstick for an engaging and thrilling experience.
That could be a fun E ticket or set up for a Tower of Terror type thing! Or a good simulator type ride if we need it more low key.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Here's where I think we should set our limits:

.3-4 rides (2 E-tickets including Mansion/TOT)
. 4 restarunts (2 full service, 2 quick service)
. 5 shops
. A few other touches (facades, houses, etc.)

We can go big on this project, but not too grand... It'll alter the realism grade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom