Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Twelve Open Brainstorming

Magic Feather

Here's two ideas for the ride story (in synopsis form):

1: We are going on a grand tour of Production Central at Universal Studios. Our car drives through rooms where we see animators animating, and overall just the process of how a movie is made. Kinda boring in my opinion

2: Our guide tells that we are going to be doing storyline one, but we end up in the world of Jaws, then Back to the Future, then King Kong (you get the idea). Overall, a more entertaining, but less educational.
I would lean towards more of a version of the studio tour, just a bit more extreme. EX: When we go through the little Europe set, an explosive scene is being filmed, or Jaws jumps out and over the vehicle.

kmbmw777

I would lean towards more of a version of the studio tour, just a bit more extreme. EX: When we go through the little Europe set, an explosive scene is being filmed, or Jaws jumps out and over the vehicle.
I get what you mean. So instead of seeing how the movie is made, focus on the actual filming (but spiced up)?

DisneyManOne

Here's two ideas for the ride story (in synopsis form):

1: We are going on a grand tour of Production Central at Universal Studios. Our car drives through rooms where we see animators animating, and overall just the process of how a movie is made. Kinda boring in my opinion

2: Our guide tells that we are going to be doing storyline one, but we end up in the world of Jaws, then Back to the Future, then King Kong (you get the idea). Overall, a more entertaining, but less educational.

I enjoy the second idea. Maybe we could use this to pay tribute to some of the rides that are no longer with us...Back to the Future, Jaws, King Kong, Ghostbusters, Twister, etc. We could go through the worlds of those films. It's essentially a tribute to the park's past and heritage.

Basketbuddy101

I enjoy the second idea. Maybe we could use this to pay tribute to some of the rides that are no longer with us...Back to the Future, Jaws, King Kong, Ghostbusters, Twister, etc. We could go through the worlds of those films. It's essentially a tribute to the park's past and heritage.
I was thinking the same thing. To expand on this, what if we start off next to the Delorean, and we get sucked into a time vortex that sends us back in time to various points of universal history. We could have Christopher Lloyd reprise his role. I don't see why he wouldn't do it in real life.

kmbmw777

I was thinking the same thing. To expand on this, what if we start off next to the Delorean, and we get sucked into a time vortex that sends us back in time to various points of universal history. We could have Christopher Lloyd reprise his role. I don't see why he wouldn't do it in real life.
So are you suggesting using Back to the Future as the rides backstory.

I was thinking maybe instead we could use Magic Feather's idea of driving through the sets for these movies or

we could have bolt of lightning hit the camera that would be filming our car, causing us to get magically sucked into all of the movies that the camera has recorded (which turns out to be some pretty famous movies)

Basketbuddy101

I brought MagicFeather's layout drawing into the 3D world. The buildings in this rendering are only meant to depict space, general size, etc. The 'Grand Universal Theater,' on the other hand, is detailed and coming along. Notice the familiar shape of the theater's building, which is a modified version of the Shrek 4D building.

Magic Feather

I brought MagicFeather's layout drawing into the 3D world. The buildings in this rendering are only meant to depict space, general size, etc. The 'Grand Universal Theater,' on the other hand, is detailed and coming along. Notice the familiar shape of the theater's building, which is a modified version of the Shrek 4D building.
This is fantastic! If possible to change (if not, no biggie), should we do it to where we slant the entrance pathway by demoing the boulangerie letting the main path deadend into the theater, before forking into the Grand Universal?

Snoopy

Quick question - what decade were we thinking of setting this in? 20s, 30s, 40s, present day? I'm thinking of making a BGM loop for this area (I haven't done one yet this season, and I figured this would be the perfect project for it) and I wanted the music to be accurate. :)

kmbmw777

Quick question - what decade were we thinking of setting this in? 20s, 30s, 40s, present day? I'm thinking of making a BGM loop for this area (I haven't done one yet this season, and I figured this would be the perfect project for it) and I wanted the music to be accurate. :)
I think present.

Basketbuddy101

A music loop would be great, Snoopy. I'd say this is a modern setting, but it's more retro-modern considering the architectural style is mostly art Deco. I can update the rendering at will, by the way. As far as the music goes, I was thinking a mix of universal movie instrumentals done in classical style, that is if you can find them. It's really up to you.

kmbmw777

INTRO TO THE RIDE
Our car drives into the room where it stops on a rotating platform. All around us, the screens light up to make it seem as if we are driving out of a tunnel into the heart of Universal Studios. Giant sets of a metropolitan city (most likely New York) line both sides of our tram. Rain falls from the sky, but as we are in a covered tram, none gets to us.”

Studio_Tour_tram_sets-961x421.jpg

“Welcome to Universal Studios!” says our guide, as he slides along his poles at the front of the tram. “My name is ____ and I will be your marvelous tour guide for today! Your driver is the robot prototype ATID (Automatic Tram Intelligent Driver)! We are proud to welcome you to the place where all the magic of moviemaking occurs!”

Our vehicle takes a turn into an open garage on the street. The garage is mostly dark, but rusty old film equipment lines the wall. Thunder is heard in the background. Our vehicle comes to a complete stop when we are all inside of the garage.

“Lights, please!” says our guide. A spotlight comes on shines upon a rusty film camera.

MovieCameraTHUMB2.jpg5e910fca-ea84-454f-a149-3989338ec8bfLarge.jpg

“Thus here is the historic camera that filmed some of the best movies in Universal history - Jaws, Back to the Future, King Kong, Ghostbusters, Twister, Animal House, you name it - this camera probably filmed it.” More thunder can be heard outside as the rain steepens.

“Alright ATID, let’s get out of here!” Thunder strikes the building we are inside of, and the ground shakes. The garage door behind us comes to a shut abruptly and all of the lights go out, except for the spotlight illuminating the camera. Bolts of green electricity crawl up to the camera, and it turns on. A bright yellow light shines upon the cart.

“What the -” the guide yells. The room around us spins, and the platform rotates to feel like we are actually the ones going upside down. Suddenly reality begins to darken and it turns off? The effect resembles an old TV turning off.

tv-noise-0112-a-tv-screen-turns-off_vkmxbnmz__S0002.jpg

kmbmw777

INTRO TO THE RIDE
Our car drives into the room where it stops on a rotating platform. All around us, the screens light up to make it seem as if we are driving out of a tunnel into the heart of Universal Studios. Giant sets of a metropolitan city (most likely New York) line both sides of our tram. Rain falls from the sky, but as we are in a covered tram, none gets to us.”

Studio_Tour_tram_sets-961x421.jpg

“Welcome to Universal Studios!” says our guide, as he slides along his poles at the front of the tram. “My name is ____ and I will be your marvelous tour guide for today! Your driver is the robot prototype ATID (Automatic Tram Intelligent Driver)! We are proud to welcome you to the place where all the magic of moviemaking occurs!”

Our vehicle takes a turn into an open garage on the street. The garage is mostly dark, but rusty old film equipment lines the wall. Thunder is heard in the background. Our vehicle comes to a complete stop when we are all inside of the garage.

“Lights, please!” says our guide. A spotlight comes on shines upon a rusty film camera.

MovieCameraTHUMB2.jpg5e910fca-ea84-454f-a149-3989338ec8bfLarge.jpg

“Thus here is the historic camera that filmed some of the best movies in Universal history - Jaws, Back to the Future, King Kong, Ghostbusters, Twister, Animal House, you name it - this camera probably filmed it.” More thunder can be heard outside as the rain steepens.

“Alright ATID, let’s get out of here!” Thunder strikes the building we are inside of, and the ground shakes. The garage door behind us comes to a shut abruptly and all of the lights go out, except for the spotlight illuminating the camera. Bolts of green electricity crawl up to the camera, and it turns on. A bright yellow light shines upon the cart.

“What the -” the guide yells. The room around us spins, and the platform rotates to feel like we are actually the ones going upside down. Suddenly reality begins to darken and it turns off? The effect resembles an old TV turning off.

tv-noise-0112-a-tv-screen-turns-off_vkmxbnmz__S0002.jpg
@Basketbuddy101 @Magic Feather, thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom