Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Four Open Brainstorming

mickeyfan5534

I definitely think that our centerpiece should be the Main Street expansion, though. Obviously, it wouldn't be any of the tickets, but I do think that we would benefit from putting at least one of the attractions in that area. Perhaps the bandstand that I suggested? Or some kind of something else? I'm just realizing now that there aren't a ton of ideas going around, which is fine. I just thought that someone had suggested something for the B ticket other than the cinema refurb.
Can we do some Arcades like Paris's Main Street has? Those are about A-ticket level.

JokersWild

Can we do some Arcades like Paris's Main Street has? Those are about A-ticket level.
That's a great idea. I think that we should expand upon it, and we'd only be able to do it on the right side of Main Street (due to backstage stuff between Main Street and Adventureland), but it's totally doable. We'd just have to be careful to differentiate from DLP

DisneyManOne

Paris' arcades are themed to the backstory of the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Arcade) and the inventions/visions of the future of early America (Discovery Arcade). What could our arcade be themed around?

Snoopy

Paris' arcades are themed to the backstory of the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Arcade) and the inventions/visions of the future of early America (Discovery Arcade). What could our arcade be themed around?

Maybe a semi indoor-outdoor arcade? Under glass like Tokyo's World Bazaar (which would be needed for the hurricane season) but more open on the sides? Perhaps on one side we could do a recreation of the former Carnation Plaza Gardens that was at Disneyland until recently, that would be an easy way to add the bandstand that @JokersWild had suggested and bring some energy to an otherwise quiet area.

Snoopy

I really like that idea. Perhaps an arcade/ garden expansion with the bandstand as the centerpiece?

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. May be a nice way to bring back the Magic Kingdom's rose garden that was removed three years ago to make way for the hub expansion.

DisneyManOne

I just created this in Paint. It's a possible outline of what our arcade/garden could look like...
arcade 2.png

The gray represents the building, the blue streaks are the glass roofs overhead, the dark gray is the path leading to the garden, and the green represents trees that block guests' view of backstage. What do you think?

Snoopy

I like it. :) Actually, putting the gardens on the far end like you have in the picture would conceivably allow the construction of a walkway from the gardens to Tomorrowland that lets out on the left side of the Carousel of Progress (facing northward). Kind of like a flipped version of the path that leads behind the Speedway and into Storybook Circus. Obviously not a huge part of the project but it might be a nice detail. ;)

DisneyManOne

I like it. :) Actually, putting the gardens on the far end like you have in the picture would conceivably allow the construction of a walkway from the gardens to Tomorrowland that lets out on the left side of the Carousel of Progress (facing northward). Kind of like a flipped version of the path that leads behind the Speedway and into Storybook Circus. Obviously not a huge part of the project but it might be a nice detail. ;)

I put the gardens there because it seemed the only feasible place to put it. If we're truly going to replicate Disneyland's Carnation Plaza, why not go with an area that has enough space to do so? Plus, I think one of the teammates suggested we have the entrance to the gardens right in the middle of the arcade, so I took that into consideration, as well.

Snoopy

I'm loving the ideas guys. Any thoughts on what the B ticket might be then?

Well if we're not doing a Walt walk-through, how about a Modern Marvels type walk-through? I'm thinking that if our arcade is early 1900s exposition themed it might be a nice transition from Tomorrowland (both of them being "future that never was" themed). It could be a walk-through showing off different types of early 1900s technology that was either available "now" or in the future.

mickeyfan5534

Well if we're not doing a Walt walk-through, how about a Modern Marvels type walk-through? I'm thinking that if our arcade is early 1900s exposition themed it might be a nice transition from Tomorrowland (both of them being "future that never was" themed). It could be a walk-through showing off different types of early 1900s technology that was either available "now" or in the future.
That'd be quite interesting. I quite like that.

Snoopy

Also I was thinking perhaps we could add an entrance to the arcade from Flower Street? It may help with crowd flow.

And had we decided on our C-ticket? Was it going to be an updated Mickey Mouse Review or something else?

Snoopy

Would such an attraction be in the Exposition Hall?

Ok guys, I'm off to work and won't be back until later tonight. I'll see you all later on. :)

mickeyfan5534

Would such an attraction be in the Exposition Hall?

Ok guys, I'm off to work and won't be back until later tonight. I'll see you all later on. :)
Yep. Replacing Mickey and Tink.

Same here. Here's a list of what we have to do. I'll work on Mickey Mouse Revue or parts of it if someone else wants to do it as well.

A-Ticket (Main Street Gardens) -
B-Ticket (Walkthrough) -
C-Ticked (Mickey Mouse Revue) - @mickeyfan5534

DisneyManOne

Also I was thinking perhaps we could add an entrance to the arcade from Flower Street? It may help with crowd flow.

And had we decided on our C-ticket? Was it going to be an updated Mickey Mouse Review or something else?

Isn't Flower Street on the western side of Main Street (I say that because the outdoor flower shop used to be there)?

Anyways, I'll more than happily work on The Mickey Mouse Revue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom