Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Four Open Brainstorming

Snoopy

Really? I've never heard that street be referred to as Flower Street before. The center of Main Street, from what I've heard, is divided into East Center Street and West Center Street.

My bad, I was thinking of East Center Street. Flower Street is of course the street that WDI headquarters is located on. :oops: I got confused because Main Street used to have an outdoor flower mart and I thought it was on East Center Street (I have since come to find out that it was actually on West Center Street, where the Emporium stands today).

Sounds good to me.

Snoopy

The Edison Pavilion: Marvels for the 20th Century

The centerpiece of the new arcade area is a walk-through dedicated to showcasing some of the technological advancements that were being made in the early 1900s. While most of these are focused on home living that would be relevant to a small American town such as Main Street, there are also quite a few items that show off higher living.

The Edison Pavilion is unique among walk-throughs in having two entrances: a larger one on the southern side of East Center Street next to Crystal Arts and the Center Street entrance to the new arcade area, as well as a smaller entrance from the arcade itself. These entrances allow for a two-way traffic flow, with exhibits on both the left and the right side that show the same things, meaning that no matter which side guests enter from they aren’t missing anything.

Much of the Main Street revitalization project relies on nods to the past while also showing off something new. The Edison Pavilion itself is a nod to the never-built General Electric sponsored Edison Square at Disneyland, where Star Tours stands today. While less ambitions, it does portray the charm of early 20th century living and offers a fun glimpse into what people of the time were using to improve their lives with. It also acts as a nice sister attraction to the Carousel of Progress just minutes away in Tomorrowland, which Edison Square ultimately morphed into.

From the entrance facing Center Street, A popcorn-light sign draws guests into the Edison Pavilion, and implores them to take a glimpse at the latest marvels that they themselves can use either right now or in the near future. Posters adorn the walls of things that guests are going to see and after passing by a receptionist’s desk, guests stay on the right side and pass through a curtained doorway, entering a corridor. On the left side they see a note from the walk-throughs curator, welcoming them to the Pavilion and hoping that they enjoy their time here.

The first item on display is clearly a hook for audiences, a heating element called “chromel”. While perhaps rather quaint by exhibit standards, chromel was instrumental in the creation of the toaster oven, as well as vacuum cleaners, stoves, electric washing machines, blenders and even garage door openers. The second item in the exhibit is a self-playing piano, entertaining guests with such tunes as the Maple Leaf Rag. Moving on, guests see a genuine gas-powered Mercedes engine, advertising its massive 6-liter, four-cylinder, 35 horsepower mechanics that will help modern consumers travel. The next thing that guests see is a radio transmitter, clicking away and with a sign next to the device boasting to guests that right now it is transmitting the first ever radio broadcast on Main Street to a radio placed on the second floor of the train station. Moving from there, guests see a projection camera, capable of playing moving pictures like those shown in the Main Street Cinema. Then guests are encouraged to smile - they are passing by the Kodak brownie camera, the first inexpensive and commercially available personal camera. Next to that is an x-ray machine, showing the future of medicine and surgery. Finally, guests come to the highlight of the exhibit - a vacuum tube, which for the first time allows guests to enjoy electric lighting in their own home.

The entrance facing the arcade is far more modest, and by looking at it guests can see that it is in fact a backstage entrance to the building. The room preceding the walk-through on this side is a back storage room that holds a table and, rather than posters like in the Center Street room, has labeled crates showing guests what they will soon be seeing. As it is a relatively small and compact B-ticket attraction, the Edison Pavilion can rotate out exhibits fairly easily if need be, with Marvels for the 20th Century being the first such walk-through being displayed here.

---

I hope that was ok. :) I am off to work and will be back later, good luck everyone!

mickeyfan5534

@DisneyManOne my major thought is all new numbers but following the same format of the original. So a new Overture, a Silly Symphony or something similar, a Tangled segment with When Will My Life Begin and I've Got a Dream, segments with the same feel as Golden Afternoon and Three Caballeros, a segment that could match Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo and So This is Love, and a finale. Tangled replacing Snow White is really my only major idea.

JokersWild

It's short, I know. I kinda realized that there wasn't a whole ton to really cover. I also ended up being out a lot longer than I initially intended.

The real heart of our Main Street expansion is the “Plaza Gardens.” Placed towards the front of Main Street, behind the Chapeau, The Plaza Gardens offers tons of seating around beautiful gardens and hedge displays. The centerpiece of the gardens is the Plaza Bandstand, which will serve as the new home for the Magic Kingdom band, which will perform regularly, breathing life into this new garden area.

DisneyManOne

I've been super busy all day, and I just got home, so I just created this on the fly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tdl11.jpg

The Mickey Mouse Revue has delighted Disney park guests ever since it opened with the Magic Kingdom on October 1st, 1971. In 1980, the show played its final Floridian performance and went off to perform at Tokyo Disneyland, where it enjoyed a healthy run of nearly 25 years, closing in 2009 to make way for Mickey's PhilharMagic. Well now, the show has returned in a whole new way, featuring more modern characters and modern songs...plus voices that actually SOUND like the characters they're singing for.

Not much has changed at the Town Square Theater. The only changes are the banners out front (which will, of course, advertise the show), and the "Town Square Theater" sign, which will be replaced with a "Mickey Mouse Revue" sign. Inside the theater's grand lobby, we find ourselves in a beautiful golden room, surrounded by statues of Mickey in some of his most famous roles, such as the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Steamboat Willie. When it's show time, a pair of golden doors open and we find ourselves in a massive theater. The cavernous room contains thirteen rows of seats facing a 100-foot long stage. The proscenium is draped with a huge red curtain, flanked by two decorations that look like large box seats. In the center of the curtain are the traditional theater icons, the comedy and tragedy masks - traditional aside from the similarities to Mickey, as both masks have mouse ears.

Once everyone is seated, a host or hostess reminds everyone not to eat, drink, smoke or use flash bulbs during the show. The room grows dark and the sound of an unseen orchestra tuning their instruments fills the room while the curtains separated and were pulled back toward the wings. In the center of the stage, the shadow of Mickey appears against a secondary curtain. Then Mickey himself comes into view on a bright red pedestal as it rose from the pit. The orchestra soon rises around him. The orchestra plays an overture to this show, consisting of "Heigh-Ho", "Whistle While You Work", "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Jolly Holiday" and "Circle of Life".

Now, one of the biggest changes to the show will be that the show will celebrate Disney music through the years. So, essentially, we're going to be taken through chronological time, seeing some of the greatest moments in Disney music. And where better to begin than with the Silly Symphonies? At the conclusion of this brief overture, Dumbo's tuba intones the first few notes of "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?", as the wolf's shadow sneaks across the rear curtain toward center stage. Further right, a section of the curtain rises to reveal the Three Little Pigs in a cross-section of Practical Pig's brick house. The pigs play and sing a few seconds of their signature song before the curtain closes over them and another section lifts to the left.

The next vignette features Snow White and some forest animals sitting on a wooded hillside. She sings "I'm Wishing" while the animals listen in. As Snow White finishes, an adjacent area of the hillside comes into view from behind another section of rising curtain. Here, the Seven Dwarfs stand in their cottage, playing "The Silly Song." The dwarfs sing part of the song with Snow White's help before the curtain lowered on their setting.

Then, in the left box seat, Pinocchio appears to sing "I've Got No Strings". He is joined by a Dutch puppet and a French puppet as he joyfully proclaims about his newfound freedom. From the 40s, we move on to the 50s, where we meet the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella, in her scullery maid outfit, standing at the far left side of the stage. The Fairy Godmother sings "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" and waved her wand around. Soon, in a shower of twinkling lights, Cinderella is transformed into a princess. Next up--the 60s, represented by none other than The Jungle Book. In old King Louie's temple, Mowgli, Baloo, Louie and all those other crazy monkeys get down to the beats of "I Wanna Be Like You".

Representing the 70s, the woods shared by Snow White and the Three Little Pigs will be filled in-between with Winnie the Pooh's 100-Acre Wood. In a brief scene, Pooh, Tigger and Piglet perform "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers". From there, we move on to the 80s. Projected on the curtain, we see Ariel's silhouette and hear her iconic riff ("Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah..."). But then, a section of curtain flies open to reveal Sebastian and his crustacean band performing "Under the Sea" in a grand style.

The 90s bring along The Lion King, featuring Simba, Timon and Pumbaa singing "Hakuna Matata" as they delight upon eating many delicious bugs. The 2000s are represented by an old bayou in New Orleans, where we find Tiana, Naveen and Louis performing "Dig a Little Deeper". And of course, who better to represent the 2010s than Elsa from Frozen? In the far-left hand corner of the stage, she sings "Let it Go" from atop a balcony in her ice palace.

When this song ends, the sound of the orchestra come rising up from the pit. To the right, Brer Fox, Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit rise into view and began singing "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah." As they sing, the orchestra rises beside them. The rear curtain lifts to reveal all of the show's scenes at once. The houses of the Three Little Pigs and Seven Dwarfs are gone, leaving all the characters contrasted against a brightening sky in the background. Pinocchio and his puppet friends stand to the left of the orchestra, Cinderella now stands with Prince Charming, Ariel joins Sebastian under the sea, Elsa now has Anna, Kristoff and Olaf by her side, and everyone joins in the song. A rainbow gleams across the horizon as the voices and instruments of all the characters reaches a crescendo. At the close of the song, the entire stage falls dark save for a spotlight on Mickey. His pedestal spins to face the audience as the other characters sang the "Mickey Mouse Club Alma Mater." Mickey, all choked up, speaks. "Well folks, that concludes our show, we hope you enjoyed it..." Then, as he let out a little mouse laugh, the main curtain was drawn and the show was over. The host or hostess comes back out to remind us to exit safely and wishes us a magical day in the Magic Kingdom.

In order of appearance, here are the players and, where applicable, their instruments:

1. Mickey Mouse - baton
2. Mad Hatter - bass clarinet
3. March Hare - helps with bass clarinet
4. Dormouse
5. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - saxophone
6. Max Goof - upright bass
7. Ludwig von Drake - clarinet
8. Minnie Mouse - violin
9. Daisy Duck - cello
10. Uncle Scrooge - ukulele
11. Stitch - guitar
12. Mushu - gong
13. Mulan - sitar
14. Pluto - high-hat cymbal
15. Huey - trumpet
16. Dewey - trumpet
17. Louie - trumpet
18. Gus - trombone
19. Jaq - helps with trombone
20. Goofy - bass viola
21. Dumbo - tuba
22. Timothy - helps with tuba
23. Jiminy Cricket - triangle
24. Gepetto - xylophone, timpani, etc.
25. Peter Pan - pan flute
26. Esmeralda - tamborine
27. Quasimodo - French horn
28. Rapunzel - her own hair (!) as a harp
29. Flynn Rider - helps with hair/harp

30. Practical Pig - brick organ
31. Fifer Pig - accordion
32. Fiddler Pig - fiddle

33. Snow White
34. Bluebird
35. Doe
36. Fawn
37 and 38. Squirrels
39 and 40. Quail
41 through 45. Rabbits
46. Raccoon
47. Sneezy - oboe
48. Dopey - flute
49. Grumpy - pipe organ
50. Doc - lute
51. Bashful - accordion
52. Happy - mandolin
53. Sleepy - fiddle

54. Pinocchio
55. Dutch Puppet
56. French Puppet

57. Fairy Godmother
58. Cinderella - workmaid
59. Cinderella #2 - ballgown
60. Prince Charming

61. Mowgli
62. Baloo
63. King Louie
64 through 70. Monkeys

71. Winnie the Pooh
72. Tigger - bouncy tail provides musical accompaniment
73. Piglet

74. Sebastian
75. Newt - flute
76. Carp - harp
77. Plaice - bass
78 and 79. Bass - brass
80. Chub - tub
81. Duke of Soul
82. Ray
83. Ling
84. Jellyfish - strings
85 through 95. Other Fish
96. Ariel

97. Simba
98. Timon
99. Pumbaa

100. Tiana
101. Naveen - ukulele
102. Louis - trumpet

103. Elsa
104. Anna
105. Kristoff - lute (?)
106. Olaf

107. Brer Fox
108. Brer Rabbit
109. Brer Bear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom