Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Two Open Brainstorming

RMichael21

I'm a little anxious about giving away my email address, so I'll just get my part of the project in here on the thread, and we can copy it to the site...if that's alright with you.
That's perfectly fine with me. The e-mail addresses were just as a backup if I wasn't able to get on and copy/paste everything in, that way someone else could do it or someone else could help with last-minute edits. But I have @Snoopy 's email, so we're all good. If you could just have it up no later than 11am EST tomorrow that would be perfect.

DisneyManOne

I proudly present...

5676167090_df4627911e_b.jpg

The Winged Carousel

We're all familiar with the classic carousel concept--board a horse, go round and round and round--but what would happen if those horses were pegasi? Well, utilizing state-of-the-art technology, you may find yourselves soaring to new heights aboard this carousel for a new generation.

At first glance, the Winged Carousel looks like your normal, average three-decker carousel. On the first deck are average carousel horses. On the second deck are horses with small wings. But on the third deck are full-blown pegasi with massive wings.
ee3bf38dbf51b1f1e7ed6ac68f7bbcbe.jpg
The carousel's tent and gating seem far too wide, but it will be necessary for reasons I'll get into soon. Once all riders are aboard their horses, the traditional bell rings and the carousel horses start moving. If you're on a small-winged horse or large-winged pegasus, the wings will actually move up and down. So, we go 'round and 'round like any other carousel. But...after a few rotations, the bell rings again...and something very special happens: The decks switch places.

Yes, you read that correctly--what makes the Winged Carousel different than any other carousel is that the decks switch places. At the sound of the bell, the rows of horses will move inside or outside the carousel (in order to allow for the switching to happen), while still rotating, mind you, and then, be lifted up or down a deck. This is why the surroundings are so wide--so it's safe to perform this switch without hazarding pedestrian safety. Plus, depending on what deck you ride on, the wings of the horse will either grow or shrink. For example, if you're on top and go all the way down, your horse's wings will shrink into nothingness (pockets on the sides of the horse allow the wings to be released again). But, if you're in the middle and go all the way up to the top, the wings will grow into their massive pegasus size. After a few seconds of rotating, the bell rings again and the decks switch again (this way, each row can be on a different plane each go-round.) With this final rotation, the horses make their longest rotation yet until the bell rings again and the horses stop.

And that, in conclusion, is the Winged Carousel. With new technology and impressive engineering, this is truly a step above the carousels of days gone by. Once you've ridden the Winged Carousel, you'll never look at carousels the same way again!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that is my idea, guys. What do you think? Do I need to adjust anything?

mickeyfan5534

Upper Downer

Levels: 3
Number of Vehicles: 36
Capacity/Vehicle: 2 adults + small child

This new take on the whip ride transforms it into a a three tiered wedding cake of a ride, connected by a set of stairs in the center for guests and ramps on the outside for vehicles. As each vehicle approaches one of the curved ramps that line the turntables, they shoot up or down them, whipping guests with them as the vehicles drift through the numerous floors in this thrilling new version of the ever classic whip.

DisneyManOne

Upper Downer

Levels: 3
Number of Vehicles: 36
Capacity/Vehicle: 2 adults + small child

This new take on the whip ride transforms it into a a three tiered wedding cake of a ride, connected by a set of stairs in the center for guests and ramps on the outside for vehicles. As each vehicle approaches one of the curved ramps that line the turntables, they shoot up or down them, whipping guests with them as the vehicles drift through the numerous floors in this thrilling new version of the ever classic whip.

Not to be pedantic, but I think both of our concepts are kinda similar...

~EDIT~

I take back what I just said. Whereas my concept had the decks change at random, this Upper-Downer seems to have the vehicles go up or down the ramps continuously.

Last edited:

Snoopy

All right, so we're in good shape then. :) I'll reiterate what @RMichael21 said, if people could possibly get their finalized portions in by 11 am EST tomorrow so he can add them to the site then that would be awesome, but if not then let us know and I'll do it when I get home tomorrow at around 4-ish in the afternoon.

Looking great so far, and I'll see you all tomorrow! :D

RMichael21

Well, then there's a chance that I won't be able to get it onto the website in proper formatting, so the sooner the better.
Actually, I take that back. It looks like I'm leaving at around 3:00, so if y'all could post them by 1:30 at the latest that would be fantastic. That way I have time to edit and re-format.

RMichael21

This is getting to be a slight bit longer than I thought it would. Does anyone else have access to editing on the site, in case I don't get it up by 1:30?
My departure keeps getting pushed back, so if you have it up at 2/2:30, you should be fine.

Worse comes to worse, @Snoopy has editing abilities.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Currently the least "realistic" of our submissions so far, here she is:

THE WHIRLPOOL*

A log flume ride with a "revolutionary" new feature: riders will test the limits of their minds (and stomachs) as their log spins 'round and 'round the Whirlpool.

backyard_funnel_tornado_water_slide_awesome_yellow_blue_water_park_slides.jpg

We've all seen traditional log flumes. They go up, and then they go down. The Whirlpool, by Team Mist, takes log-riders in so many more directions: up, and then down, and then up again, and then down, and then up yet again, and then again down, and then up once more, and still again down, and finally down, down, down, so far down. The main feature of this design is the angled funnel, or toilet-bowl, shaped track-piece that riders enter after the first small drop. Once inside the patented funnel, logs are accelerated with water and will travel uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill, time and time again through the roaring rapids, quickly enough to adhere to the bottom of the funnel. Riders are thrilled with those sweet sensations of centrifugal force and splashing water waves. After logs have reached the center of the bowl, they are deposited into a short, dark tunnel where riders are again soaked with water from all sides, blinding them before they are dropped 76ft into the splashdown zone.

Angel+Falls+03.jpg

(visual approximation)

---TrevorA

*I wanted very badly to call this ride Maelstrom II, but I didn't know if it was a good enough idea or not.

RMichael21

Currently the least "realistic" of our submissions so far, here she is:

THE WHIRLPOOL*

A log flume ride with a "revolutionary" new feature: riders will test the limits of their minds (and stomachs) as their log spins 'round and 'round the Whirlpool.

backyard_funnel_tornado_water_slide_awesome_yellow_blue_water_park_slides.jpg

We've all seen traditional log flumes. They go up, and then they go down. The Whirlpool, by Team Mist, takes log-riders in so many more directions: up, and then down, and then up again, and then down, and then up yet again, and then again down, and then up once more, and still again down, and finally down, down, down, so far down. The main feature of this design is the angled funnel, or toilet-bowl, shaped track-piece that riders enter after the first small drop. Once inside this patented funnel, logs will travel uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill, time and time again through the roaring rapids, all the while thrilling riders with that sweet sensations of centrifugal force and splashing water waves. After logs have reached the center of the bowl, they are deposited into a short, dark tunnel where riders are again soaked with water from all sides, blinding them before they are dropped 76ft into the splashdown zone.

Angel+Falls+03.jpg

(visual approximation)

---TrevorA

*I wanted very badly to call this ride Maelstrom II, but I didn't know if it was a good enough idea or not.
Looks awesome! I'll add it to the site.

Still looking for the Wild Mouse and Tea Cup sections! :)

Basketbuddy101

The GyroShot
"Putting the 'G' in 'G-Force"

If one happened to be traveling alongside a fair on a summer afternoon, they'd likely come across a 'drop tower' attraction, a thrilling, if not undeniably straightforward flat ride, and a staple amusement of sorts. This, of course, is no ordinary traveling fair. Our engineers have fused the concept of the drop tower attraction with that of the equally-traditional 'teacups' flat ride to create an all new, perhaps unprecedented free fall amusement experience. The GyroShot, as we like to call it, will send guests spinning upward to heights of up to 180' and careening downward at speeds of up to 38 miles per hour, all whilst rotating on a platform that is, in and of itself, rotating on a rotating platform. The GyroShot is a fully programmable attraction, meaning that operators can choose from two settings: a fixed experience with a predetermined course, or a "chaos mode" setting in which all three towers will drop and spin in a randomly-selected pattern.

Riders will experience an outrageous g-force of up to 4.25, which is induced by the fact that riders are not only traveling downward at a speed that surpasses the speed that gravity would dictate on vehicles of this mass, but also spinning simultaneously. It goes without saying that this ride is intense, certainly not for the faint at heart, and most definitely not for those with weak stomachs. The ride has tested well with test riders, some of which have described the combined feeling of dropping and spinning as "highly disorienting" but "undeniably thrilling," something that "demands to be experienced by anyone who calls himself a thrill seeker." As of now, there are only two GyroShots in existence: a prototype "Rocket Red" test variation, which you can view in the video below, and an "acid green" variation, which is ready to be purchased and placed in a permanent home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom