Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Twelve Open Brainstorming

Basketbuddy101

Alright, here are some real-life buildings that we can replace Minions with. These buildings scream Hollywood, and would make a great icon for the park. There's no particular order or ranking to these. Just possibilities.

-Pantages Theater
Pantages-newfront-919x630.jpg

-RKO Pictures Building
RKO%201940%20a.jpg

Cinerama Theater:
0_4200_422_2682_one_pacifics-cinerama-theatre-ghioldi043.JPG

Beverly Hills Theater:
823d05db6801d50ab1acf3f858e4d6af.jpg

Academy Theater (Inglewood)
4088129627_bf857a3de9.jpg

I think any of these would be great choices. We could even go the original route and make a fictional theater that could take visual cues from all of these theaters and, within the context of the story we make up, somehow tie in to Universal Studios History. What do we think?

kmbmw777

Alright, here are some real-life buildings that we can replace Minions with. These buildings scream Hollywood, and would make a great icon for the park. There's no particular order or ranking to these. Just possibilities.

-Pantages Theater
Pantages-newfront-919x630.jpg

-RKO Pictures Building
RKO%201940%20a.jpg

Cinerama Theater:
0_4200_422_2682_one_pacifics-cinerama-theatre-ghioldi043.JPG

Beverly Hills Theater:
823d05db6801d50ab1acf3f858e4d6af.jpg

Academy Theater (Inglewood)
4088129627_bf857a3de9.jpg

I think any of these would be great choices. We could even go the original route and make a fictional theater that could take visual cues from all of these theaters and, within the context of the story we make up, somehow tie in to Universal Studios History. What do we think?
The academt theater is my favorite but I say we combine all of these aspects into one new theater

Magic Feather

image.jpeg
Here is a concept sketch of a possible new layout. Grey is pathways, Orange are the entrance booths, bright green is the new Guests Services for in park, blue are water features, yellow is false façades, dark blue is the new US Store, where the dotted line is a bridge, and the other section is the stock room, purple is park boundaries, lime green is survey center, brown is rentals and restrooms, lavender squiggles are the new icon complex, thin green is a new queue for DMMM, grey-blue is for new store, restaurant, attraction, or meet and greet central, finally, all buildings striped in red would be slated for demo.

Snoopy

I do like the globe of the RKO theater, it would fit nicely with the park. Beyond that though I have to agree that the Beverly would make a great "castle". Maybe it would be possible to combine the two? Replace the "Warner" part with the globe and antenna?

kmbmw777

View attachment 201354 Here is a concept sketch of a possible new layout. Grey is pathways, Orange are the entrance booths, bright green is the new Guests Services for in park, blue are water features, yellow is false façades, dark blue is the new US Store, where the dotted line is a bridge, and the other section is the stock room, purple is park boundaries, lime green is survey center, brown is rentals and restrooms, lavender squiggles are the new icon complex, thin green is a new queue for DMMM, grey-blue is for new store, restaurant, attraction, or meet and greet central, finally, all buildings striped in red would be slated for demo.
Great job. I suggest that we use the gray-blue for an attraction like Soarin' through the Movies. It could be a simulator (Uni does like their SCREENZ) where guests travel through a multitude of movies/stories while trying to stop different bad guys who team up. Could be a fun experience. Is there room?

kmbmw777

Great job. I suggest that we use the gray-blue for an attraction like Soarin' through the Movies. It could be a simulator (Uni does like their SCREENZ) where guests travel through a multitude of movies/stories while trying to stop different bad guys who team up. Could be a fun experience. Is there room?
Actually, I can see this much more easily being a SHrek 4D style show, which we said we were demolishing.

Magic Feather

Actually, I can see this much more easily being a SHrek 4D style show, which we said we were demolishing.
If we did a sim through the movies, we would need to make it very unique, and I would lean against a shrek 4D Show. Maybe start as a theater like shrek, then have the curtain open, as guests lunge forward into the screen (now In a dome).

kmbmw777

If we did a sim through the movies, we would need to make it very unique, and I would lean against a shrek 4D Show. Maybe start as a theater like shrek, then have the curtain open, as guests lunge forward into the screen (now In a dome).
That could work. Would you still vote that it is okay to have it rather than being a "travel through a multitude of movies/stories while trying to stop different bad guys who team up." rather than just a book report.

DisneyManOne

If we're planning on getting rid of Shrek 4D, I say we go for it. Besides, you can watch it on Netflix and YouTube, and it's available on DVD, so why waste valuable theme park space for something you can watch on your phone?

Basketbuddy101

View attachment 201354 Here is a concept sketch of a possible new layout. Grey is pathways, Orange are the entrance booths, bright green is the new Guests Services for in park, blue are water features, yellow is false façades, dark blue is the new US Store, where the dotted line is a bridge, and the other section is the stock room, purple is park boundaries, lime green is survey center, brown is rentals and restrooms, lavender squiggles are the new icon complex, thin green is a new queue for DMMM, grey-blue is for new store, restaurant, attraction, or meet and greet central, finally, all buildings striped in red would be slated for demo.
This is a terrific plan. Very impressive. I'm going to go ahead and make the focus of my artwork the icon, so that's for sure going to get done, but I'll also go ahead and see if I can do some facade work for the other buildings. One thing I will say is this, however: the project is due on Friday, so that doesn't give us all that much time. Let's not get overambitious. Magic Feather pretty much nailed the design of this so that's good. I'm going to go ahead and design a building that takes the bulk of its inspiration from the Academy Theater. I'll also go ahead and add a description to it. In the meantime, if anyone wants to take care of some of the other elements, they're up for grabs.

Magic Feather

What if we had a "digital studio tour"? Guests enter tams similar to Hollywood, then enter a 360-3D screen and go on an idealized version of the tour, that is more amped up, like Hamas jumps up over the vehicle, and Kong and Furious are nixed.

kmbmw777

What if we had a "digital studio tour"? Guests enter tams similar to Hollywood, then enter a 360-3D screen and go on an idealized version of the tour, that is more amped up, like Hamas jumps up over the vehicle, and Kong and Furious are nixed.
This sounds great in theory but I do not see how it would fit. I think the only real rides we could do are simulators or shows.

Magic Feather

image.jpeg
This is the rough layout for an old train concept I had for EPCOT, that could work for my tram tour idea. One train loads and unloads while the other id in the 3D scene, before the train would pull to one load, as the other got pulled into the 3D room. This could be swapped for "trams". A show like Disneyman said could also work.

kmbmw777

Could we at least do one show? Universal has enough simulators as is already...
View attachment 201451 This is the rough layout for an old train concept I had for EPCOT, that could work for my tram tour idea. One train loads and unloads while the other id in the 3D scene, before the train would pull to one load, as the other got pulled into the 3D room. This could be swapped for "trams". A show like Disneyman said could also work.
Personally I am a fan of MF's idea as it fits the backlot theme really will. I'll post more thoughts when I'm not hiding on my phone after a math test.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I've been racking my brain once again for nominations and have come to the conclusion that since everyone has contributed a fairly even amount of work and I don't want to discourage anyone this far in the game, I'm going to have this round be an OPEN VOTE. This means you may vote for anyone of the remaining five players besides Snoopy who got the last PoMVP. I think this will make it a very fair decision based on how everyone worked together without taking my external viewpoint into consideration. Ballots will go out the morning the project is due. In the meantime I'm hoping to catch up with @MANEATINGWREATH for a podcast some time in the next couple days.

kmbmw777

View attachment 201451 This is the rough layout for an old train concept I had for EPCOT, that could work for my tram tour idea. One train loads and unloads while the other id in the 3D scene, before the train would pull to one load, as the other got pulled into the 3D room. This could be swapped for "trams". A show like Disneyman said could also work.
Here's two ideas for the ride story (in synopsis form):

1: We are going on a grand tour of Production Central at Universal Studios. Our car drives through rooms where we see animators animating, and overall just the process of how a movie is made. Kinda boring in my opinion

2: Our guide tells that we are going to be doing storyline one, but we end up in the world of Jaws, then Back to the Future, then King Kong (you get the idea). Overall, a more entertaining, but less educational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom